My objective is a continued career in information systems and support, focusing in software development. I want to be involved in all aspects of software development and its life cycle from research & development, customer support, application update and maintenance.
- I have been involved with software development in professional settings since July 2007 to present.
- I am currently working as a Senior Software Developer for Confidential Global, a position I held since March, 2010.
- I’m well prepared for mid to senior level positions as a Software Developer. I can work well with technical support and customer service as I have done for 7+ years. I am currently with the PD/PT and System to System teams at Confidential Global which facilitates electronic submission of grant and contract proposals to Confidential endpoints as well as tracking of these proposals. This position involves me with constant contact with the clients as well as working closely with the support team. I can fluently speak and write in two languages, English and Korean. I have taken a Spanish course in college.
- I am proficient in following computer languages through my on the job experiences
- I have taken college level courses onC, C++, PHP, Unix, Linux and Perl, System Analysis, System Implementation and Unified Modeling Language, Artificial Intelligence, COBOL, Networking, Microsoft Applications, IBM PC Assembly Language
Confidential, Albany NY
Senior Software Developer
- Confidential Global is a software development company that specializes in electronic research administration.
- Senior Developer of Proposal Development/Proposal Tracking modules and System to System support team
- Development, maintenance and support of Proposal Development/Proposal Tracking modules. The software facilitates electronic submission of grant and contract proposals to Confidential endpoints as well as tracking of these proposals. These modules are web based within client’s intranet or dedicated servers utilizing SSL for security. The modules are written in both Classic ASP and ASP.NET with newer projects written exclusively in ASP.NET (written in C# and VB.NET depending on the modules). The software has heavy emphasis on web services due to the ever change nature of government grant opportunities and their definitions.
- PD/PT modules follow the N-tier architecture while other teams within the company follow N-tier or MVC. We typically follow agile project management to keep up with the constantly changing nature of the software and client demands.
- Day to day tasks includes new development of the above PD/PT modules as well as fixing and identifying bugs, data conversions, legacy data support, and client support of our modules. For client support, we typically remote into their system through VPN to identify issues within their system.
- The modules support Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database Management.
- Was involved in several Classic ASP to ASP.NET conversion projects.
- One of the two lead developers of Yale University’s pre/post award budget system written in VB.NET utilizing ASP.NET Framework 4.0 and Telerik rad tools, AJAX and jQuery.
- Periodic training of junior/new developers.
Confidential, Amsterdam NY
- Confidential is one of the Confidential Corporation companies specializing in promotional products.
- Was one of the main C# Web Developers for Confidential, an E-commerce web site that averaged 2 million dollars a month in web site revenue (at the time of my employment) and its sister web sites.
- Development, maintenance and support of Confidential and its sister web sites.
- Day to day tasks included new development of these sites as well as fixing and identifying bugs,
- The sites were supported by Microsoft SQL Server.
- Developed customer survey module in C# deployed in various parts of the sites.
- Developed order status module in C#.
- Involved in localization projects for support of Spanish and French speaking countries.
- Installed and maintained 3rd party customer chat tools to the sites (LivePerson, Siemens).
- Installed and maintained 3rd party web analytic tools (Omniture’s SiteCatalyst and Test&Target).