- Over 7 years of Software Development experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Web and Client/Server applications
- Expertise in design and developing Client/Server N - Tier web Applications including UI, Business Access Layer and Data Access Layer
- Competence at Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Component Diagrams
- Experience in design, development of Win Forms and Web Forms using VB.Net, C#, and ADO.Net
- Experience in implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Hands on experience in implementing application architecture patterns like MVC, Dependency Injection
- Proficient with transactional database systems like SQL Server and Oracle
- Expertise in database programming including developing packages, writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Creating Tables, Views, Triggers and Indexes.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming and Design Patterns
- Experience in designing and developing reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports
- Good knowledge about Data Warehousing concepts and Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage
- Proficient with software lifecycle methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Waterfall model, lean methodologies, such as test driven development (TDD), and continuous deployment (CD)
- Experience with source code repositories such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Source Safe (VSS) and Clear Case
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Self-motivated and quick at learning new technologies and concepts
- Great team member with excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Programming languages: VB.NET, C#, C, C++, Java
.Net framework: 4.5/4.0/3.5/3.0/2.0
RDBMS: SQL SERVER 2008/2005/2000, Ms-Access
Application/Web Servers: MS IIS 4.0/5.0/6.0/7.0
IDE: Visual Studio.NET 2013/2010/2008/2005
Reporting: SSRS 2008/2005, Crystal Reports 8.0/8.5
Versioning Tools: Visual SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server
Clear Case: Data modeling tools Erwin 4.0, MS Visio 2003, Enterprise Architect
ETL Tools: SSIS, Informatica9.5.x, Data Stage
Senior Application Developer
- Designed and developed technical system design documentation using UML such as Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams
- Prepared screen mocks, Logical Data Model (LDM), Physical Data Model (PDM) as part of design deliverables of the system
- Broke down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Developed User Interfaces using ASP.net, VB.Net
- Implemented client and server validations ASP.Net using validation controls
- Used Master pages and CSS for uniformity though all the web pages
- Developed database objects such as stored procedures, functions and packages in Oracle
- Developed data access layer using ADO.Net components such as Data Adapter, Data Reader, Dataset to access SQL data source
- Generated explain plans to monitor performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency
- Developed complex reports, sub-reports using SSRS and integrated with web pages
- Supported client report requests by writing ad-hoc complex queries
- Implemented unit testing with NUnit
- Involved in Integration testing and Regression testing
- Developed build scripts
- Participated in formulating build process and migration activities
- Provided user training and production support
- Used Visual Source Safe for source code management
- Involved in configuring and deploying application and provided post-production support
- Participated in analysis, design, development and implementation phases
- Developed technical specifications as per the requirements gathered
- Prepared UML diagrams for the project
- Converted user requirements to technical specifications using MS Visio
- Update technical design documentation including diagrams, screens, database definitions, and architectural components
- Troubleshot production problems and fixing bugs
- Conducted peer code reviews and performed unit testing using NUnit
- Analyzed and resolved technical issues independently
- Created database objects such as tables, views, Packages, Stored Procedures, User Functions and Triggers
- Participated in improving performance using techniques like creating indexes, partitioning and query optimization.
- Supported Performance Testing team for Load Test
- Involved in creating daily, weekly, monthly transaction reports using Crystal Reports
- Developed batches for nightly generated reports
- Participated in Data Warehouse design and implementing mappings, workflows using transformations in Informatica PowerCenter.
- Involved in analysis, design, development and implementation phases
- Participated in technical documentation based on the requirements gathered
- Developed custom ad-hoc reports in SSRS and modified existing reports in Crystal Reports
- Converted Crystal Reports to SSRS reports and also batches that generate these reports
- Designed and developed SSRS sub reports
- Developed packages/stored procedures and functions for complex reports
- Implemented vb.net custom functions in reports for data formatting
- Developed batches to generate offline reports during off-peak hours
- Converted classic ASP (legacy) pages to .Net pages
- Used Dataset, Data Table, Data Adapter, Data Reader and other ADO.Net connectivity controls
Environment: ASP.Net, C#, Visual Studio 2010, UML, .Net Frame Work 3 .5, ADO.Net, IIS 7 .0, T-SQL, SQL Server 2008, Windows server 2008 and Visual SourceSafe 6.0, SSRS 2005, Crystal Reports 9, CSS, Classic ASP, VBScript, Visual Basic
- Responsible for working with System Architect in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and QA.
- Developed logical design specifications and physical design specifications based on the requirement specification document.
- Worked on tools like UML for creating ER Diagrams and use case diagrams using Microsoft Visio
- Database design and development of tables, views using SQL Server
- Translated functional documents into technical documents using Object Oriented Methodology including use cases for testing.
- Development to implemented business logic using C# & backend connectivity using ADO.NET
- Design and development of components using C# & ASP.NET Framework Classes.
- Batch Job execution using C#, ADO.NET with MS SQL Server 2005 as the database.
- Implemented Web Services using XML for integrating various information.
- Developed various stored procedures using SQL Server, TSQL
- Used Dataset and Data Adapter to manipulate data.
- Prepared use cases, test matrices and test data to support project plans.
- Interacting with the users and troubleshooting the problems involved with the development of stored procedures, triggers and problems related to the privileges
- Design and development of various reports using ASP.NET, MS Excel, MS Word
- Enhancements to the application by adding more functionality.
- Testing, implementation and maintenance.
Junior Web Developer
- Involved in complete analysis, design and development of the application using C#.NET, ADO.NET.
- Involved in SDLC starting from requirements gathering and performed object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) using UML.
- Developed Logical design specifications to describe system’s data control flow.
- Developed Physical design specifications based on logical design specifications.
- Followed SDLC, project management practices for cost effective solution that comply with Sarbanes- Oxley Act.
- Used Data Adapter, Data Command, Data Set, Data Table, Data Relations and constraints for database access.
- Extensively involved in designing and development of WinForms.
- Involved in creating Datasets from an XML file for data interaction
- Designed and developed the database using SQL Server 2000.
- Used ADO.NET to communicate the SQL Server 2000 database.
- Wrote complex Queries, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Involved in creating daily, weekly, monthly transaction reports using Crystal Reports.
- Developed windows forms for the most part of the application
- Designed, Developed and tested performance-oriented stored procedures for creating data files.
- Developed Winforms for the most part of the application.
- Prepared support documentation for all the activities undertaken at regular intervals for the project management review and update.
- Prepared UML class diagrams for the project.
- Conducted Analysis or Benefits and Costs (ABC) on several architectures to recommend suitable/cost effective/efficient system architecture.
Environment: C#, .Net framework 2.0, Visual Studio 2005, UML, TSQL, SQL Server 2000, Windows server 2003 and Visual Source Safe 6.0