- Over Eight Years of Business Analyst experience.
- Solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling and Analysis, design documentation.
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirement gathering, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment.
- Well versed with Joint Application Development method, Rational Unified Process, have knowledge of Rapid Application development and Agile Application development methods.
- Expertise in Analysis and Review of Software and Business Requirement Documents.
- Experienced in performing Business Process Reengineering/Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Managed complex business initiatives to balance requirements for functionality, efficiency and quality.
- Excellent knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) transaction, code set rules such as EDI 837,270,271,276,277,834,835 and ICD9-ICD10.
- Experienced with Rational tools like ReqPro, Clearquest, ClearCase, Rational soda, Rational Rose.
- Experienced working in Medicare and Medicaid projects.
- Expertise with ISO, Six Sigma, CMM standards.
- Exceptional Documentation Skills for writing Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents.
- Expertise in creating Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams (DFD), Sequence diagrams, State diagrams based on UML Methodology and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect/Rational Rose.
- Conducted JAD Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Good Knowledge of Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Cases for Functional, System, Integration, UAT, and Regression Testing based on the Design Document and User Requirement Document for the Functional, Security, and Performance Testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Extensive expertise in databases like Oracle, SQL.
- Strengths include quick learner, problem-solving capability, and ability to work as team player and lead the teams.
- Consistently demonstrated ability to achieve tight deadlines.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Operating Systems: Win 98/XP/Vista/Windows 7, UNIX, LINUX, Mac.
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, HTML, XML, C#, VB, ASP, .Net
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL server, MS Access, IBM DB2
Tools: MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, Power point, Project, Visio, Front Office, Rational Rose, SoDA, Software Modeler, Team Test, Doors, PROLOG, Clearcase, Clearquest, WinRunner, LoadRunner, WebSphere, Business Modeler, HP Quality Centre, Ultra Edit, TOAD and Test Director, MMIS.
Industry Standards: HIPAA, SOX, ISO, Six Sigma, CMM.
Confidential, Lincoln, NEAugust 2010 – Present
(Sr. BA Analyst)
The project involved Up-gradation of HIPAA 4010 to 5010 and ICD 9 to ICD 10 . Development of Opportunity Discovery document of 270/271 DEERS data match Transaction
- Involved in the successful Implementation phase of HIPAA 5010 Project.
- Involved in HIPAA EDI transactions such as 835, 837 (P, D, I) 276/ 277, 278,270/271
- Responsible for Documentation and Gathering of Requirements of 276/277 Claim status Request and Response and MCCS Claim search Screens.
- Created Test cases and Test scripts for POA edits .MCCS and 276/277 Transactions.
- Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance testing and documented detailed results. Provided input (scope, goals, risks, constraints, timelines and interfaces) to PM for project planning and control.
- Responsible in collecting and Documentation of POA edits Requirements for 837I Transaction.
- Worked in mainframe environment .
- Involved in the development of the opportunity discovery document of 270/271 DEERS Data Match transaction.
- Facilitated Scrum methodology for the gathering of requirements.
- Responsible for gap analysis in changing old MMIS and Involved in testing new MMIS.
- Actively analyzed current business processes (Claims, Recipient eligibility and enrollment etc.) and worked with management to improve and implement enterprise solutions to ensure compliance.
- Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance testing and documented detailed results.
- Analyzing the Trading Partner Testing files on 270/271 and 837 I.P,D files and sending the Feedback form.
- Studied the existing business process and created AS-IS workflow to illustrate the existing system.
- Responsible for the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from gap analysis, mapping, implementation and testing for Medicaid Claims .
- Working within a growing knowledge of X12 4010 HIPAA 837 I, P, D, 835, 834, 820, 270, 271, 276, 277, 278, EDI, Privacy, Security, and Medicaid.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) document, User Requirement Specification (URS) and Change Request (CR) document for system application development.
- Provided management support to the off-shore End to End Integration / Regression Test Team
- Prepared UAT Materials UAT Test Cases to include various steps involved for UAT and to have proper coverage of requirements
- Involved in integration of various Customer Data Sources and provided Data Mapping from various sources into the target centralized customer data source with help of Erwin team.
- Acted as a Subject Matter Expert on Application knowledge for preparing training presentation, Quick Reference Guides and assisting with any issues/questions that arose from training
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
Confidential, Memphis, TN (Jan09–Aug 2010)
Sr. Business Analyst
First Tennessee Bank is a Memphis-based regional bank with 200 business locations in 16 U.S. states, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. The bank provides various financial services to a customer base that includes consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments. I was involved in a project Customer Image Statement Application (CISA). Project was to create an application that would enable customers to request copies of payments of their customers for particular period of time. Bank has huge number of clients that come under retail, even though customers have full access to payment information made by their respective customers there is a need of bulk payment information for accounting, bookkeeping and future references.
- Interact with the project team to define system objectives and scope, and identify constraints and the measures of success for the system to be developed
- Conducted user interviews and JAD sessions to get an understanding of client business process
- Gathered primary input/output requirements and modeled the processes using Rational Rose
- Gathered data requirements for the system by interacting with the users and data administrators
- Gathered functional requirements from users and management (SMEs)
- Regularly update return on investment (ROI), cost benefit analysis, and net present value
- Responsible for creating the Business Requirements Specification Document (BRD) and the Functional Specifications Document (FSD)
- Designed Business Process Model (Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Collaboration diagrams)
- Ensured application forms and reports (UI) followed client’s development standards and guidelines in terms of usage, naming conventions etc
- Created the End-User Documentation
- Created analytical risk models for brokerage securities (CMBS, RMBS) that estimate future credit risk, market risk, inflationary risk, interest rate risk, currency risk and losses at the account level for all existing and prospective financial products.
- Conducted workshops for internal users (processors, underwriters etc.) to provide training
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines
- Provided hands-on project schedule management using MS Project during the various stages of the project
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation related to the project including scope document, vision document, functional specification document, defect status report, risk analysis document, mitigation plans, supplementary requirements specification document and impact analysis document
- Managed all the requirements in Requisite Pro, making requirements available to all team members
- Developed reports, charts and graphs to analyze critical data using MS SSRS, OBIEE
- Designed the test plan and worked with the QA team to implement and monitor the entire QA process,
Environment: Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, MS Project, HTML, Windows, MS SSRS, MS SQL Server 2005, MS Office Suite
Confidential, NJ JUL 2007– NOV 2008
Jersey Mortgage is one of the pioneers in the residential mortgage industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They tailor financing based on your personal profile including factors like your current income, future earning, and credit history and how long you plan to keep the property. The project involved the creation of an online pre-approval application, while allowing the clients to view their mortgage quote.
- Analyzed operating procedures and policies on an ongoing basis and recommend and implement improvement plans where appropriate
- Understood core processes of the departments to provide input on re-engineering or streamlining opportunities
- Met with client groups to determine user requirements and goals
- Utilized Agile Unified Process (AUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level User requirements
- Development of standard documentation package (Requirements, Specification, Design, Operations and Quality Testing Plans)
- Conducted JAD sessions to facilitate discussion between the different users to resolve issues and come to an agreement
- Interviewing Subject Matter experts (SME) and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people
- Set up definitions and process for Test phases including product test, integration test, and system test. Work to fully implement test phase entry and exit quality criteria, standard test reporting metrics and standard test artifacts
- Created different Traceability views to maintain the Trace ability of the requirements using the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Performed System Testing to ensure that the compiled software components of the Applications adhere to Project Standards, Performance Criteria and Functional specifications.
- Frequently updated the requirement and defect status as per the current status of the testing project in the Gemini
Environment: AUP, VB 6.0, JAVA, SQL Server 2000, Microsoft NT, Story Cards, Microsoft IIS and Crystal Reports
Confidential, Nashville, TN AUG 06 – JUN 07
Business System Analyst
Central Parking System is the leader in professional parking management. With offices in all major metropolitan areas in the United States, the Company operates more than 2,500 parking facilities containing 1.2 million spaces. The Company's clients include some of the nation’s largest owners and operators of mixed-use projects, office buildings, hotels, stadiums and arenas as well as airports, hospitals and municipalities.
- Assisted PM in setting realistic project expectations and assessing impact on the plans and organization using MS Project
- Extracted the business requirements from the stakeholders keeping in mind their need for the application and documented them using Rational ReqPro.
- Implemented the entire Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities.
- Elicited, analyzed, documented and communicated requirements feeding into deliverables including but not limited to scope, cost, schedule and risk management for upgrade and maintenance of system.
- Agile delivery of software using practices from Scrum.
- Consulted to Project-Management in implementing an agile development process based on Scrum.
- Analyzed business requirements, performed gap analysis and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases and Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose, thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study.
- Developed the business anomalies workarounds and described them in documentation and presented the matter to the upper management for review.
- Developed non-functional requirements and documented them as Business Rules, Quality attributes and constraint documents.
- Develop complex ad hoc SQL scripts to monitor various initiatives, analyze data, locate data infractions, and develop reports.
- Performed requirements analysis, lead systems testing effort and served as support escalation point.
- Effective communication made possible between the developers and the end-clients to guarantee that development efforts were within the scope of the project and the development was as expected.
- Held regular JAD meetings with the system architects, developers, database developers, quality testers during the entire project to assure that the critical as well as the minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.
- Facilitated smooth transition of the project from the project environment to the live environment.
- Worked with QA lead in validating Test Plan and Test Scenarios.
- Used Mercury Quality Center for tracking Defects and tracing requirement functionality performances.
- Using FrontPage and SharePoint, helped develop certain portions for the project.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Assisted Business User during deployment in formulating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for customized application and getting confirmation for product Release
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP), SQL, Oracle, UML, Dreamweaver, Rational Test Manager, WinRunner, Rational Clear Quest, Windows, MS Office, HTML.
Confidential, Jan 06-JUL 06
Project Description: TennCare is a government-operated medical assistance program designed for people who are eligible for Medicaid, as well as for some children who do not have insurance. TennCare is a Medicaid waiver, or demonstration, program. Its purpose is to demonstrate that the use of managed-care principles can generate sufficient savings to enable the state to cover more than Medicaid eligible people.
TennCare provides health coverage for 1.2 million low-income children, pregnant women and disabled Tennesseans with an annual budget of $7 billion. The project was all about to develop a software that check that if the person is eligible or not, processing Medicaid request forms, Medicaid claims, check if funds available and also help staff into looking each costumers data to check eligibility of costumer for the Medicaid and help them best as possible./
- Gathered Business Requirements. Interacted with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Responsible for the full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from gap analysis, mapping, implementation and testing for TennCare processing of Medicaid Claims.
- Resposible for gap analysis in changing old MMIS and Involved in testing new MMIS.
- Developed gap analysis document, logical and physical design and remediation plan for State.
- Responsible for mapping documents, creation of test plan, test scenarios, test cases for unit, system and system integration testing.
- Worked with business owners, content staff, IT and other stakeholders in creating a content management solution for managing the information in the supplier portal using WebSphere Application Server.
- Built and customized SoDA for Word templates and extract information from information sources such as RequisitePro and Rose, and created a highly automated system for handling approvals, exceptions and priorities.
- Used the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to build the different phases of Software development life cycle
- Created Project management plans for managing on time delivery using MS Project along with writing test cases, unit and systems integration test plans in WinRunner and used LoadRunner to check if application works fine with load.
Environment: OO Modeling, Web Sphere, Rational RequisitePro, Rational Rose, Rational SoDA, RUP, UML, Load Runner, MS-Project, MS Visio, Java, MS Office, Windows XP.
Confidential, India. Sept 03– Dec 05
HSBC Bank is the largest regional banking organization. The project was to design and develop a self-contained product that obtained data from a variety of existing insurance premium processing systems and insurance databases. As a business analyst, I worked with Application Infrastructure Team and consulted with clients regarding their software applications requirements.
- Prepared Logical Process Models that contained diagrams for supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Conducted extensive impact and GAP analysis sessions with team members and management to evaluate the current processes Vs the new application and expose enhancements to be made in the TO-BE models.
- Configure federal budget and financial system based funds and distribution business process decision.
- Prepare requirement of configuration analysis documents for the implication of enterprise level funds.
- Review and configure the current and new business process requirements which are related to the funds management and distribution.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, Subject Matter Experts, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Used power point presentations for conduction walkthroughs with the stakeholders.
- Analyzed research on operational procedures and methods and recommend changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Assisted in presenting reports and analysis to help guide the management
- Used prototypes to demonstrate and verify the behavior of the system
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, Dreamweaver, Rational Test Manager, Windows, MS Office, HTML, Windows.