- Software development professional with extensive experience architecting, developing, and leading the development of large - scale enterprise applications .
- Excels in understanding and translating strategic initiatives into tactical deliverables by implementing and integrating technical solutions.
- Effective communicator with proven success in developing and maintaining relationships, exceeding business targets, and executing on partnership opportunities.
- Committed to maintaining the highest levels of quality and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal skills and team-building/mentoring abilities.
- Equally comfortable working for start-up firms and large corporations.
- Architected and developed an “electronic medical records” application, in use Confidential 8 psychiatric hospitals, serving both in-patient and out-patient clients.
- Architected and developed a Case Management / Disease Management application for a major health insurance company, used by 1000 nurses and doctors to service 1,000,000 patients.
- Participated in the design and development of an application used in cancer clinics nationwide to gather clinical information directly from patients, in an expert system fashion, in order to optimize treatment plans.
- Architected and developed a website for a public utility power company that allows customers to pay their bills online, change profile info, and schedule residential moves. This enabled CL&P to be the first power company in the U.S. to offer online bill-pay.
- Worked with Econometricians to model large ($40 billion +) loan portfolios in order to predict lending agreements that could default.
- Identified a major flaw in a purchased cellular billing software package that was resulting in under-billing customers $1,000,000/year. Designed and created specs for corrective actions.
- Architected and developed a business intelligence application for a nuclear power plant, used corporate-wide to provide access to plant improvement / repair information.
- Architected and developed an application that manages the work-flow for repairs/upgrades to a nuclear power plant simulator, used to train operators, and adheres to NRC guidelines.
- Participated in the development of an expense reimbursement application that was deployed to 60,000 employees in 100 countries.
- Developed/implemented one app in the Apple App Store and developed/implemented the same app for Google Play (Android Market).
- Developed/implemented a cloud-enabled IOS game app in the Apple App Store. A c#.net RESTful web service back-end was deployed to a cloud provider. The app asynchronously polls the web service while being played, automatically refreshing the iPhone/iPad with content from other players. In-App purchases included.
- Developed a ChatBot, using Node.js, for Amazon Alexa and certified by Amazon for distribution.
- Software Delivery
- Process Re-engineering
- Team Leadership
- Personnel Motivation
- Technical Leadership
- Software Configuration Mgt.
- Data modeling
- Database design
- Database development
- MS SQL Server
- Angular (6/7)
- Material Design
- C#/.Net Core
Primary Focus: Solution Architecture, Data Architecture, Angular (6/7), Typescript, Material Design, SCSS, .Net Core Web API, ASP.Net, C#.Net, AJAX, JSON, Bootstrap, MS SQL Server 2016, Web Services (SOAP and RESTful Web API Services), Entity Framework, User Interface Design, Axure(wire-framing), Object Oriented Programming, DevOps, SDLC, Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture.
Secondary Skills: Team Foundation Server, Git, IIS, SSL, HIPAA Compliance/Remediation, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Redgate Toolbelt, VB.Net, Regular Expressions, Photoshop, XML/XSLT, Windows Server 2016, Linux, Sybase, Crystal Reports, VMWare, CSS.
Mobile Development: Appcelerator Titanium, Cloud-based mobile apps, In-App Purchases, Android SDK, IOS SDK, Eclipse, xcode. Developed and implemented several mobile apps in the Apple App Store and Google Play (Android Market).
Business Domain Experience: Healthcare IT/Medical applications, Public Utilities applications, Human Resources, Finance, Billing, POS, Route Delivery and more.
Senior Application Architect and Lead Software Engineer
- Provided application architecture, data architecture and led the software development process for several HIPAA compliant Healthcare IT initiatives for the State of CT.
- Ensured HIPAA compliance in all medical-related applications and provided remediation as needed.
- Designed and developed an EMR (Electronic Medical Records) application in use Confidential several hospitals to service both inpatient and outpatient clients.
- Designed and developed a web application that addresses a new law in Connecticut requiring all psychiatric hospitals to notify the state when a person is voluntarily admitted for care and treatment of a psychiatric disability. When admissions are entered, the person is looked up in a State Police Firearms System to determine whether they are a gun permit holder or are known to be in the possession of guns. Website accesses the State Police Firearms System though web service calls, with exhaustive security, and appropriate administrators are alerted when matches are found.
- Designed and developed a web service is that is accessed by the State Police Firearms System to determine if a gun permit applicant has been voluntarily admitted to a mental health facility in the past 6 months, and appropriate alerts are raised in their system when matches are found.
- Designed and developed an application that gathers clinical information from hundreds of external private healthcare facilities.
- Designed and developed a suite of HR applications that handle all aspects of vacancy management.
- Designed and led the development of a suite of applications that gather patient information from hundreds of private non-profit mental health/substance abuse clinics. Patient information is supplied through batch submissions and through various online systems specific to areas of clinical specialty.
- Developed a rules engine accessible through a web service that handles an elaborate series of validation rules. This common rules engine is used to validate data arriving through the batch process and 3 additional systems, enabling a common set of shared rules. Developed a UI to allow developers to define and “wire-up” rules to processes.
- Designed and developed a workflow application for the Fiscal area that handles the gathering of all required information for contracts with vendors engaged with the State of CT to provide goods and services. A rules engine controls the routing of contracts through an elaborate email-enabled approval process.
Application Architect and Lead Software Engineer
- Involved in full life-cycle development of several ASP.net applications.
- Architected and developed a Case Management / Disease Management application used by 1000 nurses and doctors to service 1,000,000 patients.
- Participated in the design and development of an application used in cancer clinics nationwide to gather clinical information directly from patients in order to optimize treatment plans.
- Participated in the design and development of a mobile application that handles all aspects of route delivery automation. The application runs on handheld devices and communicates with server-based applications. Sold through wholesale distributors to companies using the app to service several industries.
eCommerce Web Developer
- Architected and developed a website that allows customers to pay their bills online, change profile info, and schedule residential moves.
eCommerce Web Developer (Consultant)
- Designed and developed eCommerce websites for government-sponsored lottery programs in both Jamaica and the UK.
- The applications provided the ability to purchase lottery tickets and redeem winnings online through credit card/EFT transaction processing.
- Developed various applications for a subsidiary that handled the wholesale trading of energy contracts nationally, supporting energy traders on the trading floor and back-office operations. Developed various applications for Millstone Nuclear Power Plant.
Solution Architect and Lead Software Engineer
- Designed and developed an application that runs on laptops Confidential a gold mine in Alaska, of which captures inventory data and keeps track of state changes.
- As gold is mined, entries are made in the system, and as gold is smelted or reclassified as "specimen", the state changes are recorded.
- Information is transmitted to the business office server in NYC via a satellite connection to the internet to update back-office accounting systems.
- Database administrator for market research project. Installed Windows NT 3.51 and MS SQL Server 6.0.
- Established devices, databases, tables, triggers, and security. Developed scripts to install all of the above on new database servers.
Software Engineer (Consultant)
- Worked with Econometricians in Risk Management department to model large ($40 billion +) loan portfolios in order to predict lending agreements Confidential risk for default.
- Developed a Travel and Expense Reimbursement System, distributed to 60,000 employees in 100 countries.
Development Manager/Lead Developer
- Responsible for IT budget, people management, and application/database architectures.
- Responsible for a team of 10 Developers supporting billing, marketing, finance, point-of-sale, and customer service applications.
- Identified a major flaw in a purchased cellular billing software package that was resulting in under-billing customers $1,000,000/year.
- Designed and created specs for corrective actions.
- Designed and developed a client-server application that was installed in hundreds of retail locations to handle the entire process of activating new cellular customers. Real-time credit check completed, customer info added to billing system, and new cellular account activated on cellular switching system. In a highly competitive industry, we were able to offer this capability before all competitors were able to achieve this level of automation.