- 6+ years of professional experience in Software Application Design, Analysis, Development and maintenance of SOA and N - tier architecture Web applications.
- Well acquainted with Agile, Waterfall SDLC systems to meet timelines with quality deliverables.
- Well experienced with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Principles.
- Proficient in .NET Multithreading and .NET - WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), WCF (Windows Communication Foundation)
- Strong hands on programming, design, understanding and deep functional experience in creating, deploying and consuming REST, SOAP Web Services and Web API.
- Good knowledge on reporting and analysis using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for migrating data with the .NET environment.
- Hands on experience in SQL Server in writing database queries using joins, Indexes and in creating Tables, Views, Indexes, writing Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers using T-SQL, Maintaining Database, Experience in Query Optimization.
- Good working experience on continuous build, release and deployment systems.
- Good hands-on knowledge of Source Code Management (Version Control System) tools like GIT and Subversion (Tortoise SVN).
- Experience in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Use BitBucket (GIT) and SourceTree (UI Tool) as a version control repository and follow pull request approach for approvals and merge. Knowledge on Jenkins as a part of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Experience in building and deploying large scale .NET and custom applications.
- Expertise in CruiseControl.Net automation tool for .Net code deployments.
- Experienced in using CNR Testing Utility tool for manual SQL/Database development/Reporting code based deployments.
- Knowledge in Cluster management with Docker.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Python and Power shell for automating tasks
- Involve and participate in monthly regular and off cycle production release activities.
- Established capabilities in application design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, continuous improvement and change controls. Enhances and automates internal processes to generate efficiency.
- Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
- Software Configuration Management Support with Branching and Merging strategies, Version Control Systems Integration Management, Build/Release Management and Requirement Management
- Quick adaptability to new technologies & zeal to improve technical skills.
- Worked in Agile methodologies like SCRUM and understanding of Agile Metrics like Sprint Burndown and Velocity.
- Understanding of scaled agile framework (SAFe).
Programming Languages: C, C++, Visual C#, Visual Basic
Web Technologies: ASP.NET, ASP, HTML, CSS, AJAX, XML Web Services, WCF
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XAML
. NET Technologies: . NET Framework (1.1/2.0, 3.5, 4.0/4.5)
Software Engineering: SDLC, UML, Agile Programming
Database Development: SQL Server (2000/2005/2008 ), SSRS T-SQL, and MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
RAD/IDE: Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015/ Visual Basic 6.0
Version Control: Visual SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT, Subversion (SVN), Bitbucket, SourceTree
Modeling and Testing Tools: Microsoft Visio 2003
Build Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, MS Build
Release/Project Management: Microsoft Release Management Server
Issue/Defect Tracking: JIRA
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Deployment tools: Bamboo, CNR Testing Utility, CruiseControl.Net
Collaboration Tools: Confluence
Automation Tools: CI/CD Pipeline, Docker, Chef
- Build and release the source code to various environments in the app/batch server and extensively automated the build automation and source/version control process.
- Use Tortoise SVN and Bitbucket (GIT), Source Tree as version control tool for .NET and SQL code deployment.
- Work on application configurations, code compilation, packaging, building, automating, managing and releasing code, provisioning environments and deploying to servers
- Perform code merge for all the stories of sprint and work on manual as well as automated deployments of .Net application using CruiseControl.Net and of SQL using CTU.
- Create, execute, optimize and maintain jobs for automated deployment processes and testing using CI/CD (automation, timing, Jenkins, testing)
- Maintain SVN repositories for DevOps environment: automation code and configuration.
- Improving Continuous Integration workflow using Virtual Environments like Docker and automating Build process using Docker and similar tools .
- Use Bitbucket to create feature, release branches according to the enterprise release schedule and work on interim branches based on the request.
- Create and maintain branching structure which includes master, develop, release, feature flow using bitbucket.
- Configured Source Code management tools with Bamboo and executed triggers in SVN and integrated build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo.
- Migrating to DevOps and setting up and maintaining automated build scripts in Jenkins.
- Work closely with DevOps engineers, developers and QA testers to migrate the repository to GIT and Bitbucket.
- Automate build & deployment process with Bamboo, eliminating 80% of manual work.
- Maintain source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts and drove strategy for migrating to GitHub and automate code deployment using Bamboo.
- Work closely with the development team to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to meet our feature requirements.
- Handle release schedules every sprint by leading the release planning meetings and making the stories ready for Pre-Prod and Prod deployment.
- Administer and maintain Atlassian tools like Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket and Confluence.
- Provided end-users for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Create configuration pipeline using GIT, Jenkins, vault to maintain application configuration independent of application releases.
- Create and maintain Jira workflows for various teams in the organization.
- Participate in CAB meetings to ensure we meet the change deadlines for a production release.
- Maintain the backups for each and every project. Responding actively to the error alerts and outages reported by various team members.
- Involve in sprint grooming, effort estimation, sprint planning, designing, development, code reviews, demo to client, deployment and sprint retrospective using AGILE Methodology.
- Responding to incidents in real time (24/7), assist the marketing web developers with after hour deploys.
Environment: Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server, Linux, JIRA, SVN, CNR Testing Utility, Confluence, CruiseControl.Net, GIT, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jenkins, SourceTree, Python.
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
- Involved in full Software development life-cycle (SDLC) followed by agile methodologies to produce high quality software model using N-Tier Architecture
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Participated in AGILE, WATERFALL methodologies and all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Maintained Perforce version control system.
- Maintain Builds and automated processes in Jenkins.
- Developed and consumed WCF Services for building Application server components
- Successfully developed web forms in ASP.NET using C# language
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, and defect tracking on all software maintenance tasks and projects.
- Responsible for writing the code in Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2010 with ASP.Net using code behind C# and VB.NET.
- Assist in maintaining build solution and process manuals using software solutions using visual studio 2010, Team foundation server, JIRA, Confluence and various scripting languages.
- Ownership of areas requiring improvement and recommend new solutions or processes.
- Develop and implement build and deployment scripts for applications, works on build management, performance tuning, and improvement automation.
- Provided end-users for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool
- Create ASP.NET Web API Services, WCF Services for Site Core HTML content caching.
- Used Data Grids, Data Sets, Data Views and Data Adapters to extract data from SQL Server 2014/2012
- Developed Database including schema design, T-SQL queries, stored procedures, views, Triggers and ensuring set up relations which included indexing, constraints, foreign keys etc., for SQL server 2012 and 2014.
- Used Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) to connect the front end to the database.
- Transferred all data into SQL Server from different data sources using SSIS/ETL.
- Developed link reports, sub reports, standalone reports with SSRS and integrated with ASP pages.
- Involved in handling ASP.NET client side state management (view state, cookies and query strings) and server side state management (application state and session state).
Confidential, Atlantic City, NJ
- Used ASP.NET MVC framework to support the use of Dependency Injection to inject objects into a class, instead of relying on the class to create the object itself.
- Involved in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Maintenance Involved in writing technical specifications design document, deployment documents and operations guide for operation support.
- Worked on Agile Methodology (Scrum) to meet timelines with quality deliverables.
- Using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) methodology to implement the web services.
- Implemented Form Based authentication and Role based authorization to authenticate users.
- Responsible for designing the ASP.NET application authentication using .NET Framework, Model View Controller MVC and IIS security model.
- Created and maintained database objects like complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, and Tables, Views, and SQL Joins.
- Created the link servers to pull the data from different data sources and used them in the stored procedure which will be executing on the scheduled basis through SQL agent.
- Extensively used User interface controls, which use JQuery to validate client side validation.
- Implemented Database First EDMX and used LINQ to Entities to massage the Data and optimized the Query Expressions.
- Worked Extensively with Query Optimization Techniques to Fetch Data with better Performance Tuning.
- Used ASP.NET MVC framework to support the use of Dependency Injection to inject objects into a class, instead of relying on the class to create the object itself.
- Handled many production issues and enhanced the User interface as per the requirement.
- Used Enterprise library for Database Connection and writing exception manager component, which creates a log file in event viewer.
- Developed Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and implemented Optimized SQL Stored Procedures
- Responsible for maintaining versions of source code using Team Foundation Server 2010.
- Supported Operations team during the deployment and troubleshooting the production issues during deployment and on regular basis.
- Involved in doing builds in both Development and Testing Server using N-Unit Testing.
Confidential, Broomfield, Colorado
- Worked closely with clients in gathering and analyzing requirements and providing solutions that meet the client’s requirements.
- Involved in migration of the current ASP application to ASP.NET.
- Actively involved in all phases of Application lifecycle development following Agile Methodology.
- Involved in analysis, design, and development and testing of the application.
- Interacted with the client, for documenting business details and designing Software Requirement Specifications and Project Management.
- Created the User controls and worked on custom controls for the presentation layer.
- Used several server side controls like Data Grid, Calendar control, and validation controls.
- Generated entity classes based on the database schema and improved the development of N-tier architecture using LINQ.
- Developed views using Scaffolding templates, Master Pages, Partial Views, and Custom HTML Helper with Razor View Engine.
- Used Windows Authentication Mechanism for successful Authorization and Authentication of the Credentials related to the application.
- Performed unit testing on every new version before sending it for User Acceptance Test.
- Used Team Foundation Server for integration, maintenance, and Security of code.
- Implemented GUI using HTML, XML, Ajax control library, CSS and Web Form Controls to create web pages, developed Master Pages, classes for reuse.
- Implemented AJAX support for better user experience and good performance.
- Implemented client side validations using JQUERY.
- Creation and implementation of stored procedures, triggers, views, and queries.
- Established communication between different applications running on same/different platforms using WCF.
- Used LINQ to SQL extensively for extracting data from the database using Entity
- Implemented of WCF services and better logging and exception management support to help in the premature detection of new problems.
- SSIS was used for creating packages and automating them using SQL scheduler.
- Implemented SSIS packages and jobs to integrate with external third parties and internal databases.
- Used GitHub for Version control.
- Involved in gathering the requirements, analysis, design &development of the project.
- Developed Agile Software Development methodologies to enable efficient and effective high-quality software development.
- Used Entity Frame Work Code First approach for the Data Access Layer for the ASP.NET MVC 5 application using HTML5 and Razor view.
- Created Html Helpers in order to reduce the amount of tedious typing of HTML tags.
- Involved in development of Web Forms, classes using ASP.NET that incorporates both N-Tier Architecture, and Database Connectivity.
- Developed and Enhanced Master Pages, User Controls, Custom Controls, User Interface by using HTML, CSS, Asp.Net Controls, Telerik .NET UI Controls.
- Used JQuery to validate user controls and web forms.
- Created and deployed Web Services using ASP.NET, SOAP and XML for Pulling Customer Service Records.
- Modified Web Services to interact with the other applications and exposed them using SOAP and HTTP.
- Used WCF for developing and deploying services on windows in line with the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience on Entity-Framework for Object-Relational Mapping (ORM).
- Used LINQ to build set of operations, parameters and expression during execution a set of data from SQL Server.
- Created Integration Services SSIS package to import raw data from MS Excel to the SQL Server.
- Extensively involved in developing components for Business Layer and Data Layer.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Views in SQL Server 2012 for accessing the database.
- Experience with TDD refactoring workshop introduction to evolutionary design, clean code and automated testing.
- Involved in refactoring patterns in TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Developed many T-SQL queries to fetch data as per the business requirements with proper tuning techniques.
- Enhanced the applications performance by constantly monitoring the queries by running Execution plans and query optimization techniques in SQL server.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) for Version Control, Team build, Project Management, Data Collection and Reporting.
- Involved in the Unit and Integration testing.
- Worked with testing team to fix the bugs as part of Bug life cycle and Production support.
- Designed and developed the software using agile development practice.
- Involved in Design, Development of Web Forms using ASP.NET, MVC, C#, JQuery, XML, and .NET Framework.
- Developed ADO.NET Entity Framework to use relational data with a data service by defining a data model that maps to relational data.
- Used JQuery for web interface development with good looking web application.
- Developed business logic for MVC application.
- Developed Web Forms for User Interfaces using ASP.NET with Server Controls, HTML Controls and User Controls.
- Extensively Used. ASP.NET 3.5 controls like Master Page Templates, Menu Controls, Grid View Controls and File Upload Controls.
- Used Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for multiple services to interact with the application for the clients.
- Created Console applications and used ADO.NET objects such as Dataset and Data Adapter, for consistent access to SQL data sources.
- Involved in object oriented analysis, design and implementation by evolving web services.
- Used forms authentication in the asp.net web pages for authentication users against their credentials.
- Implemented a data access layer architecture using LINQ to perform queries and call stored procedures.
- Involved in NUnit testing, integration testing and deployment of the application.
- Created user controls to develop some of the modular driven aspects of the web site.
- Involved in the Database design, wrote stored procedures, database views and T-SQL queries for the underlying SQL Server Database.
- Created stored procedures for updating and retrieving data from SQL server.
- Actively involved in Bug Fixing during the build and deployment process and debugging.
- Responsible to fix bugs, for maintaining application and production support.
- Responsible to provide system support once the code is migrated to Test, QA or Production environments