- Senior Software Developer and team lead with Master’s degree in software design and 20 years of experience in various software - development projects. Expert through the entire software development life cycle: requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, debugging, integration, documentation, installation, and maintenance. Ability to design and implement a wide range of quality products and provide software design recommendations and alternations. Experience in object oriented programming, client/server applications, mobile device development, multithreading, networking protocols, process simulation, data structures, algorithms, configuration management, analytical and problem solving skills, CMMI Process Improvement, and Agile development methodology with Scrum.
- Software team Lead to manage the project software development life cycle (SDLC) and write technical reports.
- In depth knowledge of C#, VC++, VB, C/C++, WinForms, MVC, MFC, STL, ATL, COM, UML, OOP, OOAD, and .NET Framework.
- Experience with Multithreading, Synchronization, and Concurrent Programming.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of data and object Serialization/Deserialization techniques.
- In depth knowledge of Network Protocols including OSI, TCP/IP, SDLC, VMF, Sockets, and Serial communication: RS232, RS422.
- Experience with Interface Implementation of Subsystems using Interface Control Document (ICD).
- Experience with Software Process Simulation and Modeling.
- Using Team Foundation Server 2013 (TFS) platform to effectively manage software development projects throughout the IT lifecycle.
- Knowledge of mobile application development using Android, Gradle, and IntelliJ/Eclipse/Android Studio development tools.
- Knowledge of Windows Mobile device development using Visual Studio, MFC, VC++, OLEDB, and SSMS.
- Experience in Java, Java Applets, AWT, SWT, Swing, and RMI for distributed systems.
- Relational Database Programming using MS-Access, SQL Server, SQLite, OLEDB, and SSMS.
- Experience in Configuration Management Systems, Revision Control, TFS, SourceSafe, Rational ClearCase, SourceGear, Git, CVS, and Subversion.
- Perl, and C Shell Scripting, TCL, ML, Scheme, and Assembly.
- Knowledge of CMMI standards measuring maturity of software development processes.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology to provide continuous process improvement, and encourages rapid and flexible response to change.
- Experience in running experiments using ns-2 simulator, Emulab testbed, and PlanetLab nodes.
- Research using cascaded TCP connections to improve network performance and congestion control.
- Research to improve End-to-End TCP Throughput via Pipeline Parallelism.
- Research to enhance data transmission for real time applications using QoS, TC, DiffServ, IPtables.
- Experience in Embedded software development using AVR Studio.
- Knowledge of Encryption protocols, cyber security, ACLs, and IDS/IPS .
- Large scale software design, implementation, upgrading, maintenance, testing, and debugging.
- Unix/Solaris, Linux, BSD, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Visual Studio/.NET Framework.
- Microsoft Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Access/MS Project).
Senior Software Developer
Confidential, Mt. Arlington, NJ
- Using Java for Android, Gradle, and IntelliJ/Eclipse/Android Studio IDE tools, developed an Android application for Confidential (Lightweight Handheld Mortar Ballistic Computer ) program to calculate Mortars Ballistic solutions. SQLite is used for the application database. The Confidential application is a multithreading application to optimize the application performance and efficiency. The application is capable of communicating with the other components of the system using Serial, TCP/IP, and UDP communications. The application user interface uses activities, fragments, material design, layouts, menus, dialogs, input controls, action bars, notifications, toasts, scrolling, and styles and themes. The application supports multiple screen sizes.
- Using VC++ and MFC, maintained and enhanced functionalities for Confidential software V5.0 that runs on Windows Mobile devices. The Confidential software calculates accurate ballistic solutions for all current mortar cartridges. The Confidential provides capabilities for different mission types, ammunition management, UTM/MGRS coordinate systems, MET data, Sheaf adjustment, FSCM (Fire Support Coordination Measures), global positioning system (GPS) interface, and digital communications (VMF).
- Using TFS, SharePoint, and DOORS to manage Confidential software development lifecycle, including defects tracking, and requirements and design documentations updates.
- Using C#, developed Downloader application that enables the operator to transfer the Confidential installation software from a CD on the MSD (Maintenance Service Device) computer to the SD card on the Confidential RPDA. The Downloader has the capability to communicate with all used platforms for Confidential system.
- Using C#, Visual Studio, and .NET framework; implemented simulation application for the Fox CBRN sensors (GPS, M88, MET. MM1, RADIAC, ANAV, M21). The simulation application interfaces with the CPG and MICAD (Multipurpose Integrated Chemical Agent Detector) systems using RS232/RS422 and Ethernet protocols. The application implements the interface protocol for each sensor to communicate with the CPG and MICAD systems. The CPG and MICAD systems are DoD integrated network systems to transmit Chemical, Biological, Radiation and Nuclear information and detects any alarms.
- Using C#, Visual Studio, and .NET framework; supported multi environments usage for the FOX CBRN simulation application.
- Using Android development, implemented Java simulation application on Eclipse IDE for the Fox CBRN sensors that detect and transfer CBRN agent alarm status to the display control device. The application implemented the GUI for each CBRN sensor. The application UI uses activities, fragments, different layouts, menus, dialogs, input controls, action bars, notifications, toasts, scrolling, and styles and themes. The application supports multiple screen sizes. The application communicates with the other system components using serial and Ethernet communication protocols. The application is a multithreading to run data-intensive operations in the background without hindering the UI thread response time.
- Using ASP.NET, VB, SQL Server management studio, and Source Gear for source control; implemented a government asset web site that provides Asset's assignment, transfer, approvals, and termination features available to users based on their role's assignment.
- Wrote user guides and test procedures for the FOX CBRN simulation application.
- Using C, implemented embedded software using AVR Studio to program smart sensor testing caps. The sensor testing cap emulates the FOX CBRN sensors. It is used as a diagnostic and training tool and to replace the CBRN sensors during failures and unavailability.
- Using C, Updated Data Interface Adapter embedded software to auto-configure connected sensors, broadcast network data, and provide any error messages.
- Using Visual C++ and MFC, implemented Auto Programming application to flash MICAD embedded system. Serial communication was used to transfer data between the application and the embedded system.
- Using Visual C++ and MFC, added Optimization to Auto Programming application to speed up flashing, using concurrent flashing and sustain any hardware or software failure.
- Performed Government Acceptance Test (GAT) for the MICAD system.
- Performed Configuration Management (CM) and Data management (DM) activities.
- Created and maintained WBS document, project meeting minutes, action items, and project reports.
- Performed project team management that includes coordinating schedules, assign tasks to members, and administrative efforts.
- Supervised and Monitored project team activities.
Confidential, Hoboken, NJ
- Using C++, conducted research to study the effect of cascaded TCP connections on network performance and congestion control.
- Using C++, conducted research and implemented protocol to improve End-to-End TCP Throughput via Pipeline Parallelism.
- Using C++, conducted research and implemented procedures to use jumbo frames in Internet core.
- Implemented experiments to evaluate cascaded TCP connections using ns-2 simulator, Emulab testbed, and PlanetLab nodes.
- Evaluated and coached students.
- Lectured, graded homework and projects, and proctored examinations for C/C++, Java, Compiler, and Operating Systems courses.
Confidential, Northvale, NJ
- Maintained configurations for CSP and MSP Cantata switches.
- Configured switch line cards (IPN2, DSP2, T1-ONE, SS7, and ISDN).
- Tested Webconfig GUI tool that initializes and updates switch configurations.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- Conducted research to enhance wireless data transmission for real time applications using QoS, TC, DiffServ, IPtables, RED.
- Using C, implemented Hierarchal Token Bucket (HTB) Queuing Discipline to classify, control, and guarantee rates of different traffic flows.
- Tested real time applications using VIC, RAT, SDR, netperf, iperf, and mgen.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Performed complete engineering cycle from software specification and project proposal to architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- Quickly picked up concepts in ATE (such as test specification, dc & parametric measurements, measurement accuracy, tester hardware, calibration, and other)
- Using C++, fully designed and implemented Clock Manager Coherency Project. The Clock Manager calculates frequencies for Analog and Digital instruments, and maintains the coherency between them.
- Using C++, designed and implemented new GUI display features for a proprietary hardware bus used on both the Confidential Catalyst and Tiger Testers.
- Using C++, upgraded hardware initialization processes to be configurable with various mixed signal equipment’s.
- Coordinated the execution and design verification of Mixed Signal Testers.
- Mentored other employees.
- Using Visual C++ and MFC, maintained, upgraded and tested Confidential (Optical Character Recognition) applications.
- Using Visual C++ and MFC, maintained, upgraded and tested Arabdox applications. ArabDox is an Arabic/English/French Document Management System that offers an integrated solution to manage increasing amounts of non-structured information in documents.
- Tested E-Portal application. E-Portal is a solution to improve the education methodology. It manages and integrates the school information system.