Creative Software Engineer with 10+ years of experience coding and delivering applications from development to production. Strengths developing, C / C++ and C#.net Linux and UNIX with practical experience with embedded and application development. Created specifications, designs, and customer requirements along with documentation. Partnered on standards committees and familiar with all stages of the software development life - cycle. Works well autonomously or with team to deliver software solutions.
Languages: C#.net, C/C++, Java, PHP, Perl, ASP, ASP.net, Visual Basic, VBScript
Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, Intelli J, Eclipse, Paradigm C++, GNU C++, GNU Debugger, Embarcadero C++ Builder, MonoDevelop, Keil uVision, WindRiver Diab, LAMPP, Netbeans, Apache Web Server, IIS, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL,MS Office, X Windows, Mercurial, Perforce Version Control, Team Foundation Server / TFS, Microsoft Test Manager / MTM
Libraries: BSD Sockets, pthreads, Perl-CGI, Perl-DBI, Open-GL, MFC, Win32, Windows DDK
O/S: Linux, Embedded Linux, Embedded Free BSD, Windows, DOS
Confidential, Farmington hills, MI
- Development and Support of Automotive Diagnostic Visual Authoring Tools
- Development and Support of Licensing Website
- Write Unit Tests for PC Based and Web based apps
- Validate Solutions and Create Use Cases
- Create Test Cases and Regression Tests
- Windows Server / Oracle / SQL Server Database support
- Oracle Developer / SSMS and Remote Support
- C++ Application Development for Diagnostics.
- Java Application Development of Software Licensing Website
- CAN Data Communications & OBD Diagnostic Codes
- Development with multiple VMs
- Troubleshooting Debugging
- XML File Formats
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- C# Application Development of reporting solution
- IDS Automotive Diagnostic Software C++ Application.
- Integrate with SQL Server 2008 and MS Excel
- Automobile Module Programming
- CAN Protocol & Data Communications
- XML File Formats
Confidential, Perrysburg, OH
Computer Systems Engineer
- Developed internal software for Glass Bottle Manufacturing process. Projects included embedded systems for manufacturing and as well as PC Software for process control. Completed tasks which C#, PHP embedded C and C++ were used Microsoft Visual Studio, Netbeans, WindRiver Diab and Keil uVision embedded C Integrated Development Environments.
- Supported Windows Server IIS based product Machine Server, a modular system of integrated programs used for machine control. Version Control done with Perforce. Remote Technical Support of SQL Server Configuration databases.
- Created project requirements with technical staff, specifications and external project documentation.
- Performed technical support for plants and licensees of Fortune 500 Company.
- Training included Product training, Pathways to Leadership program, and Safety Training.
- Support of Software Set Management C# / SQL Server Website.
- PHP Website and SQL Server Development and Support of SEP Parts Database.
- Development of OI Cycle Visualizer graphical I/O tool C# Windows application.
- Remote support of Windows Server IIS Based Control Solutions.
- Language support including language change of Multi-Lingual Applications.
- Gob Weight Control for Windows C++ Application.
- Forming Embedded Systems / C Programming OSI / CS3 Section Control.
- Development and support of job editing software and machine control software.
- Visual Basic Development of MOC/JES, OI Job and Valve Control Software.
- Visual Basic Application development for Machine Server Modular control system.
Confidential, Chelsea, MI
- Developed customized PC Based Motion Controls and Development/Integration of embedded devices and Motion Controllers for CNC. This is an extension of the work I was doing at Ann Arbor Machine, since this is the division I was working for under new ownership. Attained Microsoft MFC 1011 Certification while working here.
- Contributed on C and C++ projects, creating project requirements with technical staff, as well as creating internal and external project documentation.
- Integration of Fanuc Logic CNC with homegrown CNC and EDM electronics.
- Convert Proprietary Fiber-optic communications to TCP/IP Communications
- Upgrade Drivers and Libraries to support new Fanuc hardware.
- Upgrade internal documentation of product.
- Install and utilize VPN's to aid in offsite debugging.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
Contract Software Developer
- Developed ProVision Enterprise Architecture Business modeling application, responsible for implementation new functionality as well as debug and software defect management.
- Certified in Confidential Provision BPA.
- Completed extensive C++ programming using Visual Studio 2008, Business Objects and COM objects, Source control with Source Off-Site (SOS) and Microsoft Visual Source Safe, and Mercury Quality Control Software for Defect Management. Code and debug business modelers and support modeling languages including UML.
- Development of Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise solutions.
- Interface with remote KE Server and WebSphere solutions.
- Solve defects; including X bit solutions for modeler interpretation.
Confidential, Chelsea, MI
- Created project requirements with technical staff, some machine setup, and computer repair on C and C++ projects. Created MySQL databases along with form -ased interface to track computer repairs.
- Development of customized PC Based Motion Controllers Utilizing C++, Open GL and MFC Display of Graphical data Statistics with real-time position readout.
- Created Custom COM clients and servers; Custom OPC Clients and interface with OPC Servers.
- Utilized multi-threading to efficiently perform calculations and communications protocols.
- Synchronization of Threads and Windows with Events, Mutex and Semaphore synchronization objects.
- Utilized the Pre-Processor to manage various product strains and customizations in source code.
- Integrate two PC Based CNC with C and C++ on the Windows Platform.
- Team Development of a CNC machine capable of milling three dimensional geometry at high speeds and on turbine blades and compensating for wear as well as tool path retrace.
- Created Operator Interface for machining Jet Turbine Blade Holes using Open GL and MFC, including Programmatic Conversion raw point to point data to accurate geometry size including tool sizes and wear.
- Integrated Computer Numerical Control System with existing proprietary interface via API calls to provide full motion circular and helical interpolation.
- Provided fully functional On Screen CNC Editor.
- Development of an Embedded C Real time Application for the DSTni x86 CPU that added TCP/IP and Serial communications including RS-232 and SPI to the Main EDM Controller on Free BSD OS with the Super Task Real time Kernel.
- Communications with dual ports, providing send receive queues, utilizing flow control methods to assure data integrity and delivery.
- Provided alternate methods of controller configuration through serial ports.
- Development of a Converter for Fiber-optic Arc Net to UDP with Embedded C and the TS-7260 kit utilizing an Embedded ARM9.
- Development systems were Debian Linux Boxes (Sarge and Woody) utilizing an NFS Drive to mount a cross compiler tool chain. The Multi-Threaded application ran on the Busy Box Kernel.
- Converted data to/from proprietary hardware on PC-104 and send/receive with Ethernet.
- Creation of Windows Driver for TCP/IP communications with custom protocol.
- Port IO was addressable via hardware memory.