- 5 years experience in developing GUI and server - side Windows based applications using C# .NET (Winforms), WPF, WCF, VB.NET, .NET Framework 2.0-3.5, Windows Vista, COM Interops.
- 9+ years experience in developing GUI and server-side Windows based applications using C++, Visual C++, MFC, Windows NT, COM, ActiveX, XML, XSL, XPath, SQL Server and Win32 SDK.
- Experience working in front office for Equity and Fixed Income trading desks.
Languages: C# .NET, VB.NET, C++, Visual C++,, Visual J++, Visual Basic, Java
Others: MFC, COM, ATL, STL, .NET 2.0, 3.5, Win32 SDK, Adobe Acrobat SDK, Shell Scripting., Perl, WPF, WCF, Rougewave
OOAD: UML, OMT
Databases: Oracle 8.0, SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005 , Sybase
Version Control: Visual SourceSafe, SVN, CVS, TFS
Tools: Visual Studio 2008, Rational Rose Enterprise, Crystal Reports 8.5,XI
Operating System: Windows XP, 7.0, Unix
Protocols: TAP (Trading Application Protocol), TCP/IP, UDP, Bluetooth.
Senior Software Engineer
- Enhanced various device drivers for Scanning cameras, Observation camera using C# .NET.
- Enhanced windows services that communicated with these cameras using C#.NET, UDP and TCP and Sockets
- Designed and developed the camera scheduler for recycling the infra-red power to the night cameras using C#.NET. Modified the client for the same using Visual C++, MFC.
- Implemented the new commands as per the upgraded firmware to communicate to the cameras.
- Implemented target assessment for the scanning cameras using multi-threading, C#.NET, Visual C++, MFC
Distributed Application Developer
- Interfaced various programs using Sungard Martini API, C++, STL, Oracle 10g
- Implemented the TradeChecker that checks various backoffice rules, counterparty rules using C++, STL, Rougewave and Oracle.
- Created Trade reports in Excel using Perl and C++ and Oracle.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
Senior .NET Developer
- Designed and developed various utility programs to ensure forward compatibility of Confidential ’s eAudIT application using C#.NET, WPF, Winforms, SQL Server 2008
- Designed, developed and integrated Adobe Retention to retain Audit documents at the end of the Auditing process by converting from XPS to PDF and Office documents to PDF using C#.NET and Adobe Acrobat API 9.0. Designed the UI for the same using WPF
- Designed and developed the plug-in to create the Retention book with bookmarks in Visual C++, Adobe Acrobat API 9.0
- Designed and developed the plug-in to create the PDF Portfolio using Visual C++, Adobe Acrobat API 9.0
- Led a team of five people in successfully delivering the Proof of Concept of eAudIT using C#.NET, SQL Server 2008’s filestream functionality for document storage while storing regular Audit data in tables
- Designed the data structure for the runtime for “ MooFwd” Windows mobile application using VB, JSON, NewtonSoft JSON Parser for Windows Mobile 6.0
- Populated the UI data structure received from the server using a library component written in VB .NET for Windows Mobile 6.0
- Designed and developed the GUI from the data structure received from the server using VB .NET, Winforms, .NET compact framework, Windows Mobile 6.0 SDK Professional.
Confidential, New York, NY
Distributed Application Developer
- Designed and developed numerous business reports using C# .NET Winforms, Crystal Reports 8.5, XI for Equities and Fixed Income desks.
- Designed and developed various batch programs to facilitate front office STP (Straight through processing) using C# .NET, C++, Visual C++, Visual Basic 6.0, COM, XML, Sybase, MQ Series for Equities and Fixed Income desks
- Designed and developed customization of trading platform toolbars to aid traders and managers using C# .NET Winforms and SQL Server 2005
- Involved in day to day interaction with Traders and Portfolio managers and participated in team meetings to chalk out the business requirement documents, functional specs and development plans.
- First level front office support for Overnight batches and intra-day cycles for OMS (Order Management Systems) for Equities and Fixed Income desks
- Setting up securities like Munis, Corporate Bonds, ABS, MBS, T-Note, T-Bills as a single homogenous security in the security master
- First level front office support for Macgregor XIP Trading system for Equities and Fixed Income desks
- Designed and developed post decommission business reports using Coldfusion, SQL Server2005
Confidential, New York, NY
- Designed and developed Confidential Snapshot Generator using C#, .NET Winforms
- Designed the Enhanced Due Diligence product for Confidential using C# .NET, SQL server, Korn-Shell to send AML alerts.
- Designed and developed a multi-threaded application using Visual C++, C++ for Lehman Brothers and Barclays Capital compliance to spider various websites.
- Designed databases for Lehman Brothers and Confidential and wrote scripts and programs to load the feed into the database using Perl and KornShell, and C++
- Developed an application for Bank of Scotland using C++, MFC to email the HTML company snapshot to the user.
- Wrote Shell scripts to parse email and then call an above application with the reply address, company reg. no and subject.
- Created custom reports and financial tearsheets for companies like Confidential, JPMorgan, Ernst and Young, SwissRe, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, European Bank using XML, XSL, SQL Server, C++ and HTML which had information from leading data providers like Thomson Financial, Reuters, Factiva, Edgar.
- Developed the database and the User Interface to obtain the corporate governance of any company using C++, SQL Server, XML, XSL and HTML.
- Developed a windows service for Credit Card Authentication and Fraud Protection using XML, C++, Winsock using the XML component of Clear-commerce API.
- Developed a windows service that searches the database for companies using C++, XML and Winsock
- Designed and developed custom programs that fetched XML from the SQL Server database using C++.e.g Institutional Shareholder Services and AM Best.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Developed Confidential Medicals Document Acquisition System (DAS). DAS has a two-step process bursting and indexing. Bursting breaks up given medical record depending on the business rule. Indexer looks up for text within the bursted files and creates and output index file with all the files and the indexed word. Developed the indexer module for the Document Acquisition System using Visual C++, Adobe Acrobat SDK, PDFLib, MSXML on Windows 2000 , which searches for the indexing word and creates an output file, which contains the indexed words.
- Developed plugins for Adobe Acrobat using Visual C++ and Adobe Acrobat SDK .
- MergePlugin: Read the Table of Contents in XML format generated by the Electronic Product Configurator and merges all the files in the Table of Contents in one book.pdf. It also generates bookmarks for the inserted chapters in the book.
- AppendPDFtoToc: Reads the table of contents in the PDF format and appends all the files in the table of contents in one book.pdf. It also generates bookmarks for the inserted chapters in the book.
- Implemented the Electronic Product Configurator C#, .NET Winforms..
- Generated the table of contents in the XML format and wrote XSL to convert the XML into a viewable HTML format.
- Tested the Electronic Product manual and implemented bug fixes using Java, XIndice, Adobe Acrobat SDK, Acrobat Java Script, and deployed the product on Tomcat running on HP-UX.
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
- Developed a COM Component to make native calls to the application DLL’s using JNI.
- Implemented massaging of the input XML using the COM Component .
- Customized the Enterprise Application Integration server (Level 8 Geneva Server) to port the massaged data in the form of Geneva XML messages to the Mainframe in the form of a COBOL Copybook.
- Developed the Electronic Application Convert (EAConvert) is a multithreaded application written in C++, Visual C++, MFC, Win32 SDK API, Adobe Acrobat SDK, COM that converts the PDF, forms generated by the EA to TIFF images to be sent to the Workflow system.
Confidential, East Brunswick, NJ
- Developed the new user interface using C++, Visual C++, Win32 SDK API, ActiveX, COM that enables the user to set optimal Asset Allocation amongst classes such as Large Cap, Small Cap, Fixed Income and International Stocks. Lists the appropriate securities depending on the selection.
- Developed the new user interface using C++, Visual C++, Win32 SDK API, ActiveX, and COM that would enable users to opt in-or-out of phone and mail marketing communications.
- Developed a COM component using C++, Visual C++, which provided the functionality to display settings to include storage of a comprehensive set of Ticker and portfolio related user settings. Incorporated the password change functionality in the application.
- Designed using C++, Visual C++, Win32 SDK API, Drop down Menus and Edit boxes a new user interface to implement password change functionality.
- Developed an interface using C++, Visual C++, Win32 SDK API, ActiveX controls for a Zacks feed of top rated stocks.
- Developed the interface using Visual C++. Win32 SDK API using the Publish-Subscribe interaction to display the streaming indices in the application toolbar.