- 6 years of total I.T. experience with over 6 years industry experience in application development in multi - tier and client/server environment utilizing relational and object oriented technologies (Object Oriented Design/Programming) using PowerBuilder and SQL with Sybase.
- Proven experience with structural development methodologies, such as SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Software prototyping and RAD (Rapid application Development) as well as agile development methodologies especially SCRUM.
- Proven ability to guide a complex development project throughout the project lifecycle (SDLC) from initial Requirement identification to Product Architecture/Design and into implementation, testing, maintenance and support.
- Hands on experience with developing applications with PowerBuilder tool
- Experienced in managing all the backend tasks from Analysis, Design, and Implementation to Maintenance
- Hands-on experience in writing Sybase ASE and SQL Server objects such as Tables, SQL Queries using Joins, Sub queries, views and Sequences, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Cursors, User Defined Functions(UDF’s) using T-SQL to encompass complex business logic and error handling
- Skilled in performing Disaster Recovery Planning and implementation by choosing the best Recovery model and Backup/Restore strategies
- Experienced in executing Database Performance Tuning
- Proficiency working with most of the industrial databases, SQL programming Sybase (T-SQL), SQL Server and Oracle(PL-SQL) as well as in utilizing 3 rd party SQL development
- Experienced with ERWIN, Rational Architect, Rational Clear Quest 188.8.131.52 and Power Designer tools
- Experienced in designing applications using UML (Unified Modeling Language) and MS VISIO tool
- Experienced in leading architectural review meetings, design meetings and JAD sessions
- Lead small teams of up to 5 people
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003/XP,UNIX, DOS
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, VB.NET, ASP.NET, C, VB6
Databases: SYBASE, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , ORACLE 7.x /8i/9i/10i
Web/Application Servers: EAServer, Tomcat, Microsoft IIS 4.0, ASP.Net
Development Tools: Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008 , PowerBuilder 6.0/8/10/11.5
Framework: .Net Framework 1.1/2.0/3.5, PFC
Office Tools: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project
Other Tools: ERWIN, Visual Source Safe 6.0, CVS, CLEAR CASE
Defect Tracking tools: Clear Quest
Scripting: VB.NET, ASP.NET, VB script, UNIX Shell Scripts, Java Script, Power Script
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Sr. Software Engineer
- Responsible for analyzing, detailed designing, developing and maintaining various modules of “Title & Appraisal Ordering System” and “Closing Management System”
- Participated in meetings to consolidate requirements from the business partner and the end user
- Lead effort in preliminary requirement analysis and logical database design and frontend design for both the systems
- Created high-level design document to depict functional and non-functional requirements
- Lead database design review meetings and modeling using ERWIN tool
- Used Data window Services, Window Services, and Menu Services, which are effectively used in the development of the application interface
- Used PFC(PowerBuilder Foundation Class) libraries extensively to develop the application
- Finalized physical database design and implemented database after careful consideration of various Database components(File Groups, Primary & Secondary Data Files and their physical storage), Scalability Planning and Normalization of the Database
- Lead design review meetings and discussed front end architecture and database model
- Developed SQL Queries using Sub Queries, Joins and Views using T-SQL
- Developed Sybase ASE objects such as Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, and UDFs (User Defined Functions) to encompass complex business logic and error handling
- Worked and achieved better performance on large tables using Linked Server and Partitioned Views
- Developed Disaster Recovery Plan to be used in case of unforeseen circumstances
- Responsible for Database Backup/Restore process and Recovery Model selection
- Implemented UNIX Shell scripts for batch processing.
- Accommodated changes in the database based on the requirements and incorporated enhancement logic
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the database
Environment: Intel Pentium, LINUX, Windows XP, PowerBuilder 11.5, Sybase, Transact SQL (T-SQL), Help desk system (To keep track of production support tickets), Borland Star Team (Version Control Sys)
Confidential, Bellingham, WA
- Responsible for analyzing, documenting, designing, implementing and testing the system
- Performed database analysis and design for the application
- Developed the system front end using PowerBuilder, Implemented Standard class Non-Visual Objects such as User Objects, Data Stores etc.
- Encompassed object oriented functionality using functions, events and Custom Class user objects
- Used PFC framework and extended functionality using PFE
- Based on database design, and front end design Implemented database schema objects such as Tables, Indexes, Views, using T-SQL
- Participated in the design review meetings and developed User Interface design
- Created UI for the designed modules using Visual Studio and made modifications to some of the existing screen to meet new requirements
- Wrote and maintained Stored Procedures and packages to enforce business rules, manipulate data and to fetch data into various reports on the front end
- Developed User Defined Functions, DML Triggers and DDL Triggers.
- Performed code walk-through, and performed refactoring to improve code at some places
- Created test cases and performed Unit Testing and System Testing
- Wrote technical documentation (business requirements, Requirement Specification document, technical design documents, user acceptance tests, risk and issue management sheets, minutes meetings)
Environment: Intel Pentium, LINUX, Windows XP, Citrix, Power Builder 10, Microsoft.net, ASP.net, Sybase, T-SQL, Clear Quest (defect tracking systems), HP Service Desk (system to keep track of production support tickets), visual SourceSafe
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Goal of the system was to meet specific requirements of new large client. System was developed using Sybase database and PowerBuilder.
- Responsible to enhance existing system functionality as well as to migrate to. NET and SQL Server 2000 and in corporate new functionality in the system
- Reviewed and interpreted new business requirements into further detailed technical functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyzed enhancements required in the existing system and determined how requirements will affect new or existing systems - impact analysis
- Designed how to implement requirements into new or existing systems, design enhancements
- Generated programming specifications for new or existing systems using UML using Object Oriented Approach
- Designed and developed SOA (service oriented architecture) for cross corporate integration with other systems.
- Developed code for new system and made enhancement to existing systems database with T-SQL
- Resolved the errors and bugs in the database
- Fine-tuned Procedures, Functions and Triggers to achieve optimum performance
- Performed Performance Tuning at Database level, T-SQL Query level and Operating System level using MS SQL Server
- Provided back-end support for functional testing and performance testing
- Participated in performing unit tests on new or existing systems department.
Environment: Intel Pentium, Windows XP, Power Builder 6.5/8, Microsoft.net, asp.net, Sybase, SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, Help desk system (system to keep track of production support tickets), Microsoft Team Foundation System (bug tracking tool, source control version). xPression Suite (3rd party Enterprise Printing Solution system).