OS’s: Solaris, Linux, Windows, Macintosh
Development: GUI, Device Drivers, Informix, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, network programming, Client Server
System/Network/DB Administration: Solaris, Linux, Informix, Mysql, Opentext LiveLink, Solaris hardening, RAID
Web development and administration: Apache and IIS
Independent research: Agile S/W development, Python
Senior Consulting Engineer/Application Developer
- Consult with Engineering and Senor management on technical solutions.
- Member of front-end client (CGI, Perl) and back-end production (C, C++, ESQL-C, Perl) program development team for Confidential ’s web based legislative and regulatory tracking service which uses Informix, MySQL and LiveLink.
- Manager of Tech Services, Informix and MySQL DBA solely responsible for 15 Solaris servers and network (Cisco based) administration.
Team Leader / Programmer
- Project lead responsible for migration from an ISAM based medical billing system to Informix.
- Wrote program specifications.
- Designed and developed several key back end billing processes (C-ESQL).
Project Lead / Software Engineer
- One of the principal architects and developers of Confidential, a system running on a Sun designed to optimize output originating from Confidential ’s newspaper publishing system to well-known raster image processors.
- Responsible for converting Confidential to being a Highly Available/Fault Resistant system.
- UNIX system administration.
- Developed VME and SBus device drivers on Confidential and 68000 based Sun workstations to drive a variety of high speed recording devices.
- Developed XView and SunView user interfaces to operate and monitor PostScript interpreter.
- Wrote socket-based IPC library to communicate between PostScript server and client UI.
- Doubled the performance of VMS device dependent graphics layer.
- Wrote device dependent graphics code for Confidential, SunView, Apollo GPR, Curses, Macintosh and PostScript.
- Added functionality to device independent graphics toolkit.