Senior software engineer, with 12+ years of experience in driving software solutions from conception to delivery mainly using Microsoft stack of technologies. Strong analytical and programming skills that complement excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills. Proven ability to synthesize information from non - technical stakeholders and translate to technical implementation in an Agile environment. Strong background in managing, leading and mentoring onshore and offshore teams to deliver on company’s roadmap.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- C#, ASP.NET,SQL
- HTML, XML, XSD
- Sql Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Azure, SQLDB
- Amazon AWS, RDS
- Database Modelling/Programming
- Entity Data Model
- REST/SOAP /SOA
- Azure, AWS
- MVC, WCF, WebAPI
- Unit, Integration Testing
- OOP,OOAD, Design Patterns
Confidential, Bellevue WA
Lead Software Development Engineer
- Partnered with Business stakeholders/Product Managers to identify core business needs, priorities for the near/long term goals, developed and maintained product roadmap aligning with company’s roadmap .
- Managed and mentored a group of onshore and offshore developers and QA to ship high quality software using agile methodology scrum.
- Owned sprints, standups, retrospectives, and demonstrations for onsite and offsite engineering teams.
- Architected and shipped multiple robust Rest APIs, web applications,windows applications, console applications etc mainly using .NET stack technologies.
- Extensive involvement in Database Design, Development and programming for SQL Server database. Extensive involvement in building tools for the DataWarehouse Data management team to efficiently extract data from multiple internal/external sources for reporting and analysis.
- First point of contact for production issues and providing fixes/workarounds/RCA to internal and external users. Responsible for system sanity and optimum system performance.
- Highly involved in product release management, user training and documentation.
Environment: Azure/AWS Cloud infrastructure, Windows OS, Visual Studio 2015, .NET 4.6, C#,ASP.NET, MVC,Web API, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON, Bootstrap, JQuery, Tortoise SVN 1.8.5, Git hub, MS SQL Server 2014, Cruise control, GO, Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
- Have been actively involved in understanding software Design specification and actively involded in design/use case reviews for different components and preparing Test Design Specification and Test Case Definition
- Used Agile Methodology Scrum which involved daily stand-ups, Sprint planning etc.
- Developed software tools to interact with the components involved in a client-server model using C# to test services and deployment.
- Extensive involvement in test case creation, automation and regression using VSTS-TE and manually testing the product to unveil bugs and Product Stability.
- Involved in BVT Execution on BVT environment and sending out daily reports.
Environment: Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, .NET 3.5, C#, WCF, Source Depot, Microsoft WTT Mobile Studio, Product Studio, Windows PowerShell,, Team Foundation Server, MS SQL Server 2005
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Have been actively involved in understanding/analyzing/creating software specification for different interfaces, which included preparation of Technical Design Documents and reviews of the design documents. Refined and consolidated several existing applications and interfaces, resulting in increased employee satisfaction and efficiency
- Involved in developing ASP.NET 2.0 Web pages, Soap Web services, console applications using c# etc
- Also involved in data modeling and database programming for Oracle and Informix databases.
- Involved in writing test cases and unit, integration testing and documentation.
- Streamlined engineering processes and provided system training, best practices and project-based leadership to the team
Environment: Windows XP, Visual Studio 2005, C#.NET, ASP.NET2.0, .NET 2.0, Oracle 10g, Informix 7.3, Accurev
Confidential, Olympia, WA
- Designed HITS Windows Forms user interface for the data entry applications, which used SQL Server as the backend using data binding as the service layer. Extensive involvement in developing the data access layer, database programming and data modelling. Successfully re-wrote the Hits application using .net which had much better performance and user acceptance
- Extensive use of agile methodology scrum including daily stand-ups, regular code reviews, extensive use of design patterns, refactoring, continuous integration, shared code ownership, pair programming, and unit tests.
Environment: Windows, Visual Studio 2005, C#, .NET, Windows Forms, NUnit, ScrumWorks, TDD, SQL Server 2005