Demonstrated history of collaborating with clients and internal teams to provide solutions within budgetary parameters and project deadlines. Expertise in programming, troubleshooting and debugging, and process improvements. Proactive with the ability to prioritize many projects simultaneously.
Programming: .NET (MVC, C#, ASP.NET, Entity Framework, Web API) ColdFusion (4.5 - 10)
Database: Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, stored procedures, performance and optimization)
Tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse, Team Foundation Server, SVN
Specialty Skills: Database Design, SQL Performance and Optimization
Cloud Services: Azure
- Using a variety of technologies (Microsoft .NET, ColdFusion, Microsoft SQL Server) designing, developing, testing, and maintaining complex business applications including a Case Management System and Evaluation and Monitoring System.
- Completed database design, data layer, and service layer for mobile survey application to run on Azure.
- Architected and built dynamic evaluation web application.
- Architected reporting system designed to offload reports from existing application, resulting in improved performance and reduced server load for all applications.
- Developed tools and scripts to automate tasks, reduce development time for changes, and speed up testing time allowing deployment of new changes efficiently.
- Refactored design and stored procedures of reporting database (SQL Server 2008/2012) to improve performance of reports.
- Reduced long running reports with maximum run time of reports of 25 minutes to a maximum 7 minutes.
- Reduced the number of reports taking over 60 seconds from 13% to less than 1%. More than 90% of reports complete in 10 seconds or less.
- Team lead and SCRUM master on multiple teams.
- Mentored team with new tools, best practices, performance, and optimization improvements.
- Spearheaded move to a DevOps and automation culture.
- Developed and maintained complex student driven multimedia education-related websites.
- Maintained web servers and deployed hotfixes.
- Developed and maintained multimedia social networking sites for a diverse global audience.
- Designed and developed dynamic email template for marketing.
- Integrated site with web services.
Senior Software Consultant
- Led development and documentation of complex data migration strategy from SQL Server 6 to SQL Server 2000, including normalizing 25 million rows and data from 1959.
- Performed complex data analysis on existing data to determine data cleanup needs, as well as developed SQL scripts to complete extensive data cleanup routines.
- Wrote extensive documentation for requirements, testing, workflows and processes, and data analysis.
- Using a variety of technologies (ColdFusion, MS SQL Server, Oracle Database, JSP/Servlets, Rational Robot, E-Test Suite, WinRunner/LoadRunner) designed, developed, tested, and maintained many web applications.
- Led several projects.
- Promoted from Consultant 1 through Senior Consultant during tenure.