- Highly Experienced Senior .NET Lead with over 11 years’ experience in developing software applications. Projects include applications in call center management, accounting, petroleum pricing, statistical analysis, custom email messaging clients, natural language processing (NLP), machine learning/ artificial intelligence (AI), public health information systems, medical imaging and telephony. More than fifteen years’ experience developing intranet/internet applications. Roles include project management, programming and consulting.
- Statistics/ Numerical Analysis. Extensive math background with graduate (MS) specialization in engineering math and computer science. Strong analytical skills with ten years of experience in development of research design and statistical analysis in the health and social sciences.
- Speech Recognition/ Artificial Intelligence. Small projects over the past 5 years in automatic speech recognition (primarily Microsoft technologies) and conversational agents/ personal assistants; AI topic in pattern recognition as part of MS thesis.
Confidential, LOUISVILLE, KY
- Confidential is a division of Confidential Incorporated responsible for serving the needs of approximately 6 million beneficiaries. I am responsible for leveraging technology to streamline and improve the execution of Confidential services and business strategies. In this role I work with business leads and associates to identify requirements, design software solutions within the enterprise infrastructure as well as identifying risks and mitigations. Other responsibilities included thought-leadership on development best practices and mentoring of software development staff. Recent projects include the following:
- Lead architect responsible for transitioning all web applications and web services for the enterprise from Windows Server 2003 to 2008 r2. Applications migrated from current server farms to new topology of 50+ web and application servers. Migration involved several hundred applications: legacy asp, .NET (framework 1.1 - 4.5), IBM WebSphere, old style (asmx) services, WCF services, MTS/COM+. Responsibilities included working through compatibility/upgrade issues with teams of Confidential developers and assigning/ coordinating the work of various infrastructure groups for network routing/firewall, IIS 7.x configuration and security.
- Design/ development of approach for real-time exchange of data among geographically separated call centers. Web applications utilized in Louisville, KY and San Antonio, TX needed to share data with business partner in South Carolina. Developed design for web services, middle-tier and data related components as well as interfaces to legacy applications. Architecture is n-tier utilizing .NET and Component Scalable Logical Architecture (CSLA).
- Design/ re-engineering of credit card billing applications for compliance with recent PCI industry standard. Legacy web-based (.Net 1.x/ .asp) and batch oriented (VB6) applications in use by call center representatives were redesigned to use common object model, n-tier architecture and SOA.
- Infrastructure improvements. Developed concepts/ procedures for versioning of internal code, third party components and coding standards for error handling in web applications; developed analysis comparing features of smart-client applications to web-based applications for consideration as possible direction for future development; developed business case for implementing session state in distributed caching topology.
Confidential, LOUISVILLE, KY
- In my role as Applications Consultant I was responsible for understanding the needs of the organization and translating those needs into technological solutions. This included working with business initiative leaders, subject matter experts and analysts to develop requirements, design specifications, as well as with software developers and vendors to implement a solution. Projects included:
- Agent Portal/Workbench. Web application to provide core tools for (approx 20,000) independent agents to quote and manage prospective business for the HumanaOne line of products. I served in lead role with primary responsibility for design, development and implementation of project. Software uses Microsoft C#, .NET, ADO.NET and SQL Server. Architecture is highly distributed over several IIS, application and database servers utilizing both remoting and web services technologies.
Confidential, LOUISVILLE, KY
System Specialist/ Internet Development Team Lead
- Initially contracted as consultant for applications development and support for projects involving EDI (ANSI 12 standard) and related systems. After the completion of several projects, was offered position as lead programmer for the IntelliOrder project, a web-based system for procurement of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals. IntelliOrder is used by several high-profile clients including Walgreen’s pharmacies and Fresenius Medical Care.
- Re-designed architecture of IntelliOrder system to increase performance and scalability. Optimized database configuration, SQL and modified Visual Basic components running under COM+ to increase concurrency by eliminating blocking/locking and deadlocking problems. Introduced use of MSMQ to queue processing of purchase orders, requisitions and pick tickets to smooth utilization requirements during periods of peak demand.
- Managed team of 5 developers in optimizing and extending the functionality and scalability of the IntelliOrder system. Responsible for tracking project status, coordinating work, change control policies, software versioning and release schedules.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of web and database servers. Served as DBA for IntelliOrder related databases.
- Designed database and developed architecture for billing system. Developed front-end, middle-tier components and stored procedures.
Confidential, LOUISVILLE, KY
- Web developer for internet start-up. Developed front-end and middle-tier components for web-based applications in the Microsoft DNA environment.
- Served as team lead for development of new web-based strategic product offering that serves as a decision support system for petroleum retailers to obtain optimum pricing in national markets. Met with business sponsors and domain experts to define product requirements. Developed requirements, software specifications and project plan. Designed and programmed middle-tier COM layer using VC++ (MFC/ATL/STL).
- Developed VC++ component for scanning FTP directories, decompressing ZIP, and TAR files, parsing and aggregating contents into transactional units of work consisting of XML descriptions of their contents. The component is used 24 X 7, processing approximately 1500 files/day, 5000 transactions for 2800 retail locations
- Developed web interface for configuring supply points in supply chain management system application.
Confidential, BLOOMINGTON, IN
Manager of Information Services/ Senior Developer
- Managed IS operations and served as senior developer. Responsibilities included planning, hiring/supervision of staff and development of software for internal use. Software development was directed toward customer account management (650,000 customers/ approximately $4.2 million/year) and support of a customer call center.
- Supported and enhanced accounts receivable and call center support systems. Developed applications to price/tax long distance calls, invoice customers, post payments, configure long distance services and accounts.
- Developed an application to monitor point awards to 500,000+ Premiere WorldLink and AMEX customers. Points were awarded as incentive to increase long distance call utilization and could be exchanged for airline tickets.
- Developed voice response unit (VRU) to provide first line support for a customer service call center. The VRU provides information automatically to customers on account status, payments, invoices and general company information and operates 24 X 7 servicing 16 voice lines (using 4 servers). The VRU was developed using Visual C++ and the Dialogic API.
- Developed real-time/ near real-time set of applications for processing credit card payments for a customer service call center. Credit cards included VISA, MasterCard and five other types of cards. Applications linked the accounts receivable system to a clearinghouse through a secure intra-net IP gateway.
- Developed applications to format, upload and prepare materials for bulk mailings. Applications were used to address, barcode and print plastic account cards for 80,000 - 100,000 mail pieces each year (1997 - 99) and 750,000 in 2000.
Environment: Visual C++, Visual Basic, FoxPro, DAO, ODBC, ADO, SQL Server, MS Access Dialogic API, Novell, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Visual SourceSafe.