Seeking to utilize my technical talents and managed healthcare business expertise in a new fast - pace environment
- Extensive experience with architect/design/development of major Confidential systems leveraging both .NET and J2EE enterprise technology
- Extensive knowledge with an infra-structure for both J2EE and .NET
- Well versed in Confidential Application Framework components - actually authored some of them
- Architected/Developed 12+ major systems.
- Well versed in Confidential SDLC processes - co-authored the Confidential /Wellpoint.NET system build process.
- Developed prototypes / proof of concept system using new technologies, Web Service, Trillium, Business Rules Engine, Workflow…
- Extensive experience in aligning technology with strategic business goals and objectives
- Designed and implemented new applications for Managed Healthcare Industry
- Functioned as an Architect/Technical lead in assigned major projects. Plans, conducts and coordinates engineering systems in functional areas.
- Proven leadership skills in managing all phases of multiple technical projects and maximizing the use of technical and human resources. Has full technical knowledge including leading edge technologies of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming.
Architecture: Well versed in both J2EE and .NET Microsoft enterprise solution.
Databases: SQL Server 2005, 2008, SQL server Reporting service (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), DB2, Open System DB2, Oracle 9, Oracle 8, Sybase, MS SQL Server, MS Access. FoxPro.
Languages: ASP.NET 2.0/3.0/3.5, C#, LINQ, Entity Framework, Java, ASP, COM/DCOM, Visual Basic
Operating Systems: UNIX- IBM-AIX, Windows NT 4.0/2000 Server, and Windows 95/98/2000
Development Tools: Visual Studio, IBM RAD family, IBM WSAD 5 and 4, IBM VisualAge 3.5, Sun Studio 1, JBoss Eclipse, Sybase PowerDesigner, ERWIN 4.0, Macromedia Dream Weaver, Fireworks, MS Front-Page, Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio
Application Architect Advisor
- As a LSA of Initiation/Discovery process, I provided the end-to-end high level solution architectures on numerous projects (30+). Those projects includes commercial, mandates from federal/state/ Confidential, and high profile projects such as EPHC, Vivity, BDTC/BDC, Cleveland Clinic and others. The role requires broad systems knowledge across the multiple domain Confidential systems experience ranging from Providers to Front-End portals, and being able to produce the solution architecture in short period of time period (3-5 weeks). It is also a pivotal role which requires constant collaboration between Confidential Enterprise Architects and each system Tech Lead to drive a solution that aligns with the long term enterprise goals and also the short term or practical solution that can be delivered within the project’s timeline.
- Each year there are roughly 30-50 Provider systems related projects comes through the Intake group.
- As an Intake architect, I was able to provide the solution architecture in time closely working with Intake Analyst and junior lead solution architects. I was able to manage 3 Junior LSAs and 15+ Intake Analysts to deliver both solution and LOE for each Initiation project. The role also requires skills/experience to work with other domain architects to drive the final state application architecture - for FlexNet Confidential project, I had to assemble multiple domain architects (Benefit,, ITS, Pricing and Provider) to deliver the final solution architecture.
- There are 2 major projects that is based in PEGA technology, I was able to provide not only high level architecture but also hands-on IT leadership for the project - SPS/PLM and DOFR. SPS/PLM is the new enterprise provider system which will consolidate all existing legacy provider systems including EPDS V2. DOFR (Division of Financial Responsibility) is the new HMO Finance system which will replace the legacy IBM mainframe system, and once it is in production the new system will save Confidential minimum $20M per years on Capitation Leakage. Both systems are built on PEGA and enterprise technology stack. I am in the process of acquiring the PEGA Architect within a month.
- J2EE system utilizes with Webshpere, Oracle, Spring, IAS, JSF, DataPower appliances and Confidential Application Framework component.
- The system was designed to handle the 1.2 million GenC members initially but easily scale it to handle all of the Confidential Non-GenC members as well.
- .NET system utilizes IIS 6/7, SQL Server 2005, Web Services and integration with the Confidential Pricing system (Trizetto Networx Pricer) in real time. Architected the infra-structure which can handle the Confidential Senior Medicare Advantage claims volume with load and balance and fail-over redundancy.
- BDS system which provides the member routing services for the outside vendors, Source Corp and ACS. The system leverages MQ, DataPower Appliances, IAS, Sybase and web services. The system can handle daily 100,000 calls perday.
- J2EE system which leverages web services, EJBs, WAF components to integrate with the West CCB system using legacy ASP and COM components
- Ajax framework and tools for both J2EE and .NET 2) BPM Workflow engines, Websphere Process server 3) .NET build tools - Team foundation framework vs. Open Source build tools 4) Define Wellpoint .NET SDLC
- Provide Architecture assessment on new and re-write systems. Systems include DeCare Re-write, Behavioral Health system Re-Write, Capitation Re-Write(WellCAP), SourcePoint Re-Write, CAT system Re-Write, ALICS Re-Write.
- Provide evaluation of vendors for the various outsourcing effort - Hallmark IRIS, IncentOne, BRMEdge, Ingenix, Corporate Real Estate management tools.
- Provide performance tuning consulting services in the area of application and database
Advisor Application Developer
Confidential, Thousand Oaks
- J2EE application utilizes Websphere, Portal, Spring, Hibernate, Mainframe DB2, JDBC, JNDI
- Currently working on adding enterprise Workflow component, FileNet BPM, and Business rules engine capability in order to align the system with the corporate long term direction.
- Successfully conducted the proof of concept and implemented Trillium product to achieve Data Standardization in EPDS.
- Conducted the proof of concept for Business Rules Engine and developed the high level technical design.
- Leading performance/scalability tuning effort with Data architects and Infra-structure architects
- Engaged in the initial Data Modeling sessions with Data Architects
- J2EE application utilizes Websphere, EJB, JSP, Servlets and DB2 UDB, JDBC, JNDI
- Role - Architect/Lead developer/Project Manager for the entire system
- Successfully executed the performance/scalability tuning effort, database tuning, in early 2005 which improved system stability tremendously. Currently the system has 2000+ users in both US and overseas working 24x7, 7 days.
- Implemented SOA architect using Web Service to expose the system functionality.
- Provided both technical and business leadership with offshore programming staff and the business partners successfully.
- Maintained near 100% implementation success ratio.
Confidential, Thousand Oaks
- J2EE application utilizes Websphere, JSF, Mainframe DB2, JDBC, JNDI
- Participated in data modeling
- Successfully implemented the two-way interface with the existing Confidential Credentialing system, Cactus.
Architect /Technical Lead
- Did not make it to the production. Senior management opted to go with a vendor solution, WMDS.
Confidential, Thousand Oaks
- Successfully executed the performance/scalability tuning effort which would support 800 con-current users out of 2 load balanced servers ed the Honor
- Successfully converted all the embedded SQL calls, 160, to Sybase Stored Procedures as a part of performance tuning.
- Developed web based Ad-hoc Reports for the management
- Successfully implemented credit card number encryption mechanism.