- Experienced Software Engineer and Architect with extensive skills in both programming and UI/UX. Over 15 years of experience in the information technology field.
- I specialize in building or refactoring software and teams from the ground up.
- My core skill set is Angular, Vuejs, SCSS, C#, SQL with many other skills between them.
- In addition, I strive to help companies build a proper team and development structure to allow the software and the company to grow.
- I pride myself on the ability to build relationships within a company to enhance overall productivity.
- Can function independently on multiple projects and possess excellent management and communication skills.
DevOps & .NET Architect Consultant
- Templatized build and deployment pipelines created the ability to create new applications/pipelines in seconds.
- Developed material and trained multiple teams at organizations on DevOps on multiple platforms such including Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Octopus, and others for on prem and cloud architecture
- Helped bring multiple areas of the organization that were previously siloed together making each part work together.
- Refactored .net code side by side with dev teams to significantly improve overall architecture and dev to production lifecycle speeds.
- Incorporated security and checks throughout the process to enable systems like CheckMarx, BlackDuck, SonarQube and in team approvals to push the code down the pipe from dev to production.
- Results were a true pipeline process that facilitated teams moving into a scrum environment and full team visibility into what and were code was always slashing release time from hours to minutes.
Full Stack Engineer
- Full Stack Engineer on the core team over the main part of the application.
- The application was a medical device system that had a single page front end with a .net C# backend communicating to physical hardware within surgical rooms.
- Implemented multiple major sections of the application from UI to backend including electrode stimming and calculations to assist in spinal surgery.
Lead Architect/Full Stack Engineer
- Hired as Full Stack Engineer, brought in to lead migration of Java systems to .NET.
- Promoted to Lead Architect of the company after one month of employment.
- Custom - built complete service architecture of all five global systems, with each system having its own unique micro architecture and system ID to stay remain asynchronous.
- Implemented SCRUM, utilizing JIRA to help manage SCRUM, as well as handling software bugs and defects.
- Developed complete API layer from scratch utilizing C# .NET Core 2.0 over existing data warehouse which acts as core customer data tier, globally.
- Employed KingswaySoft to integrate with SQL Server and Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Using SSIS to help migrate data in MySQL database, moving over to SQL Server.
- Created migration jobs to massage the data and transfer over to new SQL Server and into new database schema.
- Managing Git for new .NET infrastructure.
- Built multiple warehouse operation applications in Angular 4 used for managing product quality and inventory.
- Assisted marketing team in UI/UX designed for corporate and sales sites.
Lead Architect Acting Director
- This is purely a contract role where I was hired to lead a small team of 3 including myself, architect, and consult the owners on how to accomplish their goal.
- My roles including everything up to director unfortunately the direction of the project is to build slowly so they won’t be building a true company around the application.
- Built on Angular 4 using Ionic where I developed a process to run the code cleanly in ios, android, web, and desktop using 90% of the same code base.
- The back end is .net web api and sql running in azure completely architected and set up by myself.
Lead Software Architect/Manager
- Hired to architect, build, and manage team to build from the ground up a CRM for auto dealerships.
- Project was cancelled everyone was let go.
- Working with VP's on time lines and future requirements.
- Implemented Infrastructure in the front end as a single page application using Angularjs and the back end using C#, Web API, OData, SignalR, SQL. This allowed for a very small easy to update code base. The front end after bundling and minifacation was less than a mb.
- Lead the team and managed deployments including setting up the structure for GIT branches.
Senior Software Engineer
- Brought on to advance the companies technologies using Angularjs and Emberjs
- Designed, and built a translation framework to manage all translations within the site.
- Lead design for site running on mostly 2g networks so we need to make it small VERY small. No Angular No frameworks not even JQuery.
- Kafka management system built using SignalR to have real time updates of Kafka messages displayed.
- Chrome extension that pulls data off current page being viewed and uses Confidential systems to return examples of the systems powerful semantic technology.
Lead Engineer / Project Manager
- Side project for a few Chiropractic friends of mine. They wanted software that could manage all the aspects of their business and asked me because of my HIPPA experience and at Confidential .
- Used C#, MongoDb, Web Api and knockoutjs
- Includes check in system, scheduling, employee management, SOAP notes, Insurance billing and other parts for managing their business.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built a server management/alert system that integrated data from TeamCity, TFS and data being sent from each application. This system is currently in use the IT monitoring personnel.
- Quickly became a pivotal role in the CRM redesign bringing technologies like Html5, KnockoutJS, .NET MCV and Web API to the company.
- Architected the new solution layout and what technologies will be used in the new CRM. Not a single JS plugin can be used without my approval first.
- Completely redefined the face of Confidential within an amazing team who all worked together to not only set a new standard for web sites but also started buzz within our customers by showing just a tease of what’s coming.
- Concluded that Angularjs would be the more logical framework for the company.
- Angularjs and AMD for the front end and WebAPI/Signalr for talking to the server.
- Worked with the UI/UX designer to create a first ever Confidential themed Bootstrap css using less.
Contract Software Engineer
- This company developed the POS system for BestBuy and was redesigning it which included creating a completely web based POS for BestBuy’s satellite.
- Built multiple sections of the system and taught the rest of the team how to work in MVC and Knockoutjs.
Senior Software Engineer
- Working on a team of 6 on maintaining and improving flag ship product ScriptCenter.
- Currently developing process for allowing the ScriptCenter units to have constant communication back to our main office. This will allow us to have a global account and instant feedback to our customers via web, mobile and other platforms. I’ve pushed to use SignalR for this.
- Designed and developed structure for proving SMS communications to users when medications are available.
- Created an email template structure that allows for specific branding of emails with no user interaction. Utilized the razor view engine for template manipulation.
- Developed intranet site allowing employees to see up to date information on each.
- Participating member of the company’s IT team meetings that planned developed and executed strategic company objectives.