Experienced with COBOL, Assembler, VB.Net, SQL Server, DB2, SQL Server, CICS, VSAMExcel, Access, TSO, SDSF, and FileAid
- Wrote complex SQL scripts and stored procedures used to maintain patient health data stored in a SQL Server database.
- Updated existing SQL stored procedures to run more efficiently by adding indexes or reworking SQL code
- Designed and built GUI screens used to display and update patient data using Confidential proprietary software that is similar to Visual Basic
- Maintained CPT and Confidential code databases used in patient billing using SQL and Excel. Added triggers to various screens to ensure that billing codes were submitted correctly.
- Updated HTML files used to create GUI screens which store patient diagnosis and procedure information
- Maintained VB.Net client - server application used to automatically generate bills and perform other actions for healthcare patients
- Converted Visual Basic applications to use VB.Net and ASP.Net
- Changed Assembler sorting algorithm used in daily updating of patient database, reducing processing time by up to 90%
- Wrote and maintained COBOL and Assembler programs used to track data for Patient Accounting
- Produced Patient Accounting reports for clients using COBOL and Microsoft Access
- Using C and BAL, maintained programs used to store and retrieve phone numbers and addresses used in printing phone directories for Bell Telephone, Sprint, and GTE
- Designed and coded Paradox routines used to automate collection and display of medical journals from a large database and to generate reports
- Supported large database for Confidential used to research tax laws using COBOL and Assembler programming
- Managed group of five developers who worked on updating the tax law database