- PMP Certified, decisive, result - oriented professional with over 9 years of experience in the IT industry as a Project Manager, Sr. Business Analyst and Scrum Master in domains like Supply chain visibility, Infrastructure and Banking, with over 5 years of experience in Project Management.
- Extensive experience in Requirement gathering, Analysis, Planning, Development, Testing and Project Management for highly visible service oriented customer focused IT projects. Worked with the Project Manager and the PMO in Product Development and Application Delivery
- Highly motivated and organized professional, with hard work and dedication to achieve set targets and meet consumer and stakeholder demands. Proven skills in the use of project management tools, methodologies and techniques. Experience in different SDLC methodologies like Waterfall and Agile-Scrum.
- Exhibited proficiency in various elicitation techniques like conducting Interviews, As-Is and To-Be analysis, and Job shadowing. Facilitated meetings like JAD sessions, Focus groups and Requirements workshops. Excellent technical writing, communicating and interpersonal skills. Involved in projects with various team structures and sizes.
- Demonstrated documentation and analytic acumen by authoring artifacts like Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business Requirements Document (BRD), Business Process Reengineering (BPR), Impact Assessment, Cost-Benefit Analysis, and SWOT Analysis.
- Managed and delivered 2 award winning web applications, in time and under budget.
- Efficiently handled infrastructure migration with a team of 45, located across 7 different locations. Efficiently managed the communication and collaboration amongst the team to timely deliver the products.
- Highly skilled in application development through Scrum methodology. Proven track record of performance as a Scrum Master and as an Agile Project Manager in Agile PLM. Participated in organization wide forum to disseminate Scrum adoption experience.
- Oversaw the Scrum ceremonies and facilitated the process of estimation of user stories by techniques like Planning Poker and prioritization techniques like MoSCoW and Relative Weighting.
- Incorporated Scrum best practices like TDD, Continuous Integration and Testing. Coached the team to adapt new strategies by way of Agile games and interesting Retrospective techniques.
- Skillful in team management, conflict resolution, scheduling, mentoring and problem solving.
- Proactively participated in the testing phase, involved in creation of Test Plans and Test Cases. Took part and supervised Black box Testing, System and Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Years of experience and understanding in Data Mapping, Data Modelling, UML Modelling and creating ER diagrams. Knowledge in implementing a Data Warehouse from the planning phase to implementation.
- Involved in the Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) activities and worked with Data Marts and ODS to generate user-needed reports.
- Having the know-how of web technologies like SOA Framework, Ajax, SOAP, Web services, WSDL, REST, MVC and three tier architecture.
- Proven ability to utilize necessary tools for Project management and Progress tracking. Experience in using various tools for activity specific phases to enhance collaboration and cognizance.
- Experience in capacity planning, estimating, scheduling, risk planning, team leadership, interfacing with executive management, issue resolution, scope and defect tracking, prioritization, handling team dynamics, performing staff appraisals, interviewing, and hiring
- Managed Executive level communications, updated product dashboards, reports and newsletters on the project progress and had periodic status updates with the Senior Management to keep them informed.
- Coordinated and facilitated mentoring and knowledge sharing sessions and the use of Knowledge banks to encourage code re-use.
Requirement and Modelling Tools: MS Team Foundation Server, JIRA, Rally, MS Visio, Mockup Screens, Wireframes, Axure RP Pro 6.5, InVision
Waterfall, Agile: Scrum
Project Management and Business Skills: Impact Analysis, Change Management, SWOT Analysis, JAD Sessions, Project Planning, Project Scheduling, Cost and Time estimation, Quality Assurance and Project Budgeting
Project Management Tools: MS SharePoint 2007, 2010, MS Project
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2, 2012, MS Access, Oracle 11g
Testing Tools: HP QC v10.0, Load Runner, Fiddler, Selenium
Informatica, SQL Server Data Tools: Business Intelligence, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS, IBM Data Stage, Tableau Desktop, Spotfire, MS Office Suite
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Help achieve awareness and data dissemination through the applications to reach the target audience by increasing the page visits by more than 200% to over 1.5M sessions a month.
- Introduced, coached, and facilitated the software development team to self-organize and deliver quality products using the Agile-Scrum methodology and related ceremonies.
- Hired resources and facilitated the IT department in upgrading the Data Warehouse and connected Database to adhere to mandated rules.
- Consulted Business experts and Subject Matter Experts to gather required data from various sources. Designed database schema to handle efficient data updates in the future.
- Conducted and facilitated all the Scrum Ceremonies like Daily Stand-up, Grooming, Planning, Review and Retrospective meetings. Continually strived to improve the efficiency of the 7-member development team by removing the impediments.
- Conducted interviews and meetings with the Business Users and Subject Matter Experts to gather constantly changing inputs. Prioritized the Product Backlog to deliver the best possible product at the end of a very conservative deadline.
- Successfully managed the financial health of projects by tracking hours and expenditures, monitoring risks, anticipating changes, and proposing solutions to minimize overage.
- Planned and executed Acceptance Testing along with Continuous Integration and Testing. Efficient planning and management resulted in defect free deployment to Production.
- Engaged stakeholder interest through the entire project to receive feedback to deliver quality product.
- Assisted the Product Owner in aligning the business needs and prioritizing the Product Backlog by using Relative Weighting.
- Advised the Scrum Masters and encouraged the use of Scrum Best Practices and Estimation techniques like Planning Poker.
- Used Information Radiators along with the standard Scrum tool Team Foundation Server (TFS) to communicate project status and relevant information for stakeholders.
- Facilitated Sprint Review Meetings to effectively capture the changes requested by the stakeholders and communicated with them about their implementation.
- Proactively planned staffing and made dynamic adjustments to ensure project success.
- Worked with Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters and Project Managers of different teams with various levels of maturity to influence cultural change throughout the organization to adopt Scrum and its best practices. The forum also provided an opportunity to express challenges, opportunities and constraints.
Environment: and Tools: Scrum, MS Project, MS Team Foundation Server 2015, MS Visual Studio 2015, InVision, MS SQL Server 2014.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Interacted with various stakeholders and LOB users to identify data resources to collate necessary details about data inputs to the envisioned system.
- Performed SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit analysis and Feasibility Study analysis and authored artifacts for the same.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD). Prepared Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Risk Management Worksheet, Project Communication Plan and Change Management Plan.
- Conducted BRD review sessions with stakeholders to get sign-offs.
- Used HP Quality Center to manage requirements and allot work to the development team according to the WBS.
- Created detailed Use Case Document, Sequence Diagrams. Created Entity Relationship Model and Conceptual Data Models. Elicited the required options for on screen report viewing.
- Created Data Flow Diagrams and performed Data Profiling.
- Created Data Map to integrate the data about HS Completion and Post-grad plans to the existing Oracle Database
- Managed the integration of the newly developed module to the existing web application in a seamless manner.
- Participated in creating Test Plans, Test scenarios and Test Cases. Used HP QC throughout the project to log and address defects.
- Participated in Smoke testing, Black Box testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created Post completion surveys and documented the findings, which were the used to prepare a Post Implementation report.
Environment: and Tools: Waterfall, JAVA, Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle 11g, HP QC, HP LoadRunner, MS Office Suite, Teradata TD13
Project Lead / Sr. Business Analyst
- Performed extensive requirement gathering and documented the findings from 7 different geographically located branches.
- Represented requirements in various UML diagrams like Sequence and Activity Diagrams.
- Worked with the PMO to draft a Project Plan and collaborated with the Project Manager to come up with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Worked with the Infrastructure team of UBS to generate Active Directory reports to manage Users and Groups and Group Policy.
- Documented the requirements through Stakeholder Interviews and Requirements Workshop. Created artifacts like High Level Design Document (HLD) and Detailed Design Specification (DDS).
- Served as the primary Point of Contact (PoC) for the onsite team and coordinated with the team to enhance collaboration.
- Involved in creating Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Process Checklists and Workflows. The checklist helped in reducing the amount of re-work by 15%.
- Worked with the development team to create a Repackaging Tracker to keep track of the status of the applications at any point of time. The system was developed using MS SQL Server 2008.
- Generated reports and conducted weekly status meetings to keep the PMO updated with the progress of the deliverables.
- Involved in Quality Assurance testing and Black box testing to meet the standards set by the client.
- Facilitated the user with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Pilot testing. Communicated with the stakeholders and end users to interpret the errors faced in UAT and communicated accordingly.
- Worked with the users during Pilot and obtained Sign-off after regressions.
- Handled resource allocation throughout the project lifecycle. This also included initial resource onboarding.
- Worked with the technical team to prepare a detailed Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and incorporated changes in the process to improve turnaround time.
- Mentored offshore teams located in 3 development centers about the standards and process flow to keep the outcome uniform across teams.
- Created extensive Knowledge artifacts after project closure and created Lessons Learnt document for future OS migration projects.
Environment: and Tools: Waterfall, WISE Packaging Studio, Flexera Admin Studio, VB Script, WISE Script, Windows XP, Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS Office Suite, MS Visio
SharePoint Developer / Business Analyst
- Participated in all the phases of the SDLC.
- Created Feasibility Analysis Report and Migration plans with Technical Architect and created UML Class diagrams using MS Visio.
- Worked on creating backups to the live databases to have a smooth transition during migration.
- Created Site Collection, Content types and Content Database specific for different modules.
- Developed various Out of the Box (OOTB) web parts including Data View Web part, List View Web part and Custom Web part to embed onto web pages.
- Worked to setup MOSS environment to use multiple authentication model to include authentication through ADFS.
- Utilized InfoPath 2007 form services to allow users to fill the information and attach the work flow with Document list.
- Created and configured content review/approval for all content types.
- Customized Master Pages, Page layouts and custom navigation menus to follow uniform branding of the company.
- Handled user/group accounts in ADFS and granted permissions accordingly.
Environment: and Tools: Waterfall, .Net Framework 3.0, MOSS 2007, SharePoint Designer 2007, InfoPath 2007, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in Requirement Gathering, Design, Development and Testing of the different modules.
- Designed and developed Class Diagrams using UML methodology.
- Used ASP.Net for the front end and C# in the Data Access Layer to write validation objects for the web application.
- Designed and developed database. Created Stored Procedures and Triggers using SQL Server 2005.
- Used ADO.net objects like Data Reader, Data Adapter and Data Set for accessing data from the Database.
- Performed unit testing and documented the results. Involved in the maintenance phase for error identification and bug fixing.
- Maintained traceability matrix to keep track of requirements and development using MS Excel. Also used MS Excel to report the progress using Pivot tables and Macros.