I'm highly passionate about providing value and excellence. I have an innate ability to find problems/bugs/pain points and come up with creative solutions to mitigate/correct/fix said problems. Throughout my professional career I have used my skills (mainly with technology) in the Oil & Gas, Legal, Electrical and Health fields. I love working with people to solve complex problems, adding value in the process.
ASP.NET development, c#, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, adobe photoshop, content management, customer relations, database administration, adobe illustrator, quality control, six sigma
- My role was a full stack .net instructor and director of the Houston location.
- In addition to teaching and mentoring students, I helped build the new modular version of the Confidential LMS system.
- I also rewrote and recorded videos for a new version of the Coding from Scratch curriculum.
- I also participated in QA of the new .net curriculum to be released on the LMS platform.
- Management duties taking care of student issues, making sure facilities were well taken care of and providing guidance to local staff.
- Feedback on the new coding from scratch curriculum were hugely successful with more students completing the process than the old system.
- As an educator, I empower people to change their lives through the power of choice.
- Confidential in using natural ways to restore, maintain or prevent health issues.
- I focus primarily in the use of the purest essential oils and add in other natural health options as needed.
- I also work with people in the financial arena, enabling them to launch their own business by providing mentoring and coaching as well as business and strategy planning.
- I worked on the flagship product Confidential had. The system used ASP.NET MVC, jQuery as well as open source components to enable clients to increase their efficiency and decrease the amount of time waiting on systems to process their data intensive requests.
- Our team relied on Agile development practices to get code from concept into production with minimal delay.
- Implementing automated build servers and build reporting also contributed to a great development environment.
- I most enjoyed working on the front end and communicating the senior stakeholders to create a robust and user friendly experience.
- Developed an ASP.NET MVC 3.0 (C# .NET 4.0) using LINQ, Telerik MVC controls and jQuery to create a prototype for a custom application that will be used in gathering customer requirements for custom server/rack/pod orders
- Helped develop a custom Silverlight 4.0 (VB.NET .NET 4.0) application using LINQ, Web Services and a SQL Server 2008 backend that allowed work done against projects to bubble up to upper management giving them visibility to work done deep within the organization.
- Managed a digital signage project utilizing the Scala system to roll out new updates to multiple players with in the Houston location
- Worked with upper communication management to develop SharePoint sites for business units utilized jQuery to enable custom SharePoint functionality
- Supported customers who had SharePoint site issues
- Managed the complete application life cycle for custom applications using a third party development company
- Worked with the Omniture SiteCatalyst product to enable tracking on the internet facing website
- Used Adobe illustrator and CAD Tools to generate renderings, from photos, of proposed changes to existing ATM sites for a national bank upgrade project
- Recommended, installed and configured SharePoint 2007 application
- Created custom web application for a client in the auto industry to track inventory and expenses linked to specific inventory items
- Consulted on a variety of web projects ranging from content management sites, using WordPress to basic HTML websites
- Developed a proprietary oil field n - tier web application which allowed Confidential to enter the log viewer application sales environment
- Recommended the use of industry standard development practices, CAB & TFS, which are in place for the development teams
- Performed a complete rewrite of a .NET 1.1 web based application in ASP.NET 2.0 and then upgraded it to .NET 3.5 utilizing ASP.NET Ajax technology
- Retrieved data from a WITSML 1.2 & 1.3.1 data store and SQL Server 2005 Express
- Created the SQL Server tables and stored procedures
- Migrated data store from mySQL to SQL Express
- Heavily utilized the latest Dundas Enterprise charting and gauge controls for data presentation
- Worked with outside consultants to build custom pieces of the log viewer application
- Installed Confidential tarps under the Confidential Confidential Roof disaster program in LA and TX areas
- Led three - five man teams
- Responsible for turning data into actionable information
- Extracted data from SQL Server databases to answer business questions
- Analyzed data for discrepancies between systems or data feeds
- Drove projects to completion while meeting the customer’s needs
- Installed, configured and managed team SharePoint 2003 website portal
- Evaluated the possibility of using InfoPath for information gathering into SharePoint
- Started Green Belt (Six Sigma) certification
- Used ASP to develop a search tool that enabled internal customers to query the data themselves providing them dynamic information. An export to Excel was also included enabling the client to further manipulate the data themselves
- Created a web front end in ASP.NET for an Early Warning trend application. The front end enabled the user to enter control chart points which were fed into a database and used by the backend processes to generate the warnings to the correct users. The system heavily utilized six sigma concepts
- Used ASP, SQL, and Macromedia Generator to creating a dynamic charting application. This application was used to display trend charts for different business questions, such as showing the return rates for a specific server or commodity over a given time period. This application was rewritten in ASP.NET using Dundas Charts
- Managed all aspects of ISSG Quality & Customer Sat Group websites
- Provided server maintenance as required
- Kept the servers up-to-date with service packs, patches and general OS maintenance
- Maintained backups (of all servers used by our group) with Veritas backup
- Reviewed security issues making sure data is properly secured
Senior Web Developer
- Created dynamic database driven extranet sites with ASP and Cold Fusion
- Developed an extranet where clients were able to view their specific information
- Developed a management site where new information was added, files are uploaded, and information maintenance performed, created databases with access and SQL Server
- Programmed in VBScript (ASP) and Cold Fusion (CFML - Cold Fusion Markup Language)
- Used the Fuse Box methodology of Cold Fusion programming
- Administered IIS 4.0 and IIS 5.0 web servers, set up user accounts and added new extranet sites
- Setup databases containing content to be displayed
- Created a highly confidential attorney evaluation application in Cold Fusion which allowed partners to evaluate associates and was driven by an Informix database and had an administrative module that allowed select personnel to view which attorneys had completed their reviews and allowed modifications if necessary
- Responsible for troubleshooting Cold Fusion and ASP code
- Responsible for encouraging the use of Visual SourceSafe to maintain project files
- Assisted in Warren’s presence at the World Energy Trade show, generating international recognition
- Responsible for design, layout, HTML programming and navigation of the Warren Electric corporate website
- Consulted on features, content, navigation, and layout of the corporate site
- Promoted new technology and features to enhance user interaction and usability
- Used Photoshop 4 & 5 to created images and add effects for the corporate website
- Used Illustrator 7 & 8 for initial site layout and design
- Assembled website using Dreamweaver 2.0 and Home Site 4.0
- Created online seminar registration through the Warren website
- Updated corporate web site as deemed appropriate by management
- Developed ads with PageMaker 6.5 and Quark 4.0, as well as marketing themes
- Responsible for all corporate graphic design using Photoshop 5.0, Illustrator 8 and Quark 4.0
- Provided desktop support in a Windows NT 4.0 environment