- Seasoned technology consultant seeking a permanent senior management role in the technology space in fast moving progressive entrepreneurial environment.
- Seeking challenging senior leadership role involving general business strategy, software based product design and portfolio management, building and maintaining client/partner relationships while leading an in house custom development program.
- Demonstrated success formulating technology strategy, designing innovative solutions, leading teams to deliver on project/program objectives, and implementing standardized scalable processes.
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE SKILLS:
Related Expertise: SEO, Cross Browser Compatibility for Client-Side Code, AJAX, XML and XSLT
Preferred GUI(Web) Tools: Adobe Creative Suite(Most Applications Expert), Adobe/Macromedia Flash(Entry), Less.js, Axure RP Pro for rapid prototyping/UX design
Server Platforms: LAMP, Windows Server 2003-2012, Tomcat(entry)(includes various open source SMTP, FTP, SAMBA, Firewall, VPN, and other server platform software)
OS Platforms: Windows 3.1-8.1, Linux(various distributions/ command line), MS DOS(all)
Architect (Independent Consultant)
- Responsible for doing independent analysis of current IT and development operation within Events and Transportation, and make recommendations to modernize and improve operations.
- Responsible for interviewing developer candidates and making hiring recommendations.
- Responsible for engaging with third party software vendors, engaging with and analyzing operations of competing vendors, to make recommendations for vendor engagements over the next 5 - 10 years.
- Create training session curriculum to update developer skillsets covering topics such as object oriented programming best practices, architectural design, project management, Team Foundation Server(TFS), ASP.NET MVC 5, Entity Framework 6, Web API, Autofac and inversion of control, Angular.js, Single Page design, responsive design with Bootstrap, and SOLID programming principles.
- Mentor and guide developers of all skill levels.
- Lead design, development, and project management of brand new scalable, highly flexible, robust platform for managing all parking and transportation related business functions. Used Web API 2, .NET 4.61, C#, MVC 5, Angular.js, Enterprise Service Bus, Autofac, Entity Framework, SQL Server 2014, Windows Server 2012, and Visual Studio Team Services. With plan to transition ownership to internal employees by end of the engagement.
- Responsible for introducing modernized project management metric based tooling, program and project management processes.
- Responsible for introducing modern build and application life cycle managing tooling, and change control processes specifically using Microsoft Team Foundation Services.
- Lead consultant responsible for cultivating new relationship with Boys and Girl Clubs of America via Confidential and Confidential ’s initial engagement with them.
- Successfully put together and lead team of seasoned senior consultants of different backgrounds to produce a software and reporting solution for our client from the ground up.
- Work with client(all levels of management from developers to SVPs and CIO) to fully understand their needs, problems they faced in the past, the inner workings on their business, and designed a solution in a very agile fashion under a tight timeline to substantially streamline internal processes while offering a high degree of flexibility and customizability going forward.
- Responsible for project management, including budget, tasking employees, managing hours billed against project, handling relationships and communication with stake holders, project planning, requirements gathering, tracking billable hours, reporting project status to client, and arranging meetings/calls with client as needed.
- Responsible for overall product design, and user experience design for custom solution built to streamline clients business processes, while reducing risks, increasing security, usability, time and quality of completion of existing efforts for employees nationwide. Wireframes and interactive prototypes produced in Axure RP Pro, with graphics and mock-ups done in Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Responsible for technical architectural design as well as leadership of development of custom intranet based solution from the ground up leveraging Microsoft technologies (MVC5, .NET 4.51, SQL Server 2012, Jquery, AutoFac, Less.js, SSRS, WCF, SSIS). This solution involved a data-base driven dynamic survey system, with auto-filling, complex business rules and data validation, year-over-year comparison in real time, ability for organizations to pull a variety of parameterized reports for all years including previous year data, a custom DataMart for a variety of data analysis year over year. Data and application structure that allowed for changes to the format, questions, order, type of questions, prefilling data sources and logic, and all aspects of all surveys while maintaining concurrency year over year so not to disrupt reporting. Custom authentication designed to be in integrated with BGCA custom internal authentication system via WCF services.
- Approximately 40 hours per week hands on development in all technologies used. 20 hours management. During the holidays 50+ hours hands development due to last minute requests from a client and staff on vacation to hit existing deadlines,
- Setup and managed Scrum template in Visual Studio Online(TFS) and managed sprints, lead daily stand-ups with developers and project stakeholders. In charge of “blocking and tackling” for development team to ensure they could focus and stay in scope with tasks and user stories. Served as functional scrum master for the project amongst other roles.
- A variety of admin tools were built for users in specific roles allowing for impersonation of organizations without disrupting detailed tracking of changes, a custom workflow designed to significantly reduce time and effort required by national users to review survey data submitted each year, as well as communicate with respondents, and manage individual survey workflow.
- Responsible for setting up and managing development environment for the Confidential and Confidential ’s team, including Azure VM’s, Visual Studio Online(Cloud based TFS), and integration into Office 365 Active Directory. Also managed client request using client accessible SharePoint site.
- Put together documentation, ran training sessions with client development staff, and successfully transitioned knowledge and ownership of brand new application and DataMart to client IT department.
- Mix of consulting(multiple clients) and internal software development/architectural design and planning
- “Business Consultant” Responsible for a mix of leadership, process implementation, advice, product design, and development.
- Responsible for technical interviewing and recommendation of new hires.
- Responsible for leadership of Price Increase project, a small but highly visible application in charge of price changes in Rollins services.
- Responsible for leading, tasking, and mentoring senior development staff.
- Responsible for estimating and planning project.
- Responsible for design Functional Prototypes for client approval using rapid prototyping tool Axure RP, getting approval, and building out User Interface designs in application.
- Architectural Analysis and Roadmap Planning
- Provide development assistance, mentoring, advisement as needed on other .NET projects.
- Responsible for setting up project properly and managing in TFS 2012, as well as implementing a hybrid agile (SCRUM) process as best as company’s current structure would allow in the time we had.
- Leveraged TFS Scrum template to manage sprints, track velocity, backlog, user stories and other agile related metrics.
- Lead Scrum stand-ups with development in both US and India, using Rally to manage backlog, stories, tasks, sprints, and track metrics such as velocity.
- Responsible for interviewing candidates to build, mentor, and lead manage day to day tasking for global clients US .NET development team in parallel with UK based team. Lead developers over all projects centered around a fully featured MSP tool suite written using C#, ASP.NET 3.5, SQL Server 2008 R2, JQuery, Knockout.js, and related technology. Oversaw releases, participate in planning meetings, and responsible for keeping developers tasked and handle any technical direction or questions required by mid-level and senior level developers to ensure all projects are completed in successfully and on time. Participate in decision making for future integration of Agile Scrum development methodology. Participated in project planning. During interim of building team larger responsible for picking up slack and doing hands on architectural design and development as well.
- Architected Developed and delivered utility application for internal use for client from ground up using C# .NET MVC3, Entity Framework 4, .NET 4.0, JQUERY, SQL Server 2008 R2
- Provide technical expertise and development using .NET 3.5, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2008 R2, WCF, Windows Services, DevEx Controls, TFS 2010, Visual Studio 2012, SOA Architecture
- Provided hands on development and advice for architecture of new application for Georgia Pacific using Angular.js, MVC5, Bootstrap, Restful services using Web API 2 and Entity Framework 6 against SQL Server 2012.
- Private RnD into Angluar.js.
- Designed Logo and provided guidance and direction for small start-up. (Adobe Illustrator CS6)
- Provide IT support and repair for various clients as needed on an ongoing basis
- Internal visionary and architect for software product in development, as well business planning around that product and related services.
- Designed company public facing site, and responsible for securing proper infrastructure to host site, internal company services and setting up source control(SVN) and internal development environment such that development team can scale in the near future. (Visual Studio 2012. MVC4. .NET 4.5, SQL Server 2012, SQL Azure, Windows Azure, Entity Framework 5, HTML5, KineticJS, JQuery, MVC Web API. Restful Services, Autofac for Inversion of Control/IOC and Dependency Injection), Service Oriented Architecture(SOA)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- In order to ramp up on how the company works internally to take leadership Role, moved around to different client segments and headed up development and architectural design efforts.
- All New Development, for clients such as L’Oreal Garnier, designed dynamic and style(highly scalable design) search and organization system for, and quiz generation system to be highly scalable flexible and reusable within the project time frame. IE, can be reused for further projects with similar needs lowering future LOE/Cost. Uses C# .NET 4.0, Entity Framework, WCF REST services hit via AJAX, SQL server 2008, JSON, JQUERY On CLIENT to build page DOM dynamically(Development by Front End Developer, Design by Wesley Seward), SOA Architecture
- Extended Standard ASP.NET SQL Authentication with added functionality seamlessly, as well as interfaces for easy integration and project specific custom implementations for membership management in future projects. Uses reflection, Dependency Injection, Unity Framework, Enterprise library 5, SQL Server 2008, C# .NET 4.0, MVC 3
- Took over completion of services layer for Facebook Tabs for Pennington Seed, SOA design
- Developed Service Layer for Facebook Tabs and Forms, as well as Associated C# MVC3 Pages for Verizon Project to be highly scalable for new interactive group buy concept, SOA design
- Designed, Presented and got Approved Time to Develop internal custom universal CMS application for use on all client segments (C#, MVC3, WCF, SQL Server 2008 R2, Enterprise Library 5 and Unity 2) to integrate using a an SOA setup as a central service
- Worked with VP of Tech and other departments to organize and to successfully build and push out brand new site using Site Core CMS, C#, Jquery, CSS, DNS, SQL Server 2008 and related tech for client under very tight deadline with no prior experience using SiteCore in an effort driven by client need as well as potential loss of client upon not succeeding in the effort.
- Used Jira manage agile process on all projects.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Member of two teams during the course of employment. Both working on OpenForum.com, a social networking site including mobile applications, mobile sites, a full site, all in synchronization running of the same services for use exclusively by American Express.
- New development as well as planning and design ranging from new features accessible from the admin side on front end, to functional changes affecting service layers (REST service layer) as well as Data Migration Strategy Planning and execution for major alterations of features within the application that would affect both legacy and current newer versions of the application’s services running simultaneously.
- Performance and reusability as well as scalability and overall effect of design was extremely important and testing involved such things as response time in relation to this.(Per contractual agreement with client)
- Participated in project road map planning, overall task difficulty distribution planning and estimation, as well ask risk assessment with Director of Technology, project managers, Architects and select very senior development.
- Reported directly to Director of Technology.
- Uses ASP.NET 3.5 in C#, REST services, SQL Server 2005, NUnit automated testing, Visual Studio 2008 and 2010(separate solutions for legacy and newer service layers) Ajax, Jquery etc., true SOA architecture
- Strong adherence to test driven development
- By the book Scrum process using Jira and Kanban boards to manage and keep track of project metrics.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
.NET Lead (Contractor)
- In charge of planning, architectural design and development of one of 3 Major Releases (156 Page detailed FRD featuring changes through all tiers and additional areas and functionality) altering the OCC application. This is the application that runs customer service portion of the Gulf Power, Georgia Power, Mississippi Power, Alabama Power, and Confidential Site.
- Application is very high traffic(5 million+ users, 120 thousand online at any one time)
- Uses a mix of projects in C# 2.0-3.5
- Oracle database instance for application specific data, DB2 for account data and related information
- Other technologies included are Cobol(not directly altered however is part of the overall application and some services are written in that had to be interfaced with), XML, XSLT, COM, Web Services, AJAX(.NET AJAX toolkit, JQUERY and custom solutions for specific needs used)
- Lead other developers(1-3 Senior at disposal as needed and sought after for choices by other teams of 2-3 on projects that affected this application for architectural advice and input or choices) and served as a resource to related concurrent project planning., SOA Architecture
Confidential, Norcross GA
- Restructured company development process, overall product life cycle, project management style and methodology, responsible for choices made on technology usage and architectural direction for SAAS products, short and long term planning on multiple projects all clients of US Motivation. Successfully reversed course from potential bankruptcy to stable growth via process restructuring.
- Working as 1 of 3 Consultants from Brave point(Consulting Firm), to our Client US Motivation, in charge of restructuring development process, overall life cycle, project management style and methodology, setting development related roles and responsibilities, as well as helping to re-architect and lead development strategy and team(Project dependent overall had 5 internal developers, 3 of us, QA (1-2 based on time), and interfaced with IT Operations for choices made on technology, planning etc on multiple .NET projects with multiple clients of US Motivation’s. This was a mission critical project; in that US Motivations entire business model was dependent upon a failing software development team and products/services that had the company approaching collapse in the next year without immediate drastic change. Personally took on a project (GE as client of USM), with no documentation, as well as no other available developers for knowledge transfer(old consultants EOC), mastered and improved product, while meeting extremely tight deadlines during a full product life time data audit, saving one of USM’s largest sources of revenue from ending that relationship. Participated in project planning, architectural design and development for this and other projects.
- Designed and Developed multi-threaded generic report pulling, sorting, and cross analyzing utility application in C# .NET 4.0.
- Technologies/Platforms Used(Amongst Others):
- C# .NET 3.5(Migrated to 4.0)(Winforms and ASP.NET)
- Entity Framework 2.0
- Web Services(SOAP)
- VB.NET 1.1 on DOT NET NUKE
- SQL Server 2005
- SVN(Source Control)
- N-Unit(Automated Testing)
- Payment processing for rewards purchased via 3rd party suppliers via Portal
.NET Web Developer
- Volunteering time as remote developer for various additions and maintenance on large ASP.NET site written in C# using SQL Server 2005.
- Uses MVC architecture
- Has modules written in both .NET 2.0, and 3.5(recent migration)
- Also includes associated application written in C# for targeted deployment
- General IT including Hardware and Software troubleshooting and repair. As well as installation, custom PC builds, virus removal, and wireless and wired network setup and troubleshooting for home and business use.
Senior Application Developer/Architect
- Lead meetings with client, gathered requirements and business rules, helped restructure business for transition to brand new Smart Client Winforms application on many tablet pcs in the field asynchronously communicating using web-services and brand new server application
- As one of two consultants working with the on client’s manager we lead a team of us, the manager(acted as consultants so his call was final but took our choices in almost all cases) and their internal developers(4)
- Responsible for 50% of architectural design of C# Smart Client Distributed Application, MS SQL Server 2005 with SSRS database and designing sync method for local SQL Server 2005 Express on Clients for offline caching and storage.
- Designed XML structure for Dynamic GUI format for scalability and module for processing and displaying form GUIs based on XML configurations. Used Infragistics Controls
- Simple ASP.NET web interface to distributed application for customers
- Being Phase 1 of 3 or more, and intent for application to be used elsewhere, entire app is modular with plugable components and heavily scalable
- Responsible for designing storage and network transmission/communication structure using extremely low footprint and bandwidth while loosing minimal scalability and functionality using web services, SQL Server 2005 Server and Express on clients, and storage/retrieval algorithm for digital media associated with records