Databases: MS SQL Server (6.5, 7.0, 2000-2008), MS Access (1.1-2007), Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
OS: MS Windows 3.11 - 7, Windows Server NT 4, 200-2008, LINUX, UNIX Solaris
Packaged tools: Farpoint Toolbox, Telerik ASP .net /Ajax controls, Telerik Silverlight controls, Telerik Open Access, Erwin, Confidential, Clear Case, Visual Source Safe
- Java fundamentals
- Java J2EE, JSP
- Apache WEB server
- Oracle DB Design
- Oracle PL/SQL, stored procedures, packages
- MVC 4.0, 4.5 training
- MS VB .net MCP completed
- Agile development & project management
- Object oriented analysis and design
- UML design
- MS SQL Server 7, 2000, 2005 DBA courses
- MCSE training
- MS SQL Server 6.5 DBA
- MS Database Design
- Actuate reporting
- Confidential project to re-write a travel agency web site.
- Web sites for several small retail businesses.
- Redesign/rewrite of the DB and back end systems to support the merger of 3 groups of nursing homes.
- Java J2EE, JSP, Oracle 11g, WEB Services, Kendo UI
- Creation of a web site to track industrial health and safety hazards, mitigation, personal protective equipmentSite surveys and training.
- Some exposure to Dojo library, Java J2EE, JSP, JDBC, Oracle 11g LINQ, ACH, Exec-983, SWIFT message formatting.
Confidential, Berkeley, CA
Computer Software Engineer (.Net & Java)
- Using Agile or SDLC/water fall methods; maintenance of Oracle 8i-11g, SQL Server 2008 database, Visual Basic/VBA Access, Crystal reports systems.
- Tech lead for the projects re-designing/writing several of the existing VBA and VB6 client server systems to be web based using OOAD, SDLC, C#, ASP .net 3.5/4.0, SOAP, JSON, AJAX, JQuery, Silverlight/XAML/WCF, LINQ, Expression Blend, MVVM, Telerik Controls suite, SQL Server 2005, DB design, TSQL, indexes, triggers, stored procedures, functions, OLTP, SSIS packages, SSRS reports, Oracle 11g, DB design, triggers, stored procedures, packages, PL/SQL and Actuate 9,10 admin and reporting.
- SOA, Microsoft Design Patterns. Radiation Exposure Management / Dosimetry data capture and reporting systems; Procedures management training system; Ergonomics data capture, equipment/change tracking and reporting system.
- Coding for Department of Energy DOELAP and 10 CFR 835 regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Maintenance of existing Java applications, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL for radioactive materials inventory and nuclear fraction reporting.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Contract Developer part time - (PHP & .Net Developer)
- Contact management, Job training and employment referral, check request, time recording, order tracking systems.
- I worked on this project alone - from gathering requirements to post installations support. OOAD, Confidential, XAML, Web Forms, SQL Server 2005/2008, db design, triggers, stored procedures ASP.net 2.0, Java Script, C# .net 3.5-4.5, Visual Studio 2005.
- Maintain MS business server based network and 20 workstations.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Taproot Foundation Volunteer
- VB .net, Win Forms system for the conversion of a custom MS Access database with Donor / Donation accounting information to a Confidential database system
Confidential, Oakland, Ca
Contract Web Developer - (PHP & .Net Developer)
- UI design, DB design and programming to build a commercial advertising web site.
- Originally HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Linux, ZEND development environment.
- The site/system was rewritten using Agile methodology in ASP.net 2.0, Web Forms, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005, and DB design, stored procedures, triggers, SSRS reporting.
- I developed this site alone, it allowed advertisers to register, create and edit ads. Includes provisions for management to approve Ads prior to posting, automated billing, including emailing invoices.
Confidential, San Francisco & Concord, Ca
Consultant - Applications Programming (Java Developer)
- This web based product to allow customers to originate domestic and foreign exchange wires, drafts and ACH transactions.
- J2EE, OOAD, Oracle 8i, Jrun, JBuilder 8, Clear Case, EJB, JSP and Servelets, Clear Case, Toad, XML, BofA Exec-983, FedWire, NACHA, SWIFT messaging, Sharepoint 2000.
- Member of a team of 7 doing SDLC maintenance on the presentation layer of the product.
- The development environment is Windows 2000, Jrun, and Java. The product is deployed on multiple Solaris UNIX servers.
Systems Engineer (Java Developer)
- The FXWD Admin Tool is an intranet based application for system, customer setup and maintenance for the FX wires and drafts and Bulk FX systems.
- J2EE OOP, EJB, XML, Oracle 8i, PL-SQL, Stored procedures, JDBC, Jrun, JBuilder 6 & 8, JSP, Clear Case, TOAD, Crystal reports.
- I was the sole developer on this project until 10/2002 when three contractors were hired for continuing maintenance of the system. From that point on I helped manage their work in addition to my other development tasks.
- Managed 9 releases over a 13 month period, usually working on different SDLC phases of multiple releases at the same time; while maintaining 99.5% availability on the production system.
Consulting Systems Engineer (.Net Developer)
- This PC based system does customer account reporting, check and draft image display from a Tandem back office system.
- Real time download, reporting and analysis of account balance and check, draft and wire status.
- As a member of a 4 person team, I participated in all SDLC phases of the project from requirements through final rollout to production.
- Two versions of the product were created, one MS Access for smaller customers and one in SQL Server for larger customers.
- SQL Server 2000,OLTP/OLAP, ADO, Visual Basic 6.0, Win Forms, Confidential, Erwin, Crystal Reports, MS Access.
- I did all database design for the new release.
- I participated in the UI design, evaluated and chose third party controls to be used in the release.
- Worked closely with the QA and product team to meet the due date for the project.
- Concurrent work on Confidential 2.0 system re-write
Consulting Systems Engineer (VB & C++ Developer)
- This system did the database conversion and software update for the Confidential PC based wire and draft initiation system.
- I worked on the database conversion portion of this project from requirements to final rollout to production units alone. I worked with one other developer on the Install shield installer.
- MS Access, MS SQL server 7.0, 2000, ADO, ODBC, Erwin, Visual Basic 6.0 OOP, Win Forms, Install shield, Confidential version control
- I took a series of custom VBA applications and macros that did the version update / conversion process for each version of the Confidential product; a process that was taking several hours and required an on-site visit by a bank representative, and converted it to a single VB 6.0, ADO application that was mailed to the customer site and did the same thing in 30 minutes or less without a bank representative visit.
- The new system saved the bank over $1 million during the next release rollout and the release was complete within 2 months instead of the 6 months it had been taking.