- An opportunity to utilize real experience obtained through becoming a Lead Software Engineer/Application Architect professional by continuing to grow, strengthen capabilities and skill sets for any opportunity within the scope of the Information Technology field with desire to lead and manage the IT development department.
Computer Literacy: Windows NT/98/2000/XP, MKS Source Integrity 7.3, Microsoft Visual Source Safe 6.0, Microsoft Office, File Maker Pro, Internet, Excel, Microsoft Access, FoxPro, Microsoft Visio
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Plus 3.3, Structured Query Language, PL/SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL Query Analyzer, Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager, Quest Fog Light and Idera database Monitoring System.
Other: Agile software development, GMC third party PDF creation software and GMC Production Automation software
Senior Software Engineer
- Develop financial institution software to process, originate, archive, and reconcile all payments types to enable financial institutions to work more cost effectively through all payments types.
- Develop and architect database structure, middle tier and front end application for financial institutions usage using various technologies that include; the latest versions of Visual Studio C# and SQL Server.
- Consult with various product owners about current work load to provide clients with desired functionality based on system needs.
- Attend daily scrum meeting and biweekly group iteration meeting to discuss future tasks and schedule workload based on client needs.
- Maintain TFS with current information about current tasks, issues and user stories.
- Consult with QA testers and documentation specialists to make sure the user stories, task and issues are tested and documented correctly.
Lead Software Engineer
- Developed credit card processing backend and front end systems for use of ISOs and payment processing users.
- Developed credit card donation application for front end and backend processes for moving money between banks when customers donate money while making purchases from various terminals.
- Researched and designed databases and application for various credit card processing front end web applications and back credit card processing engines.
- Architect database, backend process, middle tiers and front end websites for various components to redesign the business for competing in the credit card processing market.
Senior Software Engineer/Web Application Developer
- Develop meeting based web application for over 700 clients using VB.NET, C#, and the current VB.NET 4.0 framework.
- Develop web services for transferring data from internal data to external client database.
- Use the entity framework to develop restful web services.
- Develop web application using Telerik third party controls to accomplish complex web application functionality.
- Use SQL server 2005 and 2008 to develop database and stored procedures using T-SQL.
- Modify internal libraries from common level, project level and web service level tier environment.
- Research how to set up App Fabric and use Windows Workflow Foundation and Windows Communication Foundation .
- Part of Architecture team that involved making critical design and technology selection decisions by highlighting the appropriate solution architectures, technologies, and Microsoft products for common scenarios, understanding the most important concepts needed for success by explaining the relevant patterns and prescribing the important practices, getting started with a proven code base by providing thoroughly tested software and source code that embodies the recommendationsUsed Agile software development and scrum to scheduling periodic releases and accurately estimate time need to accomplish tasks in the sprint.
Senior Software Engineer/Web Application Developer
- Develop and design company wide pricing engine including web service for clients to call and also developed and designed database structure.
- Part of Agile Software Development team for managing of software development projects, software maintenance teams, and general project/program management approach.
- Lead Database Swat team in order to optimize database server, database stored procedures, database indexes for all databases in the company.
- Part of company team called Geek Squad which made decisions on company technology decisions going forward.
- Developed ASP.NET Content Management module for creating PDF documents on the fly from print options selected by user.
- Develop web services that call third party application for creating on the fly pdf documents.
- Develop and support web based application in classic ASP for client (AT&T)
- Develop modify, and support SQL Server 2003 and 2005 databases.
- Develop and modify stored procedures for SQL Server 2003 and 2005 databases
- Develop, support, and modify (Visual Studio .Net, ASP, VB6, SQL Server,) web, win32, applications and database for mass printing and franchise advertising company.
- Supports project managers for client problems and for internal support of the website and database.
- Keeps database data normalized and accurate for client by running of scripts provided by client (AT&T).
- Develop and maintain American Cancer Society on demand printing application on a daily basis using VB.NET Team Edition 2003, 2005, 2008, VB6 and SQL Server Database to print, mail and email sensitive Clinical Trials, Donations, Receipts and cancer documents to external client.
- Interface with Krispy Kreme EDI for billing purpose using True Commerce EDI software.
- Create and maintain email order and shipment notification VB.NET service for sending email to client placing orders on websites.
- Create and maintain credit card processing engine using VB.NET secure web services and secure database structure for securing credit card information provide by customer through front end web site.
Software Engineer III
- Developed Web based insurance brokerage quoting system used by insurance companies that interfaced with SQL windows insurance application.
- Developed C# web applications and windows service for the brokerage system interface.
- Used AL3 coding standard to translate text files received from many of the insurance companies to insert, modify and expire policies for clients though an automated scheduled service and extracting system.
- Developed insurance system using SQL windows and developed backend stored procedures using Oracle database.
Software Engineer II
- Developed Web based application using VB.Net, ASP.NET and Macromedia Flash MX.
- Write web services using VB.Net for Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Developed windows based operating room application using SQL Windows programming language, VB.NET, and Flash MX along with development team of five members to meet company deadlines
- Leader of bug/enhancement meeting with responsibility of updating Excel spreadsheet to track all clients bugs and enhancements
- Developed SQL scripts for clients databases( included adding and modifying database tables)
- Write stored procedures and database functions to off load SQL to the database
- Researched and evaluated software and hardware to assist programming or to use as program platforms including Visual Studio and Gupta SQL Windows
- Created and maintained documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Created documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures
- Gathers feedback from design and technical staff on development needs
- Implements user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming( Gupta SQL Windows, VB.Net, ASP.net ) and scripting languages (SQL
- Converted designs and specifications into computer code using Gupta SQL Windows and Visual Studio.NET ( VB.NET and ASP.NET )
- Compiled code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process
- Created test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications
- Analyzed code to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Created and maintained documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications
- Provided technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs
- Revised program for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes
- Modified and maintained software programs written by others
- Consulted with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain client approval
- Analyzed, installed, and tested upgrades of externally developed application programs
- Made suggestions on creating technical standards for specific projects
- Consulted with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users to gather information about program intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems
- Designed or created program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users
- Designs and codes layouts for on screen user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems
- Coordinates with other programmers about program revisions
- Writes and maintains functional specifications
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support program
- Creates prototypes and functional specifications for software projects
- Configured and monitored print queues and printers
- Made 10-Base-T ethernet and cross-over cables
- Installed cables to network hubs and routers
- Processed daily, weekly, and monthly reports using Cobol based application
- Documented any bugs that occurred with system
- Worked with manager to keep system functioning properly
- Made tape backups off all data and application code daily
- Entered and verified a variety of health bills with production requirements
- Participated in office team to better improve office procedures and functions