- A scrum master, Agile coach, and scrum 'servant - leader' with a track record of timely project implementations. Fostered congenial team dynamics, bridged communication gaps between technology teams and business stakeholders, and resolved project/team conflicts
- Over 9years of experience as an Agile Coach and Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Program consultant (SPC)
- Expertise in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) and BA/QA Life Cycle.
- Extensive experience in working closely with Product owners, Directors, Implementation Managers and VPs in client facing roles.
- Proficient at team leadership and comprehensive Agile project planning, for start-ups and also well-established companies.
- Experience in using tools like Rally, Jira, TFS (Team Foundation Server), RTC (Rational Team Concert), MS Project and MS Excel to generate various reports about team performance and metrics for the executive management
- Experienced in Scrum, Agile, RUP, Lean, Kanban, SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), Hybrid and Waterfall best practices
- Prepared complex project plans using MS Project.
- Prepared and presented PMO status updates to the Executive Management and steering committee every week
- Excellent knowledge of PI planning, Agile Release Train engineering and large-scale scrum
- Expert in working with MS Word, PowerPoint, Rally, TFS, Visio, Excel, MS CRM, ClearCase, QTP and MS Project.
- Proficient in driving organization wide agile adoption, TDD, BDD, Pair programming, removing impediments, fostering self-management and facilitating timeboxed Scrum ceremonies; Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review, Retrospective, Backlog grooming
- Managed project budget, scope of work, various business and IT stakeholders, resources, quality and timeline of the project from inception through closure.
- Expertise in preparing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test scripts and Traceability Matrix with extensive experience in manual and automated testing.
- Experience in conducting various tests such as functional, regression, integration, back end testing, system testing and User Acceptance testing. Expert in conducting UAT.
- Proficient in using Test Management Tools such as Test Director, Quality Centre, Rational Test Manager and Microsoft Test Manager for Test Planning, Requirement Management, Defect tracking and Reporting.
- Experienced in Onshore Offshore coordination, Walkthroughs, Defect Reviews, Change and Enhancement Request Management, Strategy Planning, Go No-Go meetings.
- Possess good communication skills, self-motivated, proactive, task and idea oriented and can quickly adapt to new technologies/processes/ methodologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment managing detailed work on multiple work streams.
- Coached and mentored the entire organization about Agile methodology and TFS usage and brought them up to speed in a few weeks, as this was the first Agile project for Genomic Health. Served as the Agile Subject Matter Expert for the organization.
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate and contribute to a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and work with diverse and geographically dispersed teams.
- Energetic and passionate self-starter that brings interpersonal skills, problem solving, and analytical skills to the team.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to learn adapt and implement new technologies and processes as situation requires.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile- SCRUM, Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid, SAFe.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS
Database/ ETL: MS Access, Oracle DB, SQL Server, Informatica- Power Center, SSIS, Erwin.
Defect Tracking/ Testing Tools: HPUFT, Load Runner, Cucumber, JIRA, Test Director, Soap UI, Gherkin.
Data Warehousing: Data Modelling, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Roll Up/Drill Down, Pivot
Business Modelling Tools: MS Visio, Balsamiq, Lucid Chart.
Reporting/ BI: Tableau, SSRS, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Power BI
Big Data Analytics (Hadoop): Apache Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Atlas, Ambari, Zeppelin, Mahout
Language: HTML, XML, SQL, JSON
Confidential, Little Rock. Arkansas
Senior Scrum Master/Agile Coach
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product owner and development team to groom product backlog and ensure acceptance criteria are agreed upon and stories are ready for sizing.
- Provide expertise in identifying iterative process improvements and methods to streamline adoption of the agile- Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint deliverables maintaining the momentum of the project and upholding a sustainable pace of delivery.
- Build a collaborative, trusting and safe environment where open communication helps to bring issues to the surface for faster resolution.
- Conduct scrum ceremonies; Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review and Retrospective.
- Ensured the team adhered to scrum and facilitated scrum events; daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Delivered effective methods and practices for managing and resolving impediments.
- Helped teams or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Assisted with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Protected development team from outside distractions & efficiently removed impediments either technical or otherwise in a timely fashion.
- Ensured that Scrum framework is utilized in a manner consistent with the corporate framework.
- Extensively used Central Agile (Rally) and Jira to track User Story Hierarchy
- Manage escalations, impediments, risks, and challenges associated with scrum team and product development
- Support the Product Owner in maintaining the Product Backlog and keeping product backlog items in order of priority Proficient in documenting EPIC (User Stories), Acceptance Criteria, and User Story Documentation.
- As a Scrum Master for two separate Agile Scrum teams and Agile Coach for one Kanban team (22+ people), identified process changes required accelerating development and removing major impediments.
- Provided business agility coaching for Scrum, Kanban, and non-Agile teams
- Strong understanding and experience in SAFe environment.
- Advocate for the usage of project methodologies EPMO established for project management purposes.
- Created dashboards that track and display Sprint Key Performance Indicators (KPI) metrics/information radiator/BVC charts including Burn down charts, Burn Up charts’ impediments board, Blocker Board and task boards.
- Assisted with multiple client vendors’ internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Tracked data from the spring process and report regularly to facilitate understanding of where we are and want can be improved on.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Jira, SAFe, Share Point, MS office suite, MS SQL server, Confluence, MS Visio, Documentum, Windows, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Business Objects, TestDirector, LoadRunner.
Confidential, Springfield, Missouri
Senior Scrum Master/ Agile Coach
Roles & Responsibilities
- Facilitate offshore teams in different geographical areas
- Escalate issues to the management and seek timely resolution
- Ensure task completion with delivery of features and business value to customer
- Facilitate the daily stand up, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective and other meeting as required by the team
- Facilitate discussion during backlog grooming and sprint planning to achieve user story size and development plan respectively
- Assisted with the entry and management of stories, objectives and story point estimation
- Organized and facilitated all scrum ceremonies (sprint planning daily scrum meetings, sprints, sprint reviews).
- Provided recommendations to team on how to increase effectiveness and efficiency with a keen eye on process improvement opportunities.
- Provided support to the team using servant leadership and kept team focused on the Sprint and achieving Sprint goals.
- Facilitated Scrum ceremonies like Release Planning Meetings, Backlog/Grooming Refinement Sessions, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum Meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Meetings for each sprint in Agile Scrum Methodology as a Scrum Master. Also did training sessions for the team as an Agile Coach.
- Serving and supporting the product owner and the development team with the user story reviews, product backlogs grooming, prioritizing the sprint items and guiding the QA team for the quality and the End to end testing best practices.
- Worked as an Agile Scrum Master consultant where Scrum, Kanban techniques were applied together with SAFe principles.
- Created dashboard status reporting to meet the needs of senior management and my Kanban teams
- Coaching and guiding the scrum teams to practice the scrum best practices and values, meeting the delivery commitments.
- Usage of Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing programming, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Experience leading the testing teams in Agile Scrum and expert in testing and coordinating the digital marketing promotion teams.
- Captured and reported team performance metrics.
- Ensured task completion to specifications, on time and within budget.
- Designed and implemented service-oriented architecture (SOA) frameworks using
- Worked collaboratively with enterprise architecture team to ensure that the proposed solution is aligned with enterprise architecture direction.
- Coordinate implementation and solution architecture for application enhancements.
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to team members.
- Design Architecture workflow for N-tier applications and implemented re-usable components.
Environment: Agile Methodology, Scrum, SAFe, Jira, UML, MS Excel, SQL Server, MS Visio, Balsamiq2.2, Apache Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Storm, HBase, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Atlas, Ambari, Zeppelin
Confidential, Owings Mills, Maryland
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take initiative and act as a leader to foster collaboration and communication between team members in addressing and escalating project risks and issues.
- Support solicitation of input and feedback from Development and Business teams after each Sprint.
- Protect team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on sprint goal
- Partner with the Product Owner to ensure backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the sprints.
- Facilitated Sprint Planning meetings, Daily scrum, sprint review, product backlog refinement meetings and sprint retrospective meetings
- Attended PI planning workshops to discuss the epics and features and facilitated system demo, inspect and adapt workshops for future PIs and Release Management meetings.
- Helped the POs to write and split User stories, breakdown Epics.
- Used JIRA to maintain product backlog and sprint backlog and to create and track user stories, Sprint planning, tracking and managing sprints, created Scrum and Kanban boards, status reports and burn down charts, Velocity reports
- Confluence was used to maintain project documents such as project plans, project scope, architecture documents, test plans, status reports, sprint retrospectives, Biweekly sprint Review decks and demos
- Organized and Facilitated Scrum of Scrum meetings twice weekly to tracks dependencies and blockers across domain teams and resolve them.
- Tracked team progress by creating sprint burndown charts and Release burndown charts
- Identify, own and remove impediments for team daily.
- Reach out to the organization network to remove impediments before they become blockers.
- Improve transparency by publishing agile metrics with velocity chart, sprint burndown, scrum board, and release burndown charts
- Encourage refactoring to incrementally refine design and reduce technical debt. Drive significant organization change across agile team to support agile development
- Promote cross function to ensure task completion and delivery of features
- Coordinate with other Agile teams to resolve cross-team issues and resolve dependencies
- Communicate status, risks, barriers to relevant stakeholders and leadership
- Coach team to self-organize and cross function to boost productivity
- Coach a continuous improvement mindset, recommend adjustments to established delivery practices and advocate transparency, team work, and creativity
Environment: Agile, Windows Vista, Microsoft Project, MS Access, Business Objects, MS Visio, SQL, MS Excel, Oracle, Java, Rational Suite, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Track metrics of team velocity, productivity and use the metrics to help the team improve.
- Defined project scope and objectives through internal project management methodologies.
- Coordinate Hybrid IT Project Teams from implementation-thru-delivery of complex infrastructure projects leveraging SDLC processes against Waterfall and Agile projects.
- Establish effective communication for the department with consistency across development and business management. Presentations, recommendations and updates provided.
- Coordinate offshore teams in different geographical places.
- Ensured task completion to specifications, on time and within budget.
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and coaching the team for higher levels of maturity.
- Cultivate robust and sustainable working relationships between business and technology teams to foster a collaborative environment.
- Promote and evangelize Agile across the organization and coach individuals and teams to embrace agile mindset.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement to enhance effectiveness and play active role in organization agile transformation.
- Organize and facilitate Backlog Grooming, Scrum Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective.
- Delivering quality, defect free functionalities to the system Integration and meeting business requirements.
- Participate in Scrum of Scrum to provide updates on progress, impediments and collaboration with other team.
- Coordinating offsite/onsite teams for better quality control.
- Work closely with Product Owners to coordinate Product Backlog Grooming and user story estimation.
- Created project reporting structure using excel pivot tables and inserted the vba macros to filter the data types.
- Publicizing the team's progress and successes with information radiators on task board to make sure they are visible to team members, product owner and stakeholders.
- Keeping the team together to ensure successful sprints.
- Working with Product owner on Artifacts such as Product Backlog, Spring Backlog, Sprint Burn down, and Release Burn down.
- Enabled improvement in team delivery commitments and capacity planning for sprints by identifying & tracking hidden tasks that increased customer satisfaction.
- Initiate the required cultural transformation in adopting agile development methodologies
- Provide coaching and training at the team level in an emerging Agile environment.
- Plan and facilitate scrum ceremonies; sprint planning, daily stand up, sprint review and retrospective
Environment: Agile, Java, Web Services, Oracle, Windows, Silk, AS/400, Store system, MS Visio, SQL, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS VISIO, UML, JIRA
Confidential, Boston, Massachusetts
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Improved efficiency achieved timely deliveries within budget and managed project plans and resources
- Implemented innovative methods and techniques, reduced lead time, and achieved cost savings
- Performed PERT analysis to estimate the length of a new project at 75% confidence
- Lead and managed a team of 16 to keep everyone's goal aligned with the goals of the project
- Performed earned value analysis and compared it with planned value to track schedule and cost of the project
- Identify project scope using context diagrams, use case diagrams, and feature roadmap
- Used MS Visio for block diagramming, charts and graphs, and web diagramming.
- Created Business Requirements Document (BRD), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) with the assistance from the business group and IT team members.
- Coordinated with the clients, Subject Matter Experts and developers in successfully resolving the action items.
- Designed and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), User Story Management using JIRA
- Successfully maintained and updated SharePoint site with the project documentations based on the progress.
- Assisted the Web Services team in documenting requests and responses for the REST Web Services in JSON; Worked on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) mainly on REST Web Services and executed them.
- Manually tested and executed the Web Services using Postman and helped the Quality Analyst Team in automation of the REST Web Services Testing using Selenium tool. Assisted the Web Services team in documenting API’s
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of the scrum team in an Agile methodology.
- Gathered and analysed business requirements for the database systems.
- Assisted the QA team in creating Test Plans, Test Cases and performed UAT User Acceptance Testing, Functional Testing and logged defects into Defect Tracking Report
- Conducted presentations of the QA test results to the stakeholders and users and documented modifications and requirements.
Environment: Hybrid-Agile, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project, UML, JIRA, JSON, REST Web Services, XML, SOA, BPMN, Load Runner, Selenium, Postman