- Working as a Systems Engineer consultant, in the Confidential Infrastructure Services organization, I have accumulated expertise in Project management, desktop transformation, data center operations, high availability, Windows Server core infrastructure - Active Directory services, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Virtualization - Hyper-V, Exchange, MS SQL, Infrastructure Outsourcing, Migrations and Technology upgrades.
- I have over 20 years of diverse industrial experience in Information Technology and Engineering Prior to joining Confidential, I worked for a large leader in gaming technology and managed Microsoft based systems at various sites internationally.
- I speak English and Farsi fluently and have a functional knowledge of French and Italian.
- Microsoft Azure
- Windows server
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft System Center Operation Manager
- Microsoft Virtualization technologies - Hyper V
- Active Directory services
- Microsoft IIS
- ISA 2004, 2006
- Microsoft Desktop Client OS (10, 8.1, Vista, XP, W2KPro, NT4/9x) and Office
- Exchange Server design, deployment, and migrations
- Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 - 2016, Database infrastructure
- VB.NET, ASP.NET Visual Studio
- Agile Methodologies
- Cisco Routing & Switching
- Citrix XenServer
- Languages: Visual Basic, C#, PowerShell script, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, COBOL, LINQ, T-SQL
- Veritas backup
- Norton enterprise anti-virus protection
ConfidentialSenior systems engineer
Technologies: Azure, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Authority, IAS/NPS, DNS, DHCP, SCCM 1610, SCOM, SQL server, IIS, TFS, VSTS, Visual studio 2012, PowerShell Workflow, Azure, Windows Azure Pack (WAP), Hybrid Cloud management, Orchestrator, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), AppFabric, ChangeBASE, Power BI, Tableau, Jira, ZenDesk, project management
- During my time working at Confidential, I have held diverse roles ranging from systems architect to project manager to operations manager on different projects.
- Confidential requires consultants to stay current with latest technologies and maintain current s in their respective areas of expertise.
- Although Confidential is primarily focused on Microsoft’s stack of technologies, it I increasingly important to be familiar with methods of architecture integrating open source and third-party vendor solutions.
- I have been able to use my wide range of skills and experience to act effectively as the bridge between technical and business leaders translating requirements into solutions and explaining the solution in language appropriate to the audience as well as driving the solution to completion.
- I have generally been acting as technical architect or lead technical lead but because of my strong hands on technical skills, I have been involved with actual deployment and troubleshooting tasks when necessary. On a typical engagement, my responsibilities are to identify stakeholders, conduct interviews to ascertain needs. Identifying gaps and presenting possible solutions to remedy them is the next step and getting the program owners to see the value in implementing the most appropriate solution.
- During my tenure at Confidential, I have been fortunate to work with world-class enterprises that are leaders in their fields.
- My involvements with these clients have involved devising cloud migration strategies, application and infrastructure vulnerability assessment, Active Directory design, implementing DevOps framework, operational procedures assessment, process automation and other roles are required by the project.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 Active Directory, XenServer, EverRun
Senior systems engineer
- I was responsible for supporting 50+ sites in Mexico, including the installation and maintenance of Windows and proprietary systems running on remote customer locations.
- I installed severs to run Windows server 2008, SQL 2005 servers on a XenServer / EverRun platform in Mexico City and manageable remotely.
- All sites contain MS clusters or third-party redundancy solutions such as EMC Legato.
ConfidentialSenior systems engineer
Technologies: COBOL, ASP.NET, DB2.
- I wrote COBOL and DB2 SQL code running on IBM Mainframe to: 1.) Automate data transfer from other state agencies or systems, and 2.) Handle the requests made by the interface running on front desk workstations.
- I helped document system improvements and bug fixes as change requests and service requests were performed.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Windows Server 2000, 2003 and 2008 Active Directory, MS Exchange 5.5 and 2000, VPN, CISCO router, ISA 2004, ISA 2006, SCO UNIX,
- Provided oversight for the implementation of a new ERP solution which included importing data from the old Confidential based database to SQL 2000. Customization process for this implementation included creating user interface familiar to users using Visual Studios which eventually grew into a standalone application written in VB.NET.
- Responsible for developing the user interface using AJAX and ASP.NET as the program evolved into a web based application.
- After evaluating VMware ESX, I chose to install a Windows 2008 server with Hyper-V and converted several physical machines to virtual servers in an effort to consolidate server. To manage virtual servers and convert physical to virtual servers, SCCM virtual machine manager was implemented.
- The system I designed to support the sales team accessing the network remotely consisted of IIS server for FTP, WWW, OWA and OMA services as well as VPN and Terminal services.
- Installed SharePoint portal 2001 server which later was upgraded to 2003 version. Evaluated but did not upgrade to SharePoint 2007. The size of the workforce and the amount of data to be shared did not allow for using all capabilities of SharePoint.
- I create reports using Crystal Reports and wrote small utilities using Visual Basic to make day to day business tasks run more smoothly.
- A part of my responsibilities was to design and deploy LAN and WAN, VPN connections between several locations over T1, wireless, DSL and other types of Internet connections.
- Deployment of a SQL based warehouse management system in 2 warehouses, a US customs clearance system running on SCO UNIX and CISCO based VPN link to the US customs were among other responsibilities.
- Other projects that I completed include: redesigning the company website with SSL for secure e-commerce, negotiating service contracts with vendors of telecommunications and office products and service.