- High - potential skilled Agile transformation leader with 20 years of experience in Information
- Technology industry.
- Seeking a challenging position that will allow contributing my current leadership and management skills toward actively supporting the success of a progressive rganization that could offer challenging opportunities in exchange for superior performance.
Development Environments and Tools: Kendo UI, Eclipse, ANT, Maven, JBuilder, Erwin, Rational Rose, CVS, SVN, SSH, Oxygen, MS Visio, MS Project
Web/App Servers: IIS, Apache/Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle iAS
Databases: Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux, iOS
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
VICE PRESIDENT OF TECHNOLOGY
- Responsible for management and execution of the entire Confidential platform in the company, reporting directly to CIO
- Developed complete strategy and built future roadmap for the entire Confidential function
- Built and managed multiple Confidential and support teams, with personnel over 80 people, including manager and director levels
- Maintained and distributed annual budget of over $7M for Confidential organization
- Responsible for leading various functional teams, including ERP (Oracle EBS), EDI (iWay), Middleware (SOA), Custom Development (Microsoft), and Legacy systems
- Proposed and implemented a complete PMO restructuring plan, based on the best practices of Agile methodology
- Established and managed a new Enterprise Architecture function in the company
- Built and managed multiple development and architecture teams, with personnel over 30 people, including manager and director levels
- Introduced and enabled the Agile methodology in the company, running full SCRUM implementations in three Development and QA teams
- Responsible for various large, medium, and small-size initiatives with budget over $20M
- Created a strategy for transition of existing technical resources from legacy systems to the new Microsoft technology stack
- Became a member of the various company committees, such as vendor selection board, architecture advisory board, circle of excellence (IT), and Enterprise Architecture
- Was responsible for technical evaluation and selection of new ERP system, Middleware solution, and a new B2B Integration platform (EDI-based) for the company
- Responsible for providing monthly updates to company executives, as part of IT Steering Committee
- Involved in various stages of resource planning, including organizational changes, new hiring and firing, annual reviews and merit increases, as well as career development plans
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Teaching various Information Systems classes for graduate programs in the College of Computing and Informatics
- Focuses on first-line management of software system development. Covers major themes including estimation (software cost factors, estimation models, and risk management), planning (work breakdown, scheduling, staffing, resource allocation, and creation of a project plan), and execution (team building, leadership, motivation, process tracking, control recovery, and communication within and outside the project).
- Addresses information technology-enabled change and policy issues in the management of information systems (IS). Stresses systems development, staffing and organization, technology infrastructure, project selection, justification and funding, and data. Studies the issues and their resolution in the context of an IS plan. Emphasizes communication about the issues to senior management.
Confidential, Horsham, PA
DIRECTOR, SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- Led and managed 3 teams of software and mobile developers, responsible for various large and small-size initiatives with budget over $50M, reporting directly to CIO
- Was a member of the various company committees, such as vendor selection board, architecture advisory board, circle of excellence (IT), and Enterprise Architecture
- Responsible for building strategy and future direction of mobile development and for implementation and support of the first native (iOS) mobile applications in the company
- Led and managed a team of software developers (Java), overseeing their work, and ensuring that they build high quality applications and features
- Was responsible for deliverables through all stages of SDLC, according to PROMPT methodology, by allocating resources to projects and maintaining an overall resource plan for the team
- Performed personnel administration for direct reporting positions including selection, annual goal-setting, performance review, bonus distribution, hiring and promotions, and employee development and coaching
- Assured proper planning, development, and implementation of new systems. Worked closely with the Business and QA teams in the development of long range plans, establishment of priorities, and identification of requirements
- Assisted in the development and establishment of policies, procedures, and standards for the Applications Development team. Assured complete and accurate project update reports, project logs, and documentation of all new and existing systems.
- Was responsible, either directly or through subordinates, for the development and preparation of audits, testing and debugging procedures, problem analysis, and development timetables
- Assured that systems are designed to meet future needs. Maintained knowledge of new technological developments, company policies, and procedures controlling new system development or maintenance of existing systems and government regulations
Confidential, Cherry Hill, NJ
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST/TEAM LEAD
- Participated in the requirements gathering for various projects, providing technical expertise and recommendations to the business groups within the company.
- Supervised a team of software engineers and prioritized resources based on business constraints and requirements.
- Was leading a small group of consultants responsible for development and deployment of the new Claims system.
- Provided production technical support and helped to resolve various Helpdesk priority tickets for the entire dealer base. Was working on rotating schedule for production builds deployment to UNIX servers after business hours.
- Was appointed as technical lead on the Subaru Added Security re-design project. Was leading a team of 5 developers through the entire life-cycle and was responsible for requirements gathering, documentation, development and deployment.
- Worked as systems architect for re-design of the Financials system for company’s dealer base. Was managing project through the entire life-cycle and was responsible for resource allocations, requirements gathering, documentation, development and deployment.
- Was appointed a lead manager on Daylight Savings update project. Was responsible for coordination and installation of DST patches to more than sixty (60) servers in the company.
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Personally did migration of the entire API (over 700 files) from custom database connection pooling to JNDI connection support on Weblogic 8.1 server.
- Was an integral part of many new webstore launches responsible for implementing different customizations specific to the partner.
- Implemented many different Back-End (Java classes) and Front-End (JSP) changes/enhancements for various partners
- Provided production technical support and helped to resolve many priority tickets for 60 different partner websites.
- Became a member of the initial core team implementing webMethods Integration solution to the various business projects in the company.
- Wrote an automatic utility that produced a diff report of the changes between two CVS files using UNIX shell script and Java Reflection package.
- Was a leading Java developer responsible for the migration and deployment of the Webstore code base from UNIX to Linux platform.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER/JAVA ARCHITECT
- In the last 6 months, was promoted to Software Development Project Manager and was responsible for leading a large team of off-shore consultants from India
- Personally introduced and developed WebServices framework with embedded credit card validation process for eCommerce application.
- Implemented SOAP internal communication from a client to Java WebServices on Weblogic 8.1. Front end was using Java Server Pages.
- Was a leading Java architect for the on-line medical dictionary project Applied 3-tier architecture model as a new approach for the company.
- Used iPlanet 6.0 Web server for JSP as the Front End, BEA Weblogic 8.1 app server for EJB as the Back End and SQL Server 2000 as data storage.
- Personally developed and implemented a new shopping cart system on company’s major website
- Designed User Interface for the ‘Pocket Radiologist’ project an application used by medical personnel worldwide.
- Utilized the latest Java technologies such as JavaMail, JavaSecure (for https connectivity), JNDI and RMI for interaction with Enterprise Java Beans.
- Developed authentication mechanism using EJB, J2EE with JNDI and RMI. Incorporated 2-way database access from the application using Oracle JDBC API.
- Personally developed a ‘Partnership Program’ project - an integral part of an existing website.
Confidential, Lawrenceville, NJ
SENIOR E-BUSINESS DEVELOPER
- Participated in design and development phases for various B2B and B2C applications.
- Involved in all stages of the project lifecycle including site's architecture design, Web pages development, Java-based interaction between front-end and database data (Oracle), using advanced Java servlets technology.
- Was responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of web content delivery systems for large financial institutions in NYC.
- Personally developed “Advisor Edge” private portfolio management system using Java and Sybase.
- Developed and customized industry leading e-Business portals for various clients.
- Involved in design of new programs and other system enhancements for a new application of Confidential for a private banking division. Participated in database modifications, data migration and cleansing, upgrading system parameters, etc.
- Involved in training and education of end-users.