- Senior Software Engineer with over 10 - year experience on the development and support of proprietary in-house and 3 rd -party web applications and data process in an alternative asset management firm, have deep and broad knowledge in the diversified alternative asset management especially in the Hedge Fund area.
- Has worked directly with the business stakeholders on a variety of projects throughout the full system development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, technical design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance; especially good at gathering requirements, creating data models, creating data warehouse, integrating systems.
- Worked with a range of Microsoft technologies, mainly hands on with T-SQL queries and procedures, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS on SQL Server 2016/2012/2008 ; C#/VB.net codes also with ASP.NET Webforms, ASP.NET MVC; Visual Studio 2016, VSTS, Azure DevOps, Github, Atlassian Jira, Octopus Deployment.
- Proficiency at gathering the business requirements, interviewing with the stakeholders, understanding use stories, developing user cases.
- Strong Data Modeling skills which translate business and technical requirements to data model (conceptual, logic, physical) and working code.
- Proficiency at Database design and T-SQL development - DDL, DML, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Functions, etc., implement complex logic.
- Experience on SQL server operations scheduled jobs, linked server, activity monitor.
- Proficiency at capturing data warehousing requirements and turning them into high performance dimensional models using MDX in SSAS.
- Solid understanding S.O.L.I.D Principal, OOP.
- Experience with Agile development environments and Scrum methodology.
- Strong experience with ASP.NET Webform/MVC and ORMs ADO.NE, Entity Framework, LINQ, Dapper.
- Agile/scrum experience
- Experience with configuring Microsoft Internet Information Services, Active Directory
- Deep and broad knowledge of Alternative Investments in Finance industry: Hedge Fund, Fund of Funds, Private Equity, Risk Analysis, Asset Management, Portfolio Construction, Securities
- Deep knowledge of Satuit CRM system, Cogency accounting system’s application function and database structure.
- Work as the team leader including guiding the junior team member and cooperated with the remote people.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, proactive.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Migrated legacy VB codes to VB.NET.
- Upgraded 32-bit VBA add-Ins codes to 64bit.
- Migrate legacy Foxpro codes to Visual Foxpro projects.
- Re-develop the Visual Foxpro projects in SQL Server database.
- Optimized the current data process.
- Create automated data process in SSIS.
- Created customized windows installer using InstallShield by writing C codes.
Senior SQL Server Developer Confidential, Washington, DC
- Built a console application hosted on Azure to Call Bloomberg's Web Service to pull securities' returns and other statistics numbers and keep them on Azure SQL Server. It ran as background tasks with WebJobs in Azure App Service. The application ensures that there are no duplicate pulls for same security for the same statistics for the same date. It also maintains multiple codes (Ticker, SEDOL, ISIN) for each security. It deals with the different pulling frequencies (daily, monthly, quarterly).
- This project built a master list of each security in the existing subsystems and saved the links between them and the s of all subsystems. Whenever the new security symbol coming in the subsystems, it had to be created in the master list then added to the subsystems. This project applied Master Data Management on our security information. I was responsible for interviewing with users, defining the domain scope, and finishing the design.
- Portfolio accounting data come from internal and external different systems and they have different data structures. This project consolidated portfolio accounting data in the new data warehouse and created a separate layer between the data importers and data consumers. This layer provides the consistent data and unified data structure for all data consumers.
- Wrote ETL in SQL server 2012 to Pull data from Cogency system and our internal net asset management system. Responsible for designing and implement.
- Coded integration ETLs to pull client data from Satuit and upload the accounting data to Satuit.
- Provide tools to let users import risk data. 2. Data Transformation 3. Reporting. The tool and reports were built by C# asp.net. Data Transformation is done through SQL stored procedures.
- The system automatically calculates the balance and carries it forward to the following month. This system also provides reports using asp.net AJAX tool and jQuery.