Find a hands - on Senior Developer, Lead or Architect position that will leverage my .NET/Angular/SQL skills as a full stack developer. Looking for positions that encourage professional growth. Looking for a collaborative team environment, both to learn and mentor others. Prefer an AGILE work environment using modern technologies. Provide innovative solutions to enterprise problems. Enjoy working with multiple platforms, including web, windows and mobile devices. Work with minimum supervision and assertively gathers information from others to resolve issues.
- 6+ years Angular JS, JSON and Web API’s
- 5+ years eCommerce and Digital Marketing
- 20+ years developing software on a variety of platforms.
- 20+ years developing software using Microsoft technologies, including WCF, .NET, VB6, ASP and SQL
- 16+ years developing with .NET technologies with C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, SSIS, SSRS, Ajax, LINQ, Entity Framework
- 11+ years with of design patterns: factories, inversion of control, dependency injection, façade, MVC patterns, MVP, Commands, translators, interfaces
- 10 years jscript
- 5 years Sitecore
- 20+ years SQL queries SQL Server, Oracle
- 4 years as SQL Server DBA including versions 7, 2000,2005 and 2008. Performed data migrations for 100+ gigabyte databases. Proficient with SSIS/DTS packages.
- 20+ years of object-oriented n-tier development with a service-oriented approach (SOA). Scalable, reusable, reliable and high performing solutions.
- Enjoy learning the business to become the subject matter expert. Also enjoy working with end users to improve day-to-day operations.
Skills: C#, Web APIs, ASP.NET, VB.NET, LINQ, AJAX, SQL, JScript, Angular JS (1.1 - 6.0), Type Script, WCF, MVC3/4/5, .Net Core Services, Responsive Design, Regular Expressions, Confidential, Dependency injection, inversion of control, Unity, Agile, SSRS, OOP/OOD, VB6, XML, ASP, HTML, MTS/COM+, COM/DCOM, ADO, MSMQ, SQL Server, DTS/SSIS, stored procedures, Performance Monitor, Profiler, ER Studio, SourceSafe, TFS, SV N, Visio, Sitecore, MOQ, GIT, BOWER, LESS, Team City, Octopus Deployment
WORK EXPERIENCE:.Net Web Developer
- Had formal training in AGILE for Safe, Kanban and SCRUM.
- Strong advocate for Confidential .
- Practiced continoues integration with unit tests using Team City/Octopus deployment.
- Frequently recognized with Expert In Action rewards from leadership, business owners and coworkers.
- Worked heavily with big data in the Clinical Area enhancing processes and applications within a suite of Clinical Database applications.
- Work on both Clinical and Supply chain products and have a deep understanding of how both product lines integrate with our Enterprise technologies.
- Built internal tools to improve and streamline processes.
- Work with the business to address and develop solutions to recurring issues in order to reduce maintence cost.
- Provide innovative new ideas to solve existing recurring issues.
- Practice expert level skills in c#, angular, microservices and SQL Server on a daily basis.
- Responsible for interviewing and screening new hires and mentor coworkers.
- Work across enterprise teams to integrate sso, authorization, data warehouses and microservices.
- Developed .Net/Angular 6.0 application. This was a green field implementation.
- We gathered business requriements from stake holders. It is a web applications used to caputre data via data imports, user and admin UI’s.
- We delivered our project ahead of deadlines meeting all the business requirements with minimal post production defects. We built micro services and UI’s. Practiced paired programming and test driven development.
- We utilized continues integration and unit tests using Team City and Octopus deployments.
- Lead and developed asp.net application upgrades to Angular.
- Designed UX’s and worked closely with the business, qa and architects to gather business process improvements and implementation enhancements. Received awards for my leadership with inovation.
- Developed new enhancements to an existing WPF application using service layer, SQL, Stored procs and unity. Recieved awards for going above and beyond expecations to deliver a superiour solution. Lead a team during an enterprise implementation to a new SSO solution where I was responsible for the integration of 45 applications. I also supported data mining applications for big data using ASP.Net, ADO, complex stored procs, jscript and css.
- Developed an Angular 1.1 application using c#, entity framework, Unity, SQL, Web API’s, WCF, GIT, BOWER, Less, MVC5 and Bootstrap. The project was implemented on time with all stretch goals met. Developed a MVC5 data mining application used by internal user.
- Built Windows Tile Native app as well as Angular JS framework.
- Upgraded site to .net 4.5. Lead a consulting team on performance enhancements exceeding the targeted year end objective by more than 50% within a fraction of the expected timeline.
- Lead Development of our summer campaign initiative.
- Provide technical leadership for a team of 15 developers.
- Rebuilt our customer facing landing page using Angular JS providing a customized dashboard enable the customer to choose between 15 different application panels.
- Enabled business to configure the experience with custom data driven templates and ability to resize controls between small, medium and large.
- Provided several drill down graphing capabilities.
- Work on special projects for Sr Management to improve performance and customer satisfaction of our web portals.
- Raised customer Satisfaction to a stellar 88%. Improved performance of site by a measurable 240% by normalizing service calls, caching results and reducing the number of MT requests.
- Implemented asynchronous service requests.
- Lead the design of the sap, middle and web tier implementations.
- Developing remote functionality to read and control customer ’ s power meters from our web portals.
- Provided customer reporting of energy consumption within 15 minute intervals.
- Provided complex messaging for disconnect and reconnect features.
- Enabled customers to sign up for future energy plans.
- The project involved over 80 people and was implemented with very few defects.
- Lead .Net development for the company largest IT projects, a new web portal and product line for customers to manage their prepaid accounts online.
- Performed all aspects of the development working with many departments within Confidential to achieve proper email, SMS and mobile communications enabling customers to turn on and off their electricity from the web or mobile device. Worked with accounting and billing departments.
- Also provide low balance alerts and payment features. Worked with other departments to generate proper test data.
- Utilize design patterns such as MVC, MPV, Factories, dependency injection and unity framework.
- This includes the primary Residential and Business portal for Confidential customers.
- By the end of the year, I was the lead for the WCF middle tier with15 developers, on-site, remote and off-shore resources.
- Developed the WCF MT for the payment portal. Developed detailed logging and reporting utilizing Web services.
.Net Web Developer
- Independently developed and supported a global Intranet Web Application utilizing .Net 3.5, MS AJAX, JQuery and SQL Server 2008. The application provided a knowledge base for Service Engineers to track issues with the equipment they maintained in the field. The application also allowed management to see cost of work and measure effectiveness of Service Engineers. The application had 1500 active global users 24 hours a day. The application integrated with other company applications including SAP.
- Developed a time reporting system as a front end to SAP replacing an Enterprise portal system. The time reporting system used the Service Call Information to pre populate the time reporting system and read data from SAP to allow users to quickly and accurately record their hours into SAP using a .NET Web front end.
- Developed a reporting infrastructure using .net 3.5 and 2008 SSRS. Developed custom reports for senior and middle management to track Service Engineers costs, performance and effectiveness.
- The aapplication had a WCF layer within an n-tier environment utilizing LINQ to SQL and LINQ to SAP. Built using factories and facade design patterns. Developed integrated process for the .Net app to talk to SAP using ERP Connect. Researched methods for integrating into SAP, selected a low cost highly flexible solution that provide rich integration with SAP. Read directly from SAP and wrote data through ABAP/4 interfaces which the SAP team provided all exposed with WCF. Established SSO authentication from Web app to SAP.
.NET New Product Developer
- Implemented an n - tier architecture using .NET 1.1/2.0 (C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET) to facilitate rapid development of FSA administration products. Built IIS remoting and web services for a mixed client base (ASP, ASP.NET, VB6 and .NET WinForm). Centralizing business rules, improved security by controlling data access, enhanced scalability by leveraging IIS load balancer, reduced database traffic by utilizing MSMQ in a process communication layer. Developed ASP.NET and C# web user controls using early MVC patterns.
- Saved the mass transit product line by assisting the business unit with defining product expectations, identifying inconsistencies with the previous process, and providing tools to clearly display pertinent information. Provided new user interfaces that exposed $3.8 Million of overpayments to participants. Made recommendations to executive management on the funds recovery process by which we recovered over 90% of our losses. In addition to correcting the process, also built in auto funds recovery feature. Prior to re-engineering the process, we had a steady loss of transit clients, but no loss of transit clients since. This improved product is a contributing factor in the acquisition of new business, including our largest-to-date new client.
- Other projects include enhancements to existing enterprise applications (web-based and WinForms) using ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, VB6 and ASP. All projects require interaction with end-users, developing flow charts and implementation outlines, building unit test plans and test applications, and creating QA documentation. Also provide end support for production applications and processes related to the FSA product lines. An IT business knowledge expert for 4 major product lines and various smaller products.
Senior .Net Developer and Senior DBA
- Created new revenue streams by developing satellite communication products for real - time remote monitoring and controlling oil and gas wells. Developed a Windows client application (WinApp) that interfaced with Orbcomm and EMS satellite providers using VB6. Implemented service-oriented architecture (SOA) to import data to SQL Server databases by using .NET file system watcher. Developed a web application for clients to view production reports and interact with remote wells. Developed using ASP.NET, VB.NET, MSMQ, XML, HTML and ADO.NET.
- Made significant improvements to the well production management report. Improved loading time from up to 2 hours to under 1 minute by redeveloping the SQL query and utilizing object caching with the ASP.NET session state. Extended 5-day viewing limitation to an unlimited date range. Eliminated 20 wells per page viewing restrictions by allowing user to specify any number of records per page. Added sorting features by any column and conditional formatting to highlight problematic wells. Provided instant exports to Excel and/or XML formats.
- Redesigned a VB6 customer administration tool with ASP.NET, VB.NET and ADO.NET. Improved the interfaces for client setup, user setup and security management. Provided secure remote administration for internal users. Eliminated manual database edits required because of missing or broken functions in the VB6 version. Decreased time required to manage client accounts by providing intuitive, functional web interfaces.
- Tuned the primary databases by archiving historical data, repairing data integrity, managing indexes/constraints and optimizing highly used stored procedures. Reduced CPU usage from 80+% to under 30%. This allowed the servers to support an increased number of clients and removed the need to purchase additional production SQL servers. Also, performed database maintenance and production support for 6 SQL Servers. DBA duties included: monitoring database performance, managing backup and recovery processes, creating maintenance plans, managing user permissions, applying OS patches and upgrades to SQL Server. In addition, developed stored procedures, user defined functions, triggers and DTS packages. Responsible for maintaining and creating new relational database models.
- Prepared requirements, user guides, help files, design documents and cost/risk analysis for new development projects. Provided training sessions for end users and technical presentations for developers. Adapted easily to shifting priorities based on business needs. Worked regularly with senior management, including the President, for new development projects and support issues.
- Created a process to migrate data from JD Edwards to Essbase for analysis.
- Project required designing a relational database and writing DTS packages, stored procedures and views.
- Also provided an automated email notification system to communicate status and errors.
- Performed full life-cycle development and provided Visio flowcharts and database diagrams.
VB6 Application Developer and SQL Server DBA
- Worked with the DBA to develop a normalized relational database to replace 10+ custom client databases and migrated all clients to the new platform.
- Developed n-tier reusable components that interacted with the new relational database utilizing MTS/COM+.
- Took on additional responsibilities by providing technical leadership, attended SQL server 2000 training class and became the team ’ s database developer (team of 12).
- Redesigned the DTS data imports and reduced processing times (over 100 Gigabytes) from over 24 hours processing to under 20 minutes.
- Developed a custom data migration utility to provide an out of the box data import for customers.
- We broadened our market with larger clients, improved reliability and reduced implementation costs.
- Developed a data entry application in VB6 to allow clients to view claim images and enter information. The application also included interfaces for clients to upload claims. This provided a scaled down claims processing service which attracted additional clients.
- Developed a business rules engine to provide a configurable keying application using Formware. Options included specification of what fields to capture, order of presentation and custom rules to apply to each field. Also provided an administration tool in VB6 to manage the configurations.
- Developed project outlines including: business need, research, process break down, time estimates, allocate resources and technical specs. Also developed proof of concept models using SQL and VB and created technical presentations of research.