Experienced Software Architect with more than 15 years of experience designing complex solutions using various architectures and technologies. Additionally, experience as a Technical Manager, Team Leader, Systems Engineer and Software Developer in a variety of industries, both as an employee and as a consultant.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban/Lean) and Waterfall methodologies
- Requirements Gathering (User Interviews)
- Team Leadership and Scrum Master roles
- Design using UML
- Team Management and mentorship, including subcontractors
- Project time and cost estimation
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and senior management
- Analyzing and integrating emerging technologies as appropriate for the project
- Object Oriented Design
- 10+ years of C#/.NET Framework (2.0 - 4.5)
- 10+ years of C/C++ (Microsoft Visual C++)
- 8 years of SQL for development purposes
- 5 years of Microsoft Visual Basic/ VB.NET
- 9 years with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- 6 years with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- 3 years with Entity Framework (EF)
- 5 years with Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF)
- 9 years with MVVM
- 5 years with Microsoft Prism
- 2 years with MVC
- 4 years with Java
- 2 years with EJBs
Senior Developer and Team Lead
Confidential, Davie, FL
- Work included performance tuning of a complex WPF application, communications with the custom hardware and enhancements of application functionality.
- Became a technical lead, responsible for managing and coordinating the technical efforts across multiple projects.
- After an internal reorganization and rapid growth, transitioned to a full time employee and team lead.
- Additional responsibilities included managing the day to day activities for a team of 8 people, leading daily team scrum meetings, resource and task assignments and reporting progress to upper management.
- Also provided the point of contact for the team for all internal and external customers, as well as other groups within the organization and external partners.
Technologies Used: C#, .NET Framework 4.5, WPF, MVVM, Microsoft Prism, MEF, Agile Methodologies (Scrum), Telerik UI components, PostgreSQL, NoSQL technologies, JSON, XML
Contract WPF/C# Developer
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
- Worked as part of multinational team to develop an integrated suite of applications to assist in planning and optimization maritime voyages, specifically targeted at trans-oceanic voyages.
- The application is designed to be deployed as a client/server application in a variety of environments including on board the vessel and within a centralized planning office.
- Specific areas of development involve improving the performance of the Windows/WPF client application.
- Additionally, additional functionality has been developed using WPF, WCF and Entity Framework.
- The team operates in an Agile manner, using the Scrum principles.
Technologies Used: C#, .NET Framework 4.5, WPF, MVVM, MEF, Agile Methodologies (Scrum), Entity Framework, Telerik UI components, SQL Server, Microsoft Prism
- Redesign and redevelopment of existing high accuracy scientific software, moving from a procedural code base ( Confidential ) to an object oriented language - C#.
- In addition, multiple integration paths have been identified and implemented.
- The aim of the project is to secure the future of the software, improve the user experience and improve user productivity by reducing the chance of user error. This project is ongoing.
Technologies Used: C#, .NET Framework 4.0, WPF, MVVM, MEF, Microsoft Prism, SQL Server, JSON, Agile (Scrum/KanBan/Lean), Entity Framework, Helix Toolkit (3D Visualization library), DevExpress UI components
- Led the team that analyzed software development practices, leading to the formation of a formal software development team
- Promoted to Technical Manager responsible for: oversight of various web and desktop development teams, code reviews, mentorship and day to day management of a team of 122 developers, including remote workers and contractors
- Supporting internal and external users of existing software products
- Presenting technical information to internal and external parties including users, management and customers