- Senior Software Engineer specializing in full life cycle client / server development in the transportation and legal sectors.
- Drove ongoing software improvements, improved product quality to end users, boosted company revenue, and almost eliminated customer reported bugs by designing and developing new software components.
Systems: MS/Windows 10/7/Vista/XP,2000/98/95/Windows 3.x
Databases and Tools: Sybase SQL Anywhere, Oracle, MSSQL, Visual Studio .Net, LINQ, NHibernate, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Kdiff3, XML Notepad
Senior Software Engineer
- Supported and improved the full life cycle client / server development of OrbCAD, a blend of hardware and software fully integrating a computer-aided dispatch solution for public transit agencies using PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, VB.Net, C, C++, C#, .NET, MSSQL, and Oracle.
- Increased product value for the end user and generated substantial revenue for the firm by developing new software components and enhancing existing software.
- Guided the architecture and project management details to ensure process compliance.
- Contributed to all stages of designing, optimizing, and adding new features for new software releases.
- Enhanced an existing database schema with efficient database queries, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- Gathered user requirements, recommended software solutions, and designed, coded, and implemented customized client software solutions that improved software performance and user productivity.
- Led proposal efforts and presented analyses, tests, and software designs.
- Verified program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing, and program debugging.
- Developed complex OrbCAD software systems including design, coding, and testing. Analyzed software requirements to determine design feasibility within time and cost constraints. Participated in software requirement reviews and preliminary and critical design architecture. Assessed new features and tools.
- Engineered and system tested OrbCAD software, database releases, Crystal Reports, and other tools.
- Drove software change requests to improve final product quality.
- Collaborated with all team members by reviewing code prior to submission.
- Designed databases, wrote stored procedures, and embedded SQL using SQL Server.
- Used PowerBuilder, MS SQL SERVER 2008 R2, MS Visual Studio, C, C++, IBM Clear Quest, IBM Clear Case, Kdiff3, and XML Notepad.
Software Application Developer
- Maintained law firm software using Visual Basic, C#, .NET, PowerBuilder with Sybase SQL Anywhere, MSSQL and Oracle for a client base of several thousand law firms.
- Designed, coded, and implemented new software components, boosting the product value.
- Created customizable user defined intakes and case calendars.
- Implemented spellchecker, a legal holidays calendar, and more.
- Improved performance and user productivity by collecting user requirements and recommending updates.
- Developed efficient database queries, stored procedures, triggers, etc.