- A dynamic Software Development Manager with 10+ years of professional experience allied with an academic background in business administration and computer sciences.
- Able to manage and lead a team of engineers in the design, development, test, and deployment of required processes.
- Capable of developing high - scale, real-time systems along with strong technical proficiency and excellent project management abilities.
- Adept at delivering against project plans and program commitments and reporting on project tracking, quality metrics, operational standards, and system performance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Software Development
- Client Management
- Training & Supervision
- Project Management
- Product Development
- Communication Skills
- Information Technology
- Process Improvement
- Interpersonal Skills
- Microsoft ASP.NET
- Oracle (8i & 11i)
- SQL Server
Confidential, Moorestown, NJ
Software Development Manager
- Manage 12 developers including four SQL database administrators for a credit card processing company in an Agile/Scrum environment with the object of creating and executing software project plans to meet ever changing requirements utilizing TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Lead developers in translation of the website to accommodate international users across a host of languages using C# .NET.
- Lead developers and DBAs in converting data from a third-party vendor (EDS) to an in-house mainframe billing and payment system using SQL scripts.
- Lead team in the generation of XML files to bulk load data to the in-house billing and payment system.
- Lead developers in creation of credit card rewards system in C#.NET.
- Lead developers and DBAs in the generation of a rates page to handle all credit cards (AMEX, Discover, VISA and Mastercard) allowing internal users to add rates, fees and base costs.
- Lead developers and DBAs in converting database information from American Express One Point to American Express OptBlue through webservice and SQL scripts.
- Lead role in the creation of API calls to allow partners to send data directly to the SQL database.
- Lead role in the creation of a bulk processing API call to allow partners to bulk upload information to the SQL database.
- Lead role in the maintenance and enhancement of the database and website to improve user experience.
- Serve a key role in optimizing performance of existing website through application development, enhancement, and reduction of time taken for page loads by 12 seconds.
- Implement processes to ensure the company would become a full credit card acquirer; chairing meetings to define specifications and review before being sent on to third-party vendors.
- Oversee the monitoring of project plans to ensure accurate prioritization and the identification of resource inefficiencies.
- Contribute to the definition of the business strategy by collaborating with other roles and functions (e.g. Project and Product Management, Quality Control and Support) across the organization, receiving positive feedback on all interactions.
- Built a development team that embraces a culture of innovation and excellence, through strong leadership, effective coaching, continuous performance management, and recruitment of the best people.
- Account for the resolution of escalated issues while continuously analyzing and assessing project risk.
- Administer cross-training for developers both in-person and through online courses.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with a continuous focus on professional and personal development.
- Ensure that all projects follow the SDLC process from development to production.
Confidential, Cherry Hill, NJ
Systems Development Manager II
- Managed five off-shore developers across all facets of training, development, and progression.
- Collaborated with individual developers to track status and progress on a weekly basis.
- Adjusted completion dates and milestones to align specification configuration.
- Responsible for the evaluation, development, enhancement, and maintenance of multiple Health and Welfare site for on-shore clients, including; site development with sensitive data, collaboration with business analysts, and no greater than a three-day turnaround to resolve defects following quality assurance testing.
- Worked with project managers, end users and business analysts to improve the client’s websites to meet deadlines.
- Worked with DBAs to convert data during merge to EDS
- Utilized technical expertise within JAVA, JSP, VB.NET, ASP.NET, XML, and HTML for on and off-shore clients as well as environments such as Oracle 11i and SQL Server (2000, 2005 & 2008).
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Developed, designed, unit tested and performed integration testing of the functional modules as part of the Amtrust system.
- Transitioned to a JAVA platform to work on various in-house websites.
- Create test cases, perform defect analysis and worked on defects on the existing batch and online system.
- Actively participated with the team to discuss technical or design ideas during project development process.
- Project environment included JAVA, COBOL 2, DB2, CICS and JCL.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support and resolved technical issues.