- My career goals involve venturing in the fields of engineering project management, process engineering, food processing, as well as a deep focus on energy generation and its alternatives with emphasis on environmental safety and preservation.
B. Eng. Chemical Engineering (First Class Honours.),
Confidential, Jamaica (UTech) – Kingston 6, Jamaica
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Officer, Continental Baking Company,
- Assessment of the operations of the plant and determination of correct procedures to ensure food safety and implementation of measures in accordance with FSMA requirements.
- Creation of proper record keeping documents.
Chemical Engineering Intern, Confidential
- Assessment of the operations of the hydro-cyclones in the precipitation department
- Development of a solids settling profile of the precipitation tanks
- Determination of the sand factor in the bauxite using a newly developed procedure and a plant balance.
- Scope of projects involved sample collection, laboratory testing and analyses of results
Laboratory Assistant, Confidential
- Waste water laboratory analyses on samples obtained from various industries in Jamaica
- Analyses were done for the presence of metals, other ions, solids, oil & grease etc.
- Waste classification on university campus as well as treatment options
Teller/ Customer Service Representative, BNS Jamaica
- Study of extraction of ginger oil for antioxidants including design of steam distillation unit
- Design of an acrylic acid plant with analyses of cost and feasibility and environmental and safety impacts
- Design of heat exchangers and calculations to determine energy consumption and equipment specifications.
- Most Outstanding Engineering Graduate – Jamaica Institution of Engineers
- First Class Honours – UTech graduating class
- Faculty of Engineering and Computing Dean’s List,
- Most Outstanding 3rd Year Chemical Engineering Student
- UTech Foundation Scholarship
- AutoCad, ChemCad, Matlab, ComSol, Design Expert, Engineering Equation Solver, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access etc.)
- Association of Chemical Engineering Students (AChemES) – President
- Duanvale United Sports Club - President
- Duanvale Community Development Committee
- Jamaica Cultural Development Commission Trelawny Parish Committee member
- Other interests – Sports, politics, social issues.
- English (Native)
- Spanish (intermediate level)