To acquire a position as a senior software engineer/technical lead with a progressive company where Confidential is concentrated on .NET technologies
Languages: C#, Python 2.7/3.x, Java, VB.NET, Bash Shell Scripting Language - Limited Experience C++
Testing Methodology: MS Unit Testing Framework, Mocking via NSubstitute - Limited Experience with Nunit, Mocking via Moq
CI/Build System: Team City (JetBrains)
Mobile: Android, Windows Phone - Limited Experience with Xamarin(iOS)
Web Servers: Internet Information Services (IIS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7, 6, 5) - Limited experience with Apache 2.x, Nginx, Kestral (.NET Core)
Databases: SQL Server (2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005, 2000, Compact), Oracle (10g/11g), MySQL 5, MariaDB 10.x, MongoDB 3.x
Version Control Systems: Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010, Subversion, SourceSafe, Vault, Git (via GitHub)
Integrated Development Environments: Visual Studio 2017, Visual Studio 2015, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2003, Visual Studio 2002 - Some experience with Eclipse Java IDE, IntelliJ IDEA
Operating Systems: Desktop/Consumer (Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP), Server/Enterprise (Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, 2000 - Additional experience with Linux (Ubuntu Server 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS) - Limited Experience Redhat 6/7
Additional Skills: AppFabric Caching, Redis, Distributed Caching (In-General), VMWare ESXi 4.1 (Setup, Configure, administer), Citrix XenServer 6.x (Setup, Configure, administer), Network concepts (Windows domain setup, administer Active Directory computers/accounts, DNS setup)
Cloud-Based IAAS: Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine, BigTable, BigQuery, PubSub, Storage, VPC), Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, VPC) - Limited Experience Microsoft Azure
Object-oriented and loosely-coupled design · Multi-skilled developer who loves coding · Strong leadership · Effective planning · Unique software solutions to difficult problems · Holds a government security clearance
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Senior Software Engineer/Technical Lead
- Supported the redesign/re-architecture of a .NET Web API 2 web service built on .NET 4.5, Dapper, Unity (for dependency injection) utilizing a SQL Server 2012 backend.
- Architected a multithreaded and multiprocessor collection platform in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using Python, Google Compute Engine, Google Cloud Storage, Google Tile API and MongoDB. The application ran on 75 - 4 Core/16 GB servers to process data. Subsequent runs were scaled horizontally on smaller machines (with the result of increased processing power with more reduced costs).
- Assisted Google in the open source efforts of Google Earth/Fusion Server. Assisted in testing the build/compilation process of the open source release on Ubuntu and CentOS. Wrote the initial scripts for the Earth Server installer. (Fusion installer code based is based on the install scripts of the Earth Server installer). Wrote some of the initial install documentation for the open source Earth/Fusion Server release on GitHub.
- Design and developed a JSON based web service using ASP.NET Web API. The web service was designed to search a SQL Server 2012 database that stored subject matter experts. In addition, the service was designed in such a way as to support returning results using Boolean AND, OR and “exact phrase” logic.
- Architected the design and development of numerous custom web applications using ASP.NET web forms (C# - frameworks 4.5, 4, 3.5, 2, 1.1) utilizing various versions of SQL Server (2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005)
- Architected and developed a document management system using ASP.NET Web Forms (4.0) written in C#, ADO.NET and a SQL Server 2008 R2 database for a government client. I also lead a multi-developer team in the successful completion and release of this product to the client’s production environment. The final application was designed to work in a load-balanced scenario (web farm). The final environment consisted of a database server, application/services server and multiple web servers.
- Architected and developed an internal application to facilitate the mass-onboarding of new employees. The .NET 4.5 application, written in C# using Entity Framework and a SQL Server 2008 R2 database, interfaced with the company’s Active Directory domain to make mass changes to account settings (including mail settings and passwords).
- Designed and developed an organization chart display module using ASP.NET (4.0) in C#, using several open-source and commercial third-party components. Users created records and mapped the hierarchy through the web application. The application displayed the organization chart with a method for exporting the organization chart to PDF.
- Architected and developed a J2EE SAML v2.0 authentication system that integrates a government based authentication mechanism with Google Applications (single sign-on) utilizing a MySQL v5.0 back-end. The application utilized a SQL Server 2008 R2 back-end. The SAML authentication service was created to sufficiently anonymize identities between users using the federated government authentication system and the identity provider (Google) to use Google resources. The solution ran on Ubuntu Server running Apache/Tomcat.
- Designed, developed and implemented numerous database designs using SQL Server databases. Provided access to data using a variety of database objects -- views, stored procedures, user-defined functions, user-defined data types. Performed performance enhancements using indexes. Familiar with SQL Server Enterprise -- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE).
- Designed and developed ASP.NET WCF (4.0) web service to interface a Windows Form (4.0) application to pass data between the client and server for a government client.
- Setup, configured and administered numerous sites using Internet Information Services (IIS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7, 6, 5)
- Developed an Android based application for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10 (Android 3.1 - Honeycomb) to visualize data assets in the field.
- Performed technical lead utilizing supervisory skills with junior, mid and senior developers including the coordination of assignments and task oversight on multiple projects.
- Performed rapid design, development and deployment of prototype systems (VB.NET, C#)
- Performed SQL Server database maintenance and support
- Provided help to numerous co-workers (developers, network administration team, members of various business teams, graphics team, etc.) to assist in solving problems and accomplishing tasks.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead
- Designed and developed custom intranet applications using Active Server Pages (ASP) and ASP.NET Web Forms (1.1)
- Designed and developed custom content and document management systems using ASP
- Designed and developed web applications in ASP.NET (including an identification system) as well as worked with a team to develop custom modules and user controls for team projects
- Designed and developed custom windows applications using Visual Basic, VB.NET and C#
- Designed databases and created stored procedures using SQL Server 7 and 2000 (in addition to Microsoft Access)
- Integrated third-party components and peripherals into enterprise systems i.e., Barcode scanners, Zebra Label Printers, NCS OpScan Scanners, Alien RFID 915 MHz/2450 MHz passive tag units
- Performed technical lead utilizing supervisory skills with junior and mid-level developers
- Designed and developed a Windows Service in VB.NET to generate letters in PDF format
- Developed embedded applications for Pocket PC 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003 (HP H5450 and H5555) in C# for the .NET Compact Framework
- Performed rapid design, development and deployment of prototype systems (VB, VB.NET, C#)
- Designed windows/web interfaces using custom graphics developed using Adobe Photoshop
- Performed SQL Server database maintenance and support
- Performed various system administration tasks on Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 Server
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Performed exhibit startup and shutdown which included several computer exhibits working in conjunction with multiple video disk players.
- Monitored the exhibit throughout the day to maintain operability
- Setup Information Age Theater for video conferencing when required by Confidential or Smithsonian staff
- Provided hardware support (troubleshooting and installation of various hardware components)
- Provided system support for exhibit machines running a variety of operating systems, including Windows NT, UNIX (IRIX), DOS and MAC OS environments.
- Designed and developed custom windows applications using Visual Basic with database back-ends including Microsoft Access and Oracle. Developed various custom applications including event alert/monitoring systems and a statistical analysis tools
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD
Summer Intern - System Support
- Installed software in UNIX (Linux, SCO, AIX, IRIX) and DOS environments
- Worked in the area of security using Kerberos.
- Benchmarked various operating systems
- Performed system administration on various aspects of UNIX (Linux, SCO, AIX, Solaris, IRIX, HP-UX)
- Debugged and compiled existing applications written in C and C++ for various UNIX platforms
- Designed custom programs in the C programming language