Software engineer with more than 15 years of experience in developing software applications, performing different roles and using a wide range of technologies. Researched and published several scientific papers in international journals and conferences while achieving a Ph.D. in Computational Intelligence and Systems Science. Has lived and worked in several different international environments, acquiring teamwork and communication skills.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
Developing Platforms: .NET Framework, Win32, Azure
Data Technologies: ADO.NET, XML, JSON, Entity Framework, LINQ
DBMS: SQL Server, MongoDB
Web Technologies: ASP.NET, Web Services, HTML, CSS, jQuery, AJAX, REST
Development Tools: Visual Studio, Delphi
Test Frameworks: NUnit, Selenium
ALM Tools: TFS, Git, SCRUM
Others: WCF, Office, COM, Okta
Lead Software Engineer
Confidential, Miami, Florida
- Led a team that performs software development tasks for four high profile, accessible, standards - compliant, and cloud-based web portals, achieving a 60% component reusability.
- Collaborated with other teams during projects for optimal technical designs while ensuring project requirements, functional and technical specifications, and timelines are met with high quality.
- Architected and oversaw the development of a new hierarchical headless CMS, serving 43 applications across all internal lines of business.
- Helped to estimate, plan, manage, develop, and control 10 NuGet packages to provide a unified experience in all of the team products.
- Reviewed modifications before its commitment into shared source code to ensure adherence to industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards, reducing the incident cases by half in the last two years.
- Coached new hires to speed up the deliverables for 40 different clients within a variety of industries and locations, including domestic automotive and customer retail in Latin America.
- Monitored proactively the support queue of defects and incidents providing regular status reports with estimates for their resolution, decreasing the maintenance time by 20% in the last two years.
Senior Systems Engineer
Confidential, Miami, Florida
- Designed and implemented a provider portal able to read industry standards in order to collaborate with existing internal and external business applications.
- Created guidelines for future main system iterations using modern approaches, reducing the existing code base by 15%.
- Coded ten reusable reports according to company lines of business, with seamless core system integration.
- Migrated individual features, fixed bugs, and complete sub-systems from a legacy website into a modern modular web application.
- Implemented a cost-related module for a new line of business bringing all existing clients on board.
Senior .NET Developer
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Coded features enhancements and bug removals of continuous integration between partners' deals and internal strategic processes.
- Migrated legacy services and applications from ASP.NET Web Forms to ASP.NET MVC.
- Designed database tables, views, and stored procedures to support new features from partners’ quarterly business lines.
Tools: and technologies used: Visual Studio, ASP.NET, WCF, TFS, SQL Server, API.
- Managed and executed deployment procedures and security protocols, as well as created new scripts for its automation.
- Re-architected a solution based on XML web services as an intermediate mock-up layer between the engine and integration with different partner agents.
- Enhanced the internal banking subsystem engine to integrate virtual accounts from other financial institutions for various company services.
Tools: and technologies used: XSLT, XML, Selenium, VSS, ASP.NET, SQL Server, IIS, Visual Studio.