Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Cisco IOS.
Tools: Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Team Foundation Server, Git, Jira, Target Process, Eclipse, IAR Embedded Workbench, ClearCase, PerForce.
Technologies: .Net Framework, WCF, WPF, WiX Toolset, MFC, J2EE, ATL, COM, STL, USB, HTML, CSS, HTTP, Audio/Video Compression, CryptoAPI, DirectShow.
Domain Experience: Imaging and Video, Windows Internals, Cisco Networking, Embedded Systems, Computer Monitoring, Agile/Scrum.
Lead Software Engineer, Melbourne, FL
- ASP.Net Applications: Designed and implemented a multi - page configuration application for a server appliance. Performed all user interface design, ASP.Net coding and browser-side scripting. Utilized ASP.Net 4, jQuery, jQueryUI, and Linq for SQL.
- .Net WinForms Applications: Wrote simulation application software for the simulation of other system components. Worked with Systems Engineers and third parties to define and characterize interfaces between systems. Implemented a COM Interop interface to enable script-based automation.
- .Net WCF Services: Wrote GPS Server application in WCF for caching and managing GPS asset tracking data received from trains. Built a one-to-many Inter-process Communication (IPC) subsystem for general messaging between applications both remotely and locally.
- WPF Applications: Crafted utility applications for testing and troubleshooting inter-process messaging between clients and reporting server status.
- Multi-threaded Server Applications: Designed and implemented a multi-threaded, socket-based server application for commuter train scheduling using .Net Framework 4.5 and SQL Server 2014. Wrote installer software using WiX Toolset.
- C++ Development: Performed system maintenance on legacy SCADA system software. Wrote and maintained railroad track layout software tools for a Positive Train Control system utilizing modern C++, the Standard C++ Library, and Boost.
- MFC Applications: Designed and implemented a performance benchmarking application to verify overall inter-process communications system performance.
Senior Software Engineer, Vero Beach, FL
- Responsible for maintaining and writing new features for the Windows agent - the monitoring and data collection component of the system.
- Used extensive knowledge of Windows API hooking, Win32 API, Windows internals, and advanced debugging.
- Reverse-engineered third-party applications and extended the products monitoring capabilities.
- Maintained and extended several multi-threaded server applications for the collection of monitoring data and enterprise control of monitoring agents.
- .Net Applications: Performed feature development for front-end applications that control monitoring agents and viewing captured data.
- Applications were written with .Net Windows Forms in C#.
Software Engineering Consultant, Windham, NH
- Completed several projects providing USB capability to clients peripheral devices. Wrote embedded peripheral device firmware on ARM, Blackfin, Intel 8051, and Atmel AVR. Wrote Windows WDM and Mentor Graphics Nucleus USB device drivers. Provided device abstraction libraries in C and C++ to enable application integration.
- Designed and implemented video and audio transcoding module for converting various forms of Web-based video into streaming formats compatible with mobile devices (3GPP, Windows Mobile, iPhone, etc). Wrote MFC applications for another clients Windows CE based system.
- Provided expert witness testimony, written opinions, and consultation for a patent infringement lawsuit in the field of imaging and software engineering as it relates to scanning systems. Reviewed and evaluated patents for prospective licensing deals for another client. Provided technical assessment and recommendations as to overall patent quality.
- Built and enhanced C++, MFC applications for several clients. These included an application for producing custom ICC color profiles, an application for ID card reading, a non-linear video editing solution, and an x-ray scanning and visualization application.
- Implemented components to integrate clients single sign-on product with third-party healthcare applications. Utilized Windows internals methodologies such as API hooking, DLL injection, etc. Also worked on a systems management solution which did background monitoring of desktop systems which utilized similar techniques.
- Architected a COM-based object framework with ATL to enable client to build Visual Basic applications for physical security systems. Implemented a three-tier, COM-based developer toolkit used by customers to integrate with another clients audio conferencing bridge and SQL database.
- Wrote Java Servlets in a J2EE, JBoss/Tomcat environment that provided access to clients audio conferencing bridge which provided an encapsulation layer for the middle tier for third party developers. Did several other projects utilizing JNI to connect native and Java application code.
- Implemented image viewer software clients x-ray inspection system utilizing pseudo-color algorithms and data visualization methods. Responsible for biometric scanner software for two different clients. Wrote color profiling application for another client.
- Wrote Microsoft DirectShow application software and DirectShow filters for media splitting, multiplexing, and video processing and blending. DirectShow projects done for multiple clients. Integrated high-definition video cameras with clients non-linear editor. Technologies included MXF file format, DV, JPEG 2000, MPEG compression, Microsoft DirectShow, and several other aspects of digital video and audio.
- Coordinated with and mentored several offshore development teams.
Principal Software Engineer, Cambridge, MA
- Managed a cross-functional team of software engineers, quality engineers, and a technical writer.
- Responsible for several releases and system components of a document management solution built on Confidential Notes.
Engineering Technical Leader, Waltham, MA
- Technical leader for several releases of an authoring and playback system for Web-based streaming video and audio for Windows and Macintosh.
- Responsible for product architecture, project management and contributed to software implementation.
Senior Software Engineer, Tewksbury, MA
- Responsible for delivering an object oriented software library written in C++ to drive Confidential 's second generation video display and capture hardware.
- Involved in all aspects of new hardware bring-up as well as software design.
- Provided consulting services to product engineering groups for the integration of driver architecture.