- Accomplished IT/ Software Engineering leader with expertise in delivering products and solutions across multiple technologies including Cybersecurity, Mobile Applications, Web Applications, Cloud, Embedded Systems, Digital Navigation Data products, Industrial Automation systemsAs an Enterprise security architect experienced in SecOps - automation, Data Security, End-Point Security, Cloud Security, Mobile/Web/API Security as well as Identity and Access Management, I lead security consulting engagements to successfully deliver organization-wide initiatives such as Data Loss Prevention, Identity Federation, Secure Cloud Solutions, API security, testing AI/ML based systems, establishing reference architecture to analyze and mitigate risks caused by security control gaps.
- Developing Security Architecture Specifications, developing solution prototypes, conducting security and risk assessment, developing frameworks and design patterns, updating Security Standards and developing Security Reference Architecture patterns to address information security risks.
- Designing and implementing solutions around Confidential ’s Federated Identity platform to enable client’s legacy LDAP/AD IAM infrastructure to easily integrate with modern IAM services such as Okta, ADFS, Azure Graph, Ping, SAML, OAuth, etc.
- Creating BYOD, Acceptable use and privacy policies, designing detailed solution architecture including mobile device management, mobile security framework for clients to fix potential threats and improve mobile application experience
- Conducted detailed application security architecture reviews to identify gaps, led design discussions related to security, created security architecture for API security, Authored guidelines for mobile application security, secure coding practices and vulnerability testing based on analysis of security testing tools such as SAST, DAST
- Implemented Security controls using AWS VPC, Security Groups, Network ACLs, NAT Gateways as well as AWS IAM Roles.
- Designed and set-up a reference CASB implementation for DLP. Created Security Architecture patterns for cloud services.
- Developing architecture patterns reference architectures, conducting gap analyses, developing solution architecture and identifying solution components to deliver a detailed, actionable roadmap for several clients’ digital transformation initiatives.
- Examples include cloud migration, Mobile-enabling legacy applications, etc.
- Accomplished engineering leader with a track record of delivering large IT / Software engineering programs, successfully growing key client engagements, turning around stalled projects and leading efficient delivery teams (including offshore teams in Europe and Asia). Successfully led several large, complex digital strategy & transformation programs leveraging new forms of user experiences and engagement to deliver demonstrative business value, data driven insight and improved operational efficiencies
Sr Cybersecurity Architect
- Leading a team to research and develop cutting edge cybersecurity solutions for a very large, complex, Federal organization.
- Delivered detailed design, architecture as well as proof-of-concept implementations of cybersecurity products and solutions designed to meet or exceed Federal govt (DHS, NIST 800, HIPAA) cybersecurity standards.
- Sample solution space includes data security, DLP, EDR, Threat intelligence platform, Micro Segmentation, Medical device security, Cloud Security, email, web, mobile security
- Data Security: Designed and developed detailed security architecture, detailed security requirements, risk assessment and data-loss use case identification as well as organization-wide DLP program blueprint
- SIEM (Splunk-ES, Q-Radar) Integration and optimization using ML-driven approaches to refine data sources resulting in improving the detection accuracy for 15 use cases
- End-Point Security: Conducted security and risk assessment to identify security control gaps in current solutions, developed detailed requirements for EDR, evaluated vendor solutions and designed a detailed solution architecture as well as an implementation roadmap for EDR
Director, Integration Architecture and Professional Services
- Led a team to address clients’ increasingly complex Identity and Security needs, working closely with clients and other vendors to interpret and apply business requirements to IAM solution development.
Principal Enterprise Architect
- Established a new service offering on mobile security consulting resulting in a revenue acceleration by 5%.
- Led security architecture assessments, developing frameworks, security architecture patterns and best practices to deliver detailed security recommendations and enable informed decision-making
- Turned around several troubled projects to deliver actionable advice, improving clients’ go-to-market cycles while optimizing their technology spend on enterprise mobility and other Digital transformation initiatives
Engineering Director / CTO Advisor
- Turned around an extremely challenging large program (>$ 10 Million) by implementing effective engineering practices, detailed project tracking and review mechanisms, good risk mitigation plans as well as energetic leadership in running a high-performance team.
- The team also contributed 11 patents and 3 new product lines under my leadership.