- Over 7 years of experience in all phases of software development life cycle including functional & technical specification, documentation, test plan reviews, source control, development, deployment and maintenance
- Strong experience on retail, healthcare, energy, finance and media domain
- Have extensive experience in developing Web applications, Client-Server technology using C# .NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, C#, Visual Basic, .Net SharePoint Framework 2.0 with strong software engineering practices.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Skills.
- Conceptual understanding and implementation experience of using N-Tier Client/Server Architecture.
- Strong Background in SQL Server 2000 and SQL server 2005 with extensive knowledge from Database Designing, Database Maintenance to writing Stored Procedures, Writing Complex Queries, using triggers, views etc.
- Expertise in using ADO.NET objects.
- Extensively used various ASP.NET features like Caching, Session for State Management of Web Applications.
- Strong knowledge in XML applications.
- Experience working with Web-Services and .Net Remoting.
- Experience in Implementation of AJAX to improve user Experience.
- Good knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and XML Web services.
- Good knowledge on .Net Framework 3.5 and Silverlight 4
- Good Knowledge on building Master Pages and Cascading Style Sheets.
- Extensively used Validations Controls.
- Good Experience in configuring and managing IIS-Server.
- Significant experience in the UML techniques.
- Well versed with complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process which includes Designing, Developing, Testing and Implementation.
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, administrative, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent in quickly understanding any Business Process Logic and in adapting new technology as required.
- Equally effective in working independently as well as a team player with problem-solving and trouble-shooting capabilities.
Education: Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science
Certification: Microsoft certified technology specialist in Web Applications development.
Programming Languages C#, VB.Net, XML, XAML, CAML, T- SQL, VB Script, Java Script, C++, C
SharePoint Technologies Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007,2010 SharePoint Portal Server 2003, WSS 3.0/2.0, /3.5 SharePoint Designer
Web Technologies ASP.Net, HTML, DHTML, CSS
Database SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle, MySQL, Access
Middle ware XML Web services, WCF
Design Tools MS Visio, Rational Rose
Reporting Tool Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Services
IDE Visual Studio Team System, Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008.
Configuration Management Related MS Visual Source Safe 6.0/2005, PVCS, CVS
Office Technology Forms Server 2007,MS Office InfoPath 2007
Web Server IIS 5.0/6.0
Operating System Windows 98/2000/NT/XP/2003
Confidential, Charlotte, NC 09/2009-present
Project: Daily Balance Sheet and Reserve
Duke Energy is one of the largest electric power companies in the United States. It supplies and delivers energy to approximately 4 million U.S. customers, DBS gives senior managers daily balance sheet positions for all the units across the firm. It receives feeds from General Ledger and various sub ledgers (regional balance sheets) across the country and creates a unified balance sheet for the firm. It calculates cost to carry on assets/liabilities and distributes to various business units on daily basis.
Daily Reserve module helps business unit controllers in Duke Energy to deliver asset-based lending and reserves amounts more effectively and will allow the company to take command of its growth. Daily Reserve suite helps users to get a snapshot of their reserves at any given date.
- Designed and Developed Hyperion logon and authentication process using .Net framework.
- Developed Duke Energy Framework for accessing Essbase data using Hyperion .Net Objects, HABNet, EDS (Essbase Deployment Server). This is the first ever implementation of OLAP data fetching mechanism using .Net framework.
- Designed and developed Data write back mechanism to Hyperion Essbase OLAP Data base using .Net.
- Perform Bulk update to Oracle using ODP.Net.
- Extensively used XML, XSLT, and XPATH.
- Implemented AJAX Technologies in Input screens.
- Designed and Implemented XML SOAP Web services.
- Extensively used COM Interop dlls.
- Fetch data from various Data Sources and show them in same DataGrid using ADO.Net Dataset and DataTable.
- Involved in development of Data Base objects such as Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions, etc.
- Assign and track the task of team members using Team Foundation Server.
- Designed and developed a Monthly Calendar using Iframe and DHTML.
- Integrated various excel spreadsheets using VBA into the application.
- Used Share Point Designer 2007 for branding and customizing Share Point Server 2007 by modifying Master Pages.
- Designed and developed User Controls that works as presentation layer.
- Designed and implemented User Interface Layer using ASP.NET web forms.
- Designed and implemented Data access layer, using ADO.NET.
- Extensively Used OWC 10 Web components.
- Implemented Exception Handling in C#.
- Primarily responsible for maintaining, design, development and providing development support to the web application.
- Load balancing and multi-threading were implemented to gain optimal performance.
- Involved in the process of understanding and enhancing business logic to best suit the Clientís business need.
- Actively involved in user requirement gathering and detailed Architecture development of the application
- Configures system settings and options, plan and execute unit, integration and acceptance testing, and involved in updating specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
Environment: Microsoft Share Point Server 2007, Windows Share Point Services 3.0, Windows Server 2008, Share Point Designer 2007, InfoPath 2007, ASP .NET , C# , Visual Studio .NET 2008, MS SQL Server 2008, Silverlight 4, IIS 6.0, HTML, DHTML Visual Source Safe.
Confidential, FL 9/2008 Ė 08/2009
This Web portal application contains Programs and services for employer affinity and specialized groups. Programs include Group Life, Group Accident, Group Disability, Group Long Term Care, Specialty Medical, Dental, Vision, and Evidence of Insurability. The primary purpose of this project is to provide applications at agents' remote offices and to produce Insurance quotes for various plans to communicate with central office and to store and retrievse policies.
- Involved in developing pages in Employee Member portal and Employer/Account portal, developed Employee Registration, Employee profile, Account Maintenance and User Maintenance, Forgot password, Login User Controls.
- Used various .Net server controls like GridView, DetailsView, Repeater and Validation Controls.
- Written a Web Service to retrieve user profile from Active Directory in order to validate user authenticity.
- Code/design data access and business logic layer used throughout the application for transactional processing.
- Used both windows authentication and form authentication as it has both internal and external users.
- Heavily involved in developing custom web parts like Stock Quote, RSS Feed reader, Calculator, Registration Forms, Demo Request Forms, Quick Contact Forms.
- Created Stored Procedures for data manipulations in SQL Server 2005 database.
- involved in making use of Nhibernate in generating SQL from XMl files.
- Session state (session variables and session arrays) is used to roll on the data from page to page with in the session.
- Entire Web site is AJAX enabled, using MS ASP.Net AJAX Control toolkit implementing Update Panel, FilteredTextBoxExtender, AJAX Scroll on Demand, etc.
- Extensively used Master Pages, Themes and Cascading Style Sheets to have a uniform look and feel for the entire web site.
- Extensively made use of Nunit in unit testing to write the code in C#.
- Extensively involved in pre-testing the application and bug fixing.
Environment: SharePoint Portal Server 2003, MOSS 2007, Windows SharePoint services (WSS), ASP.Net, C #, SQL Server 2000/2005, VisualStudio.Net, IIS 5.0, FrontPage 2003, web services, Windows Server 2003
Confidential, May 2006-Aug 2008
Online Ordering System
The TRS-Rentelco Online Ordering System (TROOS) of TRS-Rentelco is aimed at providing Online Ordering Services for customers, who either wants to rent or purchase the equipment provided by the TRS-Rentelco. The users can search the items, select the items and keep them into the shopping cart, Check the availability of the items selected, Request for quotes and Place orders through the website. User can add or delete the items from the cart, or update the quantity also. This website allows the users to get registered and based on their history provides discounts to the customers. Users can also customize the items, by selecting various accessories and options provided by the system.
- Developed this application using Microsoft's .NET Framework technologies.
- Developed the Pages for Profile Submission, Credit Application, and Request for Quote and placing an order.
- Designed and developed the Active Cart for the users.
- Developing of SQL stored procedures, Views and triggers using SQL Server 2005.
- Created Web User Controls those contain both HTML and Server Side controls in the process of implementing them on multiple pages of the Application.
- Involved in writing Web Services, for sending Emails to the users and validating the Credit Card Number entered by the user.
- Implemented security by hashing the Password entered by the user, and storing only the hashed password in the database.
- Implemented state management using session, query string, cookies and view state.
- Used Master Pages and Themes to have a rich user interface.
- Customized the Calendar control for the user to choose the Shipment dates.
- Extensively used Caching for improving the performance of the web site.
- Extensively used Validation Controls, for validating the Web forms.
- Designed and Developed Web forms using ASP.NET Server Controls, DataGridviews, user controls for reusability.
- Using XSLT and XML created a SiteMap that provides high interactive functionality to the user to browse through different sections of the application.
- Involved in the development of Web layer with ASP.NET and business layer with VB.Net.
- Involved in writing test cases and performing Unit tests.
Environment: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, ASP.NET 2.0, VB.NET, Web Services,
Confidential, April 2005 to April 2006
PatchLink Scan is a complete stand-alone network-based scanning solution that performs a comprehensive external scan of all of the devices on your network, including servers, desktop computers, laptops, routers, printers, switches and more. By leveraging the powerful, yet easy to use PatchLink Scan, you are able to identify weaknesses before they are exploited. Vulnerability updates are securely downloaded to your server(s) from the PatchLink security repository PatchLink Scan sweeps the network to identify and inventory all network devices and prepare a comprehensive assessment scan Administrator evaluates assessments against vulnerability database and prepares executive, administrative and compliance reports. Itís one of the most successful projects in vulnerability management of the security patches.
- Development of new features and bug fixing for the old ones.
- Created and deployed XML Web Services using ASP.NET. Consumed Web Services in ASP.NET web applications.
- Developed GUIís using C#.
- Various custom controls were developed and used in the applications to avoid code duplication.
- All the applications use 3-tier architecture with .NET Remoting to connect between web servers and business tier.
- Provide extensive production support, and fix problems in a short span of time.
- Created complex business components in C#.NET using .NET Class Library assemblies while migrating and implementing them to address application infrastructure issues associated with building scalable enterprise level applications used by many clients.
- Design and development of Web Forms using C#, Java Script for the user interface using the Code behind Class technique.
- Created the database objects like Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Cursors in Oracle 9i using PL/SQL.
- Used C# and ADO.NET to define and implement secure middle-tier components using both connected and disconnected environment strategies.
- Implemented Exception handling in C#.
- Used ADO.NET to access the database. Use of Dataset, DataReader objects.
- Developed and conducted unit integration test
Environment: ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, SSIS, SQL Server 2005,Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft Visio, Java Script, XML WebServices, HTML, .NET 2.0.
Confidential, Oct2004-March 2005
The goal of the project was to create an information system that would keep and process data for depositors and loan members of all the branches. All data held in one central database fast access & a single source to support analysis and address all possible questions. Data would be stored in a secured environment. The project has a flexible architecture to support specific rules and workflows. This project helps the smooth transaction of the business process
- Developed user controls and custom controls.
- Used ADO.NET to access the SQL Server 2000 database.
- Design and Creation of SQL Server 2000 Database Objects.
- Created tables, keys, stored procedures in the database.
- Participated in the planning, analysis, and design of the project.