I have over 20 years programming and application development experience as well as 14 years of management experience in Information Technology. I rely on my knowledge of many different technologies to create real world system and data integration solutions. I am self - motivated with a passion for problem solving.
Databases and Operating Systems: MS SQL Server 6.5-2016, Advantage Database Server, SQLite, InterBase, MySQL, MS Access, Visual FoxPro, and dBase. MS Windows 3.1-10, MS Windows Server NT-2016, Mac OS X 10.6-10.12, iOS, and Android.
Sr. Software Developer
- Designed and created mobile application for iOS and Android using Delphi 10.1 and FireMonkey that collected and sent information from clients to backend REST services as well as storage in Amazon S3.
- Supported and enhanced main ticketing system written in a combination of Delphi, VB.NET, C#, and Python.
- Created REST API's for use by remote clients using MS WebAPI and WebAPI2 with C# and VB.NET and DataSnap REST API's using Delphi 10 Seattle and 10.1 Berlin.
- Created low level applications with Delphi 10.1 Berlin that tracked and reported system information on remote clients for inventory purposes and automatic in-house application updates.
Sr. Software Developer
- Designed, developed, and supported custom in-house ERP system with multiple locations using a mixture of Delphi,C#, VB.NET, and VB6.
- Designed and supported entire backend databases to support ERP system with Advantage Database Server and MS SQL Server.
- Created custom applications with functionality including point of sale, manufacturing scheduling and production, intercompany transfers, purchasing, receiving, shipping and scheduling, inventory tracking and management, department notifications, fax server, system reporting, employee time and attendance, and data mapping and integration with third party systems.
- Integrated data to and from UNIT4 Coda Financials, SAGE ABRA HRMS, and the ERP System using XML, Delphi, C#, VB.NET, and VB6 making automated routines and functions for importing and exporting data between systems.
- I was responsible for managing all aspects of Information Technology.
- Managed team of developers and hardware technician's contract, temporary, and permanent.
Software Developer / Hardware Support
- Supported MS DOS based applications written in CA Clipper with FoxPro database.
- Built, supplied, and/or supported all client and server systems, network devices, cabling, connectivity, and printers.
ConfidentialSoftware Developer / Hardware Support
- I have created native system services that automated application distribution and management as well as tracking GPS locations and system inventory for up to 2500 mobile clients.
- Integrated with Google Maps and Bing to draw client locations.
- I created a solution to bill invoices by its geographical location and a list of polygons.
- Created many libraries for use by other developers in C#, VB.net, and Delphi to standardize business logic.
- I have created business apps using FireMonkey that equally ran on iOS, Android, and Windows clients.
- I have developed REST Server's which provide encrypted data to mobile clients through REST API's built using Delphi 10, and 10.1 as well as with C# and VB.net using WebAPI and WebAPI2.
- I understand and can work with Amazon Web Services.
- I have built libraries for storing data in S3 and have built REST servers in EC2.
- I have experience working with GIS databases and have integrated storage and access in the applications I have created.
ConfidentialSoftware Developer / Hardware Support
- I have designed, developed, and supported an entire custom built ERP system using a mix of 70% Delphi and 30% C#, VB.NET, and VB6 for the front end and a mix of Advantage Database Server, MS SQL, and MS Access for the backend data stores.
- This ERP system's functionality included POS (Order Entry), Inventory Maintenance and Tracking, Purchasing and Receiving, Inter-Company Transfers, Dispatch (Shipping) Scheduling and Order Tracking, Time Card Entry with Time and Attendance Reporting, and Manufacturing.
- It processed on average 140,000 sales orders, 32,000 purchase orders, and 142,000 Manufactured Items per year.
- The manufacturing system developed included static and dynamic bills of materials, routing, scheduling, and tracking of all work in progress.
- The ERP system included a dashboard notification and reporting system with email integration with Microsoft Exchange using COM, Fax Server integration through custom API's and Data Tech's FaxMan Server, as well as automated print and print server management through Shell API's on Windows XP through Windows 8.1.
- My ERP system ran on 175 clients distributed in 3 separate geographical locations connected through MPLS to a central clustered data store.
- I have developed interfaces automating data transfers between the ERP system and Sage's ABRA Human Resource and Payroll system using VB6 and then later replaced with C#, VB.Net, and Delphi.
- I have developed interfaces automating data transfers between the ERP system and Unit 4 Coda Financials Accounting software using custom API's in VB and XML in VB.NET, Delphi, and C#.
- These interfaces would post AR and AP entries as well as query and report on our GL Accounts and Balances.
- Delphi is my default language since I have worked with it from version 3 through their latest release of Delphi 10.2 Tokyo.
- I have created and supported many applications built with C#, VB.NET, and VB6 and continue to use them today supporting some of those applications.
- I have experience trouble shooting applications in many other languages as well.
- I do not give preference to one language over another though because I am a strong believer that what you are trying to accomplish dictates the language needed.
- You need the right tool for the job.
- Most, if not all, of my applications interact with data so I have experience with many different database servers.
- I have managed and supported MS SQL Server from version 2000 through 2014, Advantage Database Server from version 5.5 through 11.1.
- I have worked with dbase III in my early days and converted / transformed / normalized data to FoxPro and Visual FoxPro and later to SQL.
- I have also worked with SQLite, Interbase, MySQL, and MS Access mainly for local data used in supporting a store and forward approach.
- Again, I place no preference on the type of database technology as you need the right tool for the job.
- I have written and later upgraded applications that were deployed on Windows 3.1 through Windows 10, as well as cross platform applications deployed on Android, iOS, and OSX.
- I have built and supported Novell Servers as well as Windows Servers from Windows 2000 through Windows Server 2012.
- These servers have been in a variety of configurations from standalone to virtual domain servers on clustered hosts.
- I have managed small teams of developers both contract, temporary, and permanent.
- I have experience managing vendor contracts and I know how to work within a budget.
- Proposed and successfully executed projects keeping them on track and within the proposed budgets.
- Worked closely with executive management, directly reporting to company officers.
- I have also acquired experience in Nortel Phone Systems, Call Pilot Unified Communication, Cisco Routers and Switches, as well as phone and network cabling.
- In summary, I would have to say my best skill is with solving problems and creating long term solutions.
- I enjoy a challenge and I am satisfied whether the solution is as simple as pressing the power button, hunting through a million lines of code, or training someone on how to do something differently.
- The goal is the correct solution for the problem.