Architect, Senior Developer, Lead, or Management position in software, hardware, or system development.
- Development of a variety of applications across diverse industries, functions, and organizations.
- Experience with most models of software development including waterfall and agile.
- Development of many computer related hardware devices technologies.
- One resulted in a US Patent.
- Created a small real - time OS for embedded control.
Software Developer Supervisor
- Developed software for routing approval of documents. Initial implementation was .Net MVC4. When security constraints made a Web implementation impossible the application was implemented in .Net WPF with MVVM and WCF to the server backend. Since all of the documents were kept as files they were not stored in the database, which held only a key store for them
- Improved ETL of data from spreadsheet. A major design goal was creating consistent and effective UI for use by administrative users.
Confidential, Aberdeen, MD
- Develop stored procedures for reports in SQL Server. Improved the performance of one by 10X.
- Develop tests for ASP.Net MVC 4/5 implementation of new functionality.
- Develop new functionality Web in MVC 4/5.
- Improve stored procedure performance.
- Create XML report from Oracle DB.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Complete redesign and rewriting the translator for the custom workflow from its Visio drawing to xml, and greatly improved the performance of the execution engine. The current design heavily relies on WinForms with significant business logic imbedded in code behind. My new design utilizes .Net WPF, MVVM, and WWF. This design supports automated testing through MVVM, flexibility in implementing business logic through WWF.
- Develop new functionality in .Net C# for the customer service application. The application makes extensive use of multi-threading, SOA, object oriented design, and XML serialization.
- Fixed numerous bugs including null references, incorrect or missing validations, and conceptual errors.
Architect Senior Developer
Confidential, Chadsford, PA
- The 2005/2008 SQL Server database consists of 60 tables 155 stored procedures.
- It is accessed through both ADO.Net and the Microsoft Entity Framework.
- The UI consists of 36 windows and is implemented in .Net WPF using the MVVM model in C#.
- It pulls data from the current SAP system by reading SAPs files directly.
- Input to SAP is via a file drop.
Architect Senior Developer
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Using UML designed object-oriented software for the drug discovery product and implemented it on time and on budget. The design incorporated the MVC and factory patterns. The new software contained over 200 objects and the design covered 10 D-size drawings.
- Working with the chemists we defined numerous use cases to drive and validate the design. Architected, designed and developed the software and hardware to allow entry into a new market of in drug discovery, with a revenue potential of $500 million over 5 years.
- Initiated and developed an interface program, which allowed business partners to produce a system with a sales potential of $6 million per year.
- Designed hardware to support controlled heating of samples.
- Architected the interface to an OEM instrument and wrote the software to integrate it into the software system. The products sales have been $10 million per year.
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
- Managed a staff of over 40 with responsibility for the hardware diagnostics development for all computer systems including workstations and mainframes.
- Managed and supplied the diagnostic needs of over 30 customer operating groups.
- Recruited, managed and developed a continuously growing team of SW professionals.
- Managed central computer operations for one site that included 150 additional staff.
- Developed diagnostics that met the needs of a vastly different and challenging audience, including field support, manufacturing and various RD groups. Products were developed within tight time and staffing constraints. By developing a new Architecture reduced the company’s investment in diagnostics by 50% while greatly expanding the range of tools provided. Cost savings of approximately $3.5 million annually.
- Developed and managed the Core Diagnostics Technology which enabled the on-time shipment of a new computer system. This development overcame the potential loss of $100 million, due to the late delivery of components from another group.
- Managed the System Architecture Team and transitioned this team from a largely bureaucratic function to an effective partner in the development process.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Developed prototype computer HW and system architecture for a 64-bit word machine.
- Invented a networking architecture and built a successful prototype HW for a truly integrated services network which combined voice and data. The architecture foreshadowed the features of ATM networks.
- Pioneered the use of twisted pair for high-speed data communication.
- Managed the bidding and installation a central office size PBX and the installation of T1 links throughout the campus.
- Managed a major consolidation move including the construction of a new computer room with 5 mainframes.
- Also manager the computer center.
- Developed a real-time OS and firmware for an optical fiber making machine.