I am a dynamic professional with over 15 years’ experience in Information Technology and software development, with 7 years in database development and analysis, 6 plus years in quality engineering software design. Extensive knowledge of Data Warehouse design and implementation; Working with OLTP and OLAP in Hospitality and Cinema Industries, small businesses and Non - Profit establishments. I am looking for a challenging position in Database development, analysis and solutions implementation including non-relational database like MongoDB, with a company that desires to innovate and to be at the cutting-edge of creativity. A vibrant agile company where my analytical, problem solving skills and years of application knowledge can be utilized. I also bring to the table, excellent work ethic, great communication skills and tools, and innovative ideas.
- Exceptional skills in database development and analysis using Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access.
- Highly experienced with cloud technology and hosting of IAAS, PAAS and SAAS using Microsoft Azure.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint for development, reporting and analysis
- Great knowledge of Database Analysis and dashboard reporting tools like Power BI, QlikView and Tableau.
- Database Analysis and reporting using power pivot and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel.
- About 2 years of managerial skills with several years in a supervisory role.
- Experienced with C# programming and debugging, refactoring using ReSharper, NCrunch for test analysis, GIT and TFS.
- Writing Coded UI tests using C# and testing using Fitnesse.
- Experienced with a host of other UI testing tools including TestComplete, Coded UI, Fitnesse, HP UFT and Non-UI testing and API testing tools like NUnit, Junit, SoapUI.
- Highly Proficient in executing and managing all data analyst responsibilities such as database design, installation, Configuration and using T-SQL, writing and developing complex SQL queries for dash board reporting and decision making.
- Strong skills with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies such as Agile and Scrum.
- SQL Server 7 years, Excel 17 years, Access 5 years, project management 12 years, Data Analysis 7 years, software development and quality engineering 6 years.
- Experienced with Python and CRAN R as it relates to Data Science.
DATABASE: MS SQL SERVER 2012/2014/2016, Azure, MySQL, NoSQL (Mongo DB), MS Access, MS Excel, Power BI, SSIS/ETL, PostGRE SQL, Erwin Data Modeler.
OPERATING S YSTEM / WEB S ERVER: Windows, Mac, Linux / IIS, Apache
CLOUD COMPUTING: Microsoft Azure
A PPLICATIONS: Microsoft Visual Studio, Power BI, QlikView, Tableau, MS Business intelligence/Data Tools (SSIS ETL), Talend ETL, MySQL Workbench, PhPMyAdmin, SharePoint Developer, Dreamweaver, Agile Development
COLLABORATION TOOLS: Atlassian Jira and Confluence, Slack, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and outlook), MS Visio, Microsoft SharePoint
Confidential, ALPHARETTA, GA
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER / ENGINEER
- Database and data warehouse design, development and business intelligence design using Microsoft SQL server 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
- Building enterprise level data integration and data transformation solutions in Visual Studio.
- Building complex data collection (extraction), transformation and loading scenarios (ETL).
- Dashboard reporting for movie theatres and site managers using Power BI
- Using entity Framework to implement and run embedded SQL queries with our enterprise solution.
- Using GIT and Source Tree as the GIT client to check in changes and pull new codes.
- As part of my numerous Innovation projects, introduced Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Coded UI to the product and to the Team
- Lead engineer during the implementation and migration of test environments to the cloud using Microsoft Azure.
- Implemented development environment and Test environment with Microsoft Azure
- Created and Implemented SSIS applications to transform and create upload files to third-party clients and their Home Offices
- Reported development metrics in TFS through Microsoft Power BI to stake holders.
- Created Dashboards for KPI metric and sales data reports in Microsoft Power BI for clients
- SharePoint developer and administrator for the Cinema LOB.
- Developed and created SharePoint reports and WebParts using SharePoint Designer.
- Writing Queries for Mongo DB, for data aggression on the enterprise solution.
- Creating JSON files using customized Web APIs and feeding them into Mongo DB through API calls from the server.
- Transforming SQL records into XML transaction files using SSIS and SSIS jobs, triggers and alerts to export to Home Office on nightly bases.
- Created SSIS packages within the Legacy Enterprise solution (Cinema HQ) to create weekly CSV files that are transmitted to Movie studios for settlement and Payments.
- Experienced with using NCrunch for unit testing and test-code coverage within visual studio.
- Using JetBrains ReSharper for refactoring, code quality analysis, warnings and suggestions.
Confidential, CUMMING, GA.
DATA WAREHOUSE CONSULTANT
- Creating ETL process using SSIS to convert legacy client database to Native Microsoft SQL Server Database.
- Designing and implementing granularity into existing and new Data Warehouse design.
- Creating indexes and index views and data lineage in Data warehouse
- Developing and writing T-SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures,
- Analyzing existing client’s data to determine what new reporting or insight may be useful for them, using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Power BI.
- Creating and implementation of a viable tabular reporting solution using SSRS and/Microsoft Power BI.
- Creation and conversion of existing normalized database to a denormalized data warehouse using either star or snowflakes schema and OLAP cube report using SSAS.
- Helping clients to administer and manage data and reporting security within MSSQL Server and SSRS.
- Creating database and data warehouse schemas using Erwin data modeler
- Developing Tablix and Matric report using Report builder and publishing to SSRS.
- Query optimization and troubleshooting using SQL profiler
- Using Microsoft Excel, power point and Access to extract and analyze data, creating relevant user-friendly report and presentations for clients.
- Creation, migration and maintenance of jobs to run several processes including nightly backup of databases at client sites.
- Planned, Coordinated and administered database systems, including base definitions, structures, documentation and requirements, setting operational guidelines and access within the database management system (DBMS).
- Successfully upgrade multiple databases and performance tuning, maintenance and training for continuous operation
- Teaching students how to use SSAS in creating cubes, data sources, views, named queries, dimension and deploying of analysis service project in SQL Servers
- Training and building their understanding on Core Database Concepts, Creating Database Objects, Manipulating Data, Data Storage, and Administering a Database to prepare them for Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-364
- Teaching students on how to write basic Transact-SQL queries and working with database objects, understand data languages, DML, DDL, DCL and TCL.
- Explaining Hadoop and its eco system including Spark, Hive, Pig and Oozie.
Confidential, MABLETON, GA
IT DIRECTOR / DATABASE ANALYST (VOLUNTEER)
- Created the organization’s website using HTML5 and PHP with MySQL database.
- I have a supervisory role of reviewing, managing, updating and making changes to the website when requested.
- Organizing continuing education training for other volunteers in all the technical areas of the organization.
- Creating and generating reports from MySQL database for all community activities organized.
- Maintained SQL Scripts and store procedures for creation of Database Objects
- Managed database security and roles for the organization in both MSSQL Server and MySQL Database.
- Converted all legacy data from heterogeneous database (DB2, MySQL, MS Access, Text files and Excel files) to SQL Server using SSIS (Data Tools Business Intelligence)
- Created MSSQL Server Jobs to perform weekly backup of the organization’s data using scheduled SSIS packages
- Created a Reporting Server (SSRS) to store all created reports and managed the access rights with SSRS.
- Created jobs for ETL and transmission of CSV files to the North America Headquarter of the organization (RCCGNA)
- Enhanced database performance, performed restores, implemented recovery procedures and handled performance tuning.
- Conducted database management, performance measurement and performance tuning and query optimization using SQL profiler, SQL analyzer.
- Developed T-SQL query optimization and ETL strategies.
Confidential Alpharetta GA
QUALITY ENGINEER II
- Created functional Requirements and Design Documents for Developers and project Managers.
- Directly responsible for the payment application certification (PADSS) with credit hosts for VISA, Mastercard, Discover and Amex.
- Implemented automated deployment of product increment (PI) at the end of the scrum cycle, to client sites.
- Created API documentation for third party online merchants like Movieticket.com, fandango.com
- Worked with Product owners on Epics and Stories, estimating story points and efforts.
- Responsible for writing release notes at the end of every release
- Wrote stored procedures and script for SQL data migration and System upgrades
- Create SQL server jobs, triggers and alerts managed by SQL Server Agent
- Configured SQL Server Reporting services and wrote Enterprise level reports for using Active reports and SQL Server Report Builder
- Developed Behavior driven design test plans using Gherkin format within Visual studio and integrated those tests with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Developed and Wrote Coded UI tests using C# in Microsoft Test Professional, Test Complete, and Fitnesse
- Running SQL profiler to debug issues with slow query and data optimization with Management Studio (SSMS)
Confidential, Alpharetta GA
- Managed a Four-man team with resources in both the U.S and Hyderabad, India.
- Primary goal was to help the support team meet Service Level Agreement on more difficult issues.
- Secondary goal was to find trends and correlation in support cases and issues and offer timely solutions.
- Using Microsoft Visual Studio IDE to debug both C# and VB codes and checking in codes to Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Created excel report on issues and performed analysis on application reports using Pivot tables.
- Fixed field issues related to bad or defective queries, stored procedures and functions in MSSQL Server.
- Created and fixed T-SQL Jobs, triggers and alert with the theatre enterprise solution.
- Installed and Implemented SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) at client site and fixed active reports.
- Query optimization, tuning and debugging using SQL profiler
- Performed system installation and Upgrades
- Created jobs at client sites for SQL Server database maintenance including re-indexing of tables.
- Responsible for training new hires for both support and QAs on both the site level application and the Enterprise applications.
- Received company’s best employee award with a 98% excellence rating for the year and overall support personnel of the year, two years in row.
Confidential, ALPHARETTA, GA
- Supported the DSL line of products
- Supported dialup internet on windows OS