- Over 7 years of experience in the Software industry, involved in the design and development of a diverse set of applications using Microsoft .NET technologies and other open - source frameworks across various domains.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including Architecture, Requirement analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Debugging, Testing, Documentation, Maintenance and Support
- Medium proficiency in Python, C, C++; Basic knowledge of Java.
- Experience in development of Console Applications and Enterprise Web Applications using the .NET Framework.
- Adept with MVC pattern of development web applications. Experience with ASP.NET MVC 4 and 5.
- Proficient in building distributed systems from scratch using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Excellent experience with building RESTful services using ASP.NET Web API.
- Experience with Entity Framework - database-first approach as well as expertise in LINQ to Entities.
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008 and Oracle Database 12c. Basic knowledge of MySQL and MongoDB and contrasted with Microsoft Azure’s Document DB.
- Experience with unit-testing applications as well as integration testing and load testing.
- Adept at using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/2012/2010 with .NET Framework 2.X/3.X/4.0/4.5.
- Extensive experience in using Microsoft Azure’s offerings. Used Azure App Service as a cloud platform to build and deploy test and prototype systems. Also experienced in provisioning windows virtual machines using Azure Virtual Machines for SIT, UAT and Staging environments. Utilized Azure’s Database-as-a-service SQL Database for storing test data.
- Basic understanding of Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with using the TFS (Team Foundation Server), GitHub and NuGet in collaborative projects.
- Maintain a healthy interest in Big Data, Data Science and Machine Learning by enrolling in Online Specializations. Have also experimented with Microsoft Azure’s Machine Learning and Cognitive Services.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and a very good aptitude.
- Sharp interpersonal skills with excellent written/oral communication
Confidential, Frankfort, KY
Senior .Net Developer/UI Developer/Lead
- Participated in requirement gathering sessions with business analysts to assist them in providing timelines and feasibility reports.
- Accomplished rapid-prototyping of product for live demos every week during design meetings.
- Helped architect entire service stack for the distributed system solution.
- Designed business-rule engines based on domain specifications and re-used these engines in both front-end validations and asynchronous calls to the middle tier.
- Designed and built customized user-controls that were then packaged and distributed to other members of the organization through Nuget.
- Front-end of both applications was built using an ASP.NET MVC 4 template.
- Used ASP.NET Web API for providing an API for security-related claims for various roles.
- Used React.js through ReactJS.NET to create components of the user-interface.
- Built business-management tool for external users with AngularJS with a Web API and Entity Framework backend.
- One of the applications was a Single Page Application (SPA) built using asynchronous calls throughout the application.
- Used WCF for creating and consuming services between front-end, application layer, business layer and data layer.
- Assisted in building packages and stored procedures in Oracle for the Data Layer.
- Wrote and deployed Windows services from scratch for processing applications in an async manner.
- Automated the process of deployments to SIT and UAT environments through batch files and Powershell scripts.
- Used Azure App Service as a cloud platform to build and deploy test and prototype systems.
- Also experienced in provisioning windows virtual machines using Azure Virtual Machines for SIT, UAT and Staging environments.
- Utilized Azure’s Database-as-a-service SQL Database for storing test data.
- Helped set-up load balancing among the servers in test and production environments.
- Coordinated testing phases and assigned defects/bugs to appropriate developers.
- Participated in technical screening interviews for candidates for the team.
Environment: and Tools - ASP.NET MVC 4, Microsoft Azure, ASP.NET Web API, Windows 7, IIS 7.5, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, TypeScript, AngularJS, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012/2015, Fiddler, Oracle Database 12c, jQuery, Kendo UI, React.js (React / ReactJS), ReactJS.NET, Bootstrap, OAuth2, WCF, Web API, Powershell
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- Involved in requirements and specifications gathering for the project.
- Involved in decisions on architecture of application as well as design of database models and tables.
- Designing and developing the application back-end logic in C# using the ASP.NET MVC 4 framework.
- Designing the web-pages to be mobile and flexible for any screen resolution. Extensive use of the Bootstrap front-end framework.
- Used the Repository pattern for database access and Dependency Injection pattern in order for the application to be suitable for unit-testing.
- Made use of the Kaltura API to add metadata to video files. This included writing console applications that would make use of the API to add features such as description, tags and related files to the video files.
- Generated C# classes out of XSD files of various metadata formats of the Kaltura API, in order to update the video files with appropriate metadata from the database.
- Integrated the application with Zaption API to log the user into the Zaption web application as well as push updates such as change of name, email or password.
- Integrated with Facebook, Google and LinkedIn OAuth for users to login to the application with these accounts.
- Wrote unit-tests and Selenium tests to test out the functionality of the application during development.
- Made use of the Moq framework to create mocks for unit tests.
- Used NelNet - a PayPal-like payment system to let users subscribe to different video collections in the system, as well as other services.
- Used Pingdom API for site-monitoring and push updates to StatusPage.io to keep users informed about downtime, if any.
- Created an Administrator console with the extension use of the Kendo UI platform to allow the administrator to review and update information about different users. The admin console also allowed the admin to create group codes that users can use in lieu of payments. Different combinations of collections can be chosen for each group code generated.
Environment: and Tools - ASP.NET MVC 4, Windows 7, IIS 7.5, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, Fiddler, SQL Server 2012, Entity Framework 5.0.0, jQuery, Modernizr, AngularJS, Hibernating Rhinos, Moq Framework, Kendo UI, Bootstrap, OAuth2, Pingdom, StatusPage.io, NelNet
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle starting from requirements gathering, object oriented analysis, design, development, debugging and testing.
- Design of Class diagrams, Use cases and sequence diagrams in UML.
- Prepared Application low level Design Documents.
- Involved in design and developing Windows Forms using C#.
- Involved in developing a new feature for the Split control between different seats, which will provide the user control over the different functionalities depending on the zone they are in.
- All the web pages, user interface layers are created and integrated to maintain the performance of data flow and data integrity using ASP.NET User Controls and ADO.NET.
- Developed the business logic for the windows forms in C#.
- Developed various custom classes using C# and Object Oriented Programming.
- Worked on N-Tier design, development and deployment using Agile Methodology.
- Designed and developed complex stored procedures in SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in the business, data access and UI layers design and development and created detailed documentation and procedures around organizational infrastructure, defining standards and templates to ensure consistency.
- Exporting DataGrid to Excel Sheet and validating XML configuration files with XSLT.
- Connected and disconnected transactions were achieved through DataSet, DataReader and DataAdapter.
- Involved in unit testing, creating test cases and system integration testing.
- Involved in maintaining data quality and migrating data between all data sources.
- Involved in requirements gathering, Analysis, design and development of the project.
- Developed a few user controls and pages.
- Wrote stored procedures and functions using TSQL.
- Developing TSQL stored procedures, Functions, Packages and SQL scripts to facilitate the functionality for various modules.
- Used Entity Data Sources for data binding the grids and listviews.
- Used MATLAB to prototype the algorithms and also used the image acquisition toolbox for capturing video.
- Used frame-by-frame image processing of the videos before harnessing the information stored through the compression standards.
- Used an exponentially scene-forgetting algorithm and subtraction methods to detect changes in traffic.
- Used .mex files for better efficiency.
- Created a GUI for the administrator to get a clearer look at traffic from all sides and also be able to zoom in and out based on traffic build-up.
Environment: MATLAB, Windows XP, C#.NET, Visual Studio 2005.
Software Developer Intern
- Prototyped algorithms with MATLAB functions as well as scripts.
- Utilized OPENCV’s rich collection of libraries for basic image acquisition and manipulation.
- Converted MATLAB prototype functions and script code to C++ and deployed them as .mex files for more efficiency.
- Wrote the code-behind for the windows forms using C#.
- Implemented the system using a highly successful method called Eigenfaces.
- Used neural networks and other machine learning techniques to build intelligence into the system in order for it to automatically authenticate the user.
Environment: OpenCV, MATLAB, Windows Vista, Visual C++, C#.