Software Engineering Professional with ~10 years of applied business experience in areas including Software Development, Systems Architecture, Research & Development, SDLC, Algorithmic Optimization and Maximizing Team Synergy to increase overall productivity. Currently seeking a challenging role with a good team and room for growth.
Proficient in: Java, .NET/ASP, C#C/C++, NodeJS, JS Frameworks (Angular/Bootstrap/KnockOut), PHP, Perl, JSON/XML, HTML5/CSS3, Python.
Design Patterns & Architectures: CQRS, Microservices, Revealing Module, Service Locator, MVC, MVVM, OOP, Cloud Based Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Design, Functional Programming, Multi - Threaded/Concurrent/Distributed Processing, Machine Learning, Genetic Algorithms & Artificial Intelligence.
Common Technologies: Azure Saas/Paas, AWS, TensorFlow/Keras ML, MVC(WinForms/WebForms), WPF(XAML), WCF, Web API, Web Services (SOAP/REST), Entity Framework, LinQ, ASP.NET/One,IoC/DI, IIS, Apache, SQL Server/ MySQL/PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Data Compression, Encryption.
SDLC & Code Management: Agile/SCRUM, Full Waterfall Approach, Test Driven Development. CI/CD, TFS, GitHub, SVN, Atlassian/Confluence/Jira, ClearCase, DOORS, Rational Rose (UML)
Sr. Staff Software Engineer
- Developed new Java 11 backend services for the CACCTUS Distributed USMC Trainer
- Java / Spring / Hibernate /Jetty / MySQL / Angular
- Distributed Microservice Architecture
- Backend Service Enhancement and Bug Fixes on existing code base
- Legacy Refactoring
- Java Swing / AWT UI’s to Service based Angular UI’s
- Java Standalone Services to Spring/Hibernate Microservice
- Agile workflow using Jira / Subversion (SVN) / Axosoft / Code Collaborator
- Designed and Implemented new services to help create the Force on Target (FoT) Firing Range/Automated Shoot House software system; a new addition to the US Army’s Consolidated Product Line (CPM) CPM program.
- Java, C#, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Angular, JBoss (Wildfly)
- Distributed Microservice Architecture
- Implemented new services in Java 10/11 and C#
- Completed Enhancements requests and Bug Fixes using Java 8/10/11, C# and Angular.
- Implemented Hardware device drivers for remote camera systems and target devices in C#.
- Agile workflow using Jira / Confluence / Subversion (SVN)
- Lead team of 3-4 developers in creating the Automated Test Framework (ATF) product, a distributed multi-platform remote script execution framework.
- ATF was intended to function as DevOps tool, End to End Testing suite and remote health monitoring system for large scale distributed systems.
- Implemented using NodeJS/Typescript, Angular, Perl, PowerShell and MongoDB
- Lead Research and Development Engineer for initial proposal and design of the Intelligent After-Action Review (AAR) for Army Live (ILATS).
- Designed, tested and deployed initial Machine Learning models in TensorFlow/Keras on AWS (GovCloud) / Hadoop (HDS)
- Back end services designed and implemented in Java, Python and NodeJS
Sr. Software Engineer Lead/Interim Systems Architect
- Maintained, Extended and Lead Team responsible for all .NET (Azure/ASP/C#/MVC) Software Development.
- Deployed, Monitored and Maintained Companies Azure Accounts.
- Served as Interim Systems Architect
- Cloud based CQRS/Microservices Domain Driven Architecture
- Designed to heavily leverage Dependency Injection, Separation of Concerns, Signal, Event Sourcing with an Interface Heavy Implementation Flow
- Responsible for interviewing all new .NET developer candidates
- Worked closely with Test Engineers to rapidly handle system hotfixes
- Revised Team’s Coding Conventions/Standards, Unit Testing, Code Review and Team Development Process
Lead Software Engineer/Systems Architect/Technical Director
- Microsoft Azure BizSpark Program Development Partner
- Participated in new product development using Beta Releases of Visual Studio, Azure Cloud Solutions, Xamarin, Cordova, .NET Cross Platform C# (Mono/Mono/X).
- Implemented & Deployed Enterprise Level Solutions using Azure App Services (PaaS), Web Services, Web API, ASP.NET, WebForms/MVC, WPF/XAML, Telerik, AngularJS & Bootstrap.
- Developed Cross Platform Mobile Apps with Xamarin, Ionic/Cordova & Adobe PhoneGap.
- Applied N-Tier, Domain Driven Architectural Design Patterns to create Line of Business level applications including an entirely Azure/.NET Based cross platform Multimedia Content Delivery System for large scale internal corporate use.
- Website Design & Development
- E-Commerce/Shopping Cart Solutions - ZenCart, Custom Stripe Integration, Square.
- Streaming Multimedia Content Delivery projects completed using OpenStack & Azure.
- Project management tracked & Agile/SCRUM SDLC, CM in TFS, GitHub & SVN
Sr. Software Engineer Lead (.NET) / Systems Architect
- Converted Classic ASP Legacy Online Booking & Reservations System into ASP .NET MVC.
- Eliminated legacy 3rd party SOAP based payment gateway credit card processing system.
- Worked closely with a Senior Level Mobile App Engineer to develop an entirely WebAPI, Message Based RESTFUL set of replacement web services allowing for full Online, Mobile & on-site credit card processing fully PCI compliant.
- Refactored Booking & Reservations UIs into WPF with Entity Framework hooks to the MS SQL Server 2008 r2 Database.
Sr. Software Engineer (R&D Lead)
- OneSAF Simulator Mapping Lead
- Implemented a LIDAR (Light Emitting Radar) Mapping Tool capable of mapping previously unmapped terrain using point plot data collected from Apache Blackhawk Flyovers.
- Tool backend implemented in C/C++ & XML; UI implemented in C# WinForms.
Contract Software Engineer
- Nightly (3rd Shift) Build Boy Supervisor & PTR (Problem Ticket Resolutions) Lead.
- Responsible for removing/fixing all daily bugs & build errors checked into CM main branch to ensure that the main branch would build by 7 am error free.
- OneSAF Large Scale Distributed Military Simulation System implemented in C++ & Java with an Oracle Object DB.
- .NET 1.0 C# Development - Legacy MFC/QT UI’s converted to C# UIs
- Legacy Java Swing/AWT GUIs implemented in C#.
- Embedded C/C++ JNI Code refactored into .NET
- Developed extension to OneSAF Distributed Multithreaded Tactical Military Simulation & system
- Implemented Target Acquisition & Artificial Intelligence Algorithms for Unmanned Arial Vehicles
Jr. Software Engineer
- Developed new functionality adding to large scale military simulation system.
- Completed entire SDLC (Waterfall Approach) including all associated UML documentation standards in IBM’s Rational Rose.
- Presented team project at ITSEC (Largest National Conference for Modeling & Simulation).
- Ported legacy imperative code bases in ADA 95, COBOL, FORTRAN & ANSI C into OO Java & C++.