I have over 4 years of web development experience using PHP, and hold a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science. I have experience working within the Agile SDLC, and have fulfilled numerous roles including, but not limited to, DB admin, junior developer, senior developer, mentor and team lead.
Apps/Tools: Sublime Text, Notepad++, PHPStorm, Google Chrome for CSS3 content development, PuTTY, phpMyAdmin, SQL Workbench, dbForge, nginx, Vagrant / Homestead, GIT, Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket), MS Visual Studio
- Improved product search efficiency 20x over the existing infrastructure within a week of being hired by using XML-layer data caching.
- Helped finish the project ahead of schedule and with plenty of project budget to spare.
Senior PHP Developer
- Worked on a Setup Wizard for new user-generated sites, implementing caching techniques, programming optimizations and user interface optimizations that greatly reduced user setup time, resulting in increased revenue and signups.
- Served as a mentor to junior developers and others who were not as experienced or knowledgeable in certain areas of software development, and frequently worked closely with management and the other leads to plan out software lifecycles, features, third-party packages, codebase management ideas, and documentation.
- Implemented an Authorize.NET billing implementation in PHP within one work week by effectively and efficiently leading a team of developers, and implementing deployment strategies that helped us finish it on such short notice.
Software Engineer II
- Improved the existing business-class printer fleet’s touchscreen UI by reducing bugs and developing system and unit tests in C#, resulting in quicker UI responsiveness and a stronger user experience.
- Planned, executed and analyzed several test designs working closely with a professional team of developers and test engineers.
- Reduced test implementation and design time by working with other testers to devise a common test framework in C# to test common UI input section types (radio buttons, checkboxes, screen contents, common structures, etc.)
- Created a document storage migration solution that helped us migrate existing customer PCI documents to another HIPAA-compliant server within two weeks instead of two months.
- Interviewed new developers with a panel of existing developers with a focus on back-end web development within the LLMP stack (Linux Laravel MySQL PHP).
- Worked with a team to conceptualize, create and implement a major overhaul to one of our webpages, utilizing an ability to learn new concepts and existing codebases fairly quickly.
- Ensured data reporting integrity by monitoring and fixing bugs in the data reporting layer of the patient satisfaction survey web system. Improved accuracy and response time significantly.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Used PowerPoint, VBA.NET, Excel macros, PowerPivot and excellent teamwork skills to design, test and deploy an automated department invoice generation / billing solution.
- The project saved the DCS department I worked in about 600% as much time each month, which allowed us to develop further improvements to our department's services.
- Finished project to specifications and ahead of schedule with the help of our SharePoint-supported project management system.
- Used C#.NET, TFS, and PowerShell to debug and re-deploy a Microsoft Exchange Edge Server MTA module which brought a critical email component back online within two work days.
- Used jQuery and AJAX to re-tool an open-source web-based Internet network speed test for external users to determine how fast their connection will be to DCS servers, resulting in increased client satisfaction.