Experienced Software Architect with more than 15 years of experience designing complex solutions using various architectures and technologies. Additionally, experience as a Technical Manager, Team Leader, Systems Engineer and Software Developer in a variety of industries, both as an employee and as a consultant.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban/Lean) and Waterfall methodologies
- Requirements Gathering (User Interviews)
- Team Leadership and Scrum Master roles
- Design using UML
- Team Management and mentorship, including subcontractors
- Project time and cost estimation
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders and senior management
- Analyzing and integrating emerging technologies as appropriate for the project
- Object Oriented Design
- 10+ years of C#/.NET Framework (2.0 - 4.5)
- 10+ years of C/C++ (Microsoft Visual C++)
- 8 years of SQL for development purposes
- 5 years of Microsoft Visual Basic/ VB.NET
- 9 years with Windows Presentation Foundation ( Confidential )
- 6 years with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- 3 years with Entity Framework (EF)
- 5 years with Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF)
- 9 years with MVVM
- 5 years with Microsoft Prism
- 2 years with MVC
- 4 years with Java
- 2 years with EJBs
Senior Developer and Team Lead
Confidential, Davie, FL
- Originally employed as a contract C#/ Confidential developer tasked with Confidential and maintenance of a hardware control application used in conjunction specialized communications hardware.
- Work included performance tuning of a complex Confidential application, communications with the custom hardware and enhancements of application functionality. Became a technical lead, responsible for managing and coordinating the technical efforts across multiple projects.
- After an internal reorganization and rapid growth, transitioned to a full time employee and team lead.
- Additional responsibilities included managing the day to day activities for a team of 8 people, leading daily team scrum meetings, resource and task assignments and reporting progress to upper management.
- Also provided the point of contact for the team for all internal and external customers, as well as other groups within the organization and external partners.
Technologies Used: C#, .NET Framework 4.5, Confidential, MVVM, Microsoft Prism, MEF, Agile Methodologies (Scrum), Telerik UI components, PostgreSQL, NoSQL technologies, JSON, XML
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
- Worked as part of multinational team to develop an integrated suite of applications to assist in planning and optimization maritime voyages, specifically targeted at trans-oceanic voyages.
- The application is designed to be deployed as a client/server application in a variety of environments including on board the vessel and within a centralized planning office.
- Specific areas of development involve improving the performance of the Windows/ Confidential client application.
- Additionally, additional functionality has been developed using Confidential, WCF and Entity Framework.
- The team operates in an Agile manner, using the Scrum principles.
Technologies Used: C#, .NET Framework 4.5, Confidential, MVVM, MEF, Agile Methodologies (Scrum), Entity Framework, Telerik UI components, SQL Server, Microsoft Prism
- Redesign and redevelopment of existing high accuracy scientific software, moving from a procedural code base ( Confidential ) to an object oriented language C#.
- In addition, multiple integration paths have been identified and implemented.
- The aim of the project is to secure the future of the software, improve the user experience and improve user productivity by reducing the chance of user error.
- This project is ongoing.
Technologies Used: C#, .NET Framework 4.0, Confidential, MVVM, MEF, Microsoft Prism, SQL Server, JSON, Agile (Scrum/KanBan/Lean), Entity Framework, Helix Toolkit (3D Visualization library), DevExpress UI components
- High accuracy scientific model developed to precisely simulate the operational behavior of a wide range of passenger trains.
- The model forms the core of a large scale Confidential analysis to determine the factors that affect braking performance, in an effort to improve passenger train safety.
- The expectation is to run multiple simulation groups, each consisting of upwards of 100,000 individual simulations.
- To accomplish this, the system was designed to take advantage of the distributed capabilities of cluster and cloud computing
Technologies used: C#, .NET Framework 4.0, Confidential, Entity Framework, MEF, WCF, UML, Agile/Scrum, SQL Server, Windows Server 2008 HPC, Microsoft Prism
- Led the team that analyzed software development practices, leading to the formation of a formal software development team
- Promoted to Technical Manager responsible for: oversight of various web and desktop development teams, code reviews, mentorship and day to day management of a team of 122 developers, including remote workers and contractors
- Supporting internal and external users of existing software products
- Presenting technical information to internal and external parties including users, management and customers