MBA - educated IT professional with experience in the end-to-end design, development, and management of web-based software applications. Unique skill set balances software development, team leadership, and dev-ops roles. Experienced in change management, process analysis, and working closely with clients to automate complex business processes. Strives to stay on top of the newest technologies to leverage their benefits whenever possible.
DATABASE AND DATA ACCESS: ADO.NET Entity Framework, IBM DB2, LINQ to SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Microsoft Access, Oracle Database 11g
TOOLS: Adobe Photoshop, ArcGIS Desktop 10 (ArcMap/ArcCatalog), Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Project, Oracle SQL Developer, Redgate SQL Toolbelt/SQL Source Control, SharePoint Designer, SQL Server Management Studio, Team Foundation Server On-Premise and Team Services Online, TFS Release Management, Tortoise SVN Subversion, UPS Developer Kit APIs, Visio, Visual SourceSafe, Visual Studio
ACCESSIBILITY, COMPLIANCE, AND SECURITY: BMC/Numara Footprints Service Core, HP WebInspect, IBM Maximo Incident and Change Management tracking, IBM Rational AppScan, JIRA bug tracking, Section 508 Accessibility, W3C Web Content Accessibility, WhatsUp Gold
CMS: Drupal, Ektron, Joomla, SharePoint Online, 2013, 2010, MOSS/2007, Sitefinity, WordPress
CLOUD TECHNOLOGIES: Amazon Web Services GovCloud, Azure Application Insights, Azure VMs/SQL
Solutions Architect | Senior Developer
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Created, modified, maintained family of 16 websites running on Ektron CMS platform. Key partner in implementing Agile via Scrum on the web team.
- Developed mobile app using Apache Cordova running on Android, iOS, and Windows.
- Recommended, and began implementation on upgrading current web architecture and migrating to future platform and architecture. Including negotiating training and new hosting vendor relationship.
- Created web services connecting systems such as digital outdoor billboards and physician tools.
- Facilitated all sites transition to HTTPS.
- Worked collaboratively with creative agency to translate designs into websites, adhering to strict user experience implementation guidelines.
- Integrated custom analytic tracking and reporting via Azure Application Insights in SharePoint Online.
- Led development team members as manager on various web and SharePoint initiatives.
Applications Development Lead | Senior Developer
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Task and mentor team of developers, perform code reviews, conduct evaluations and yearly reviews, act as liaison between development team and the management, QA, and BA teams of the project.
- Lead Developer on large scale .NET/SQL web application. Balancing daily hotfix requests and frequent patch requests, while rebuilding modules of the system from scratch.
- Technical Lead on .NET/MySQL/MS Chart Controls web application, designed to deliver both high level and detailed charts and reporting to top management at quarterly meetings
- Senior developer on highly visible custom PHP/MySQL/jQuery based content management system, designed using MVC principles.
- Redesigned and migrated existing content into modern Drupal based CMS. Fabricated a modern UI showcasing videos and images in a sleek slide show as well as live aggregated content using jQuery.
- In a Dev Ops role, designed, deployed, managed internal QA environment including fully automated build and deployments via TFS on AWS GovCloud set of VMs.
- Received Futrend Team Player of the Year award for 2013.
S enior Application Developer
Confidential, Troy, Ohio
- Developed customer portal for searching part availability as well as sales order history and tracking.
- Wrote custom membership provider to authenticate against sources.
- Aggregates data from multiple sources including legacy DB2 mainframe and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Portal framework is now used as a landing point for all customer facing interfaces and applications.
- Wrote Windows Service to facilitate data sharing with 3 rd party web service using XML and Odata V3.
- Provided training on various subjects including SharePoint, TFS, and work item ticketing.
- Converted legacy COBOL based service call scheduling application to .NET C# application.
- Created web service using ASP.NET Web API (ASP.NET MVC 4 based) to receive service call requests from partner's web service, periodically send status updates, and submit invoices.
- Created MVC controllers to accept HTTP GET and POST requests, validate user with IP and HTTP Basic authentication, process the request and respond to the user with standard HTTP status codes.
- Represented the IT department in a committee tasked with implementing a Parts eStore, interfacing with various other departments, delivering presentations and recommendations to high level management including the company president.
- Wrote SQL transform linking part catalogs with Dynamics AX inventory and pricing for Parts eStore.
- Created helper library to allow Dynamics AX invoicing to retrieve sales tax from Vertex web services.
S oftware Architect | Team Lead | Software Developer
Confidential, Beavercreek, Ohio
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations, management, and scheduling of all developers.
- Led various teams of developers in fast paced projects, meeting all strict deadlines while delivering high quality product. Implementation used the highest of standards and is now viewed as the benchmark for all future development projects.
- Wrote "whitepaper" on the company's s ystems to be used for marketing and proposals.
- Assist with technical proposal writing for both small and large government contract efforts.
- Took on the Quality Manager role and initiated overhaul of quality system leading up to a successful ISO 9001:2008 re - audit. Initiated effort to be successfully appraised in CMMI-Dev 1.3, maturity lvl 3.
- Designed, developed, and administered a SharePoint 2010 Portal allowing users from all areas to coordinate, review, and approve travel, training, and conference requests as well as submit, review, and automatically compile monthly reports into Word.
- Led project redesigning and moving content to WordPress system. Provided extensive user manual, held user training sessions, developed custom widgets, plugins, and branded theming to enable users to manage their site and content independently.
- Public awareness government site WordPress migration and redesign receiving +1M hits/month.
- Enabled end users to manage extensive workplan and publication database easily online, while also adding ability to quickly publish public interest stories and manage other site content.
- Created and conducted interactive online end user and admin level training for 100+ users.
L ead Web Developer
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Upgraded legacy deliverable tracking web app to .NET 3.5 and ExtJS 3.0 while working directly with customer to add new functionality and new reports and charts that relate user entered web app data to Deltek Costpoint data.
- Designed UI and wrote deployment plan for high visibility web portal for moving data between several Deltek Time and Expense and Deltek Costpoint databases across the company.
- Created LDAP scripts to migrate users' accounts from legacy Active Directory dom ain to new domain.
S oftware Engineer | Technical Lead
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Managed team of 5 developers throughout design, development, and production phases of projects.
- Worked directly with customers, receiving new requirements and feedback on implemented modules.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained database driven web application systems such as: project management including budgeting and planning, contract/document management, and grant tracking.
- Drafted system documentation, deployment plans, test plans, conducted quality analysis and quality assurances tests, including documentation of results.
- Created console app with custom installer file to parse GML-XML documents into SQL data tables.
- Oversaw application upgrades for transitions of ASP to ASP.NET and ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0.
- Designed and implemented SQL Server databases including normalization, maintenance, performance optimization, stored procedures, business classes, advanced DTS and SSIS package transformations and exports, and database documentation.