- He devoted his career to Microsoft Technologies since the initial release of the .NET Framework and has recently enhanced his skills in new Net Core technologies including MVC, Entity Framework, Identity and Linq.
- He has deep experience with SQL Server including areas like query optimization, index optimization, stored procedures, user functions, and triggers recently branching out to DB Models in Entity Framework.
- He has extraordinary ability locating performance and bug issues that arise during the SDLC, especially in the product support phase.
- He is a quick learner, adapting his skill set to the needs of his employer as required.
Microsoft Specific Skills: Net Core, Entity Framework, Identity, MVC, SQL Server, C#, VB.NET, XML/XSL ASP.NET, Web Services/WCF, VSTS 2010-2017, VSS, Visio, Microsoft Office
- Maintained legacy Enterprise Logistics System (ASP)
- Migrated existing code base to Visual Studio Team Service
- Championed effort to migrate Main to Net Core utilizing Entity Framework (underway)
- Developed and maintained sales metrics website/reporting for several automotive manufacturers' insurance products (Mercedes, Ally, Nissan, Audi).
- Enhanced and maintained American Background's background check system
- Significant production support
- Users and client reps of the system (a VB 6 application and asp web site) submitted problem issues. These were triaged by the production support lead and passed out among the developers
- Identified source of problems and created a solution
- Created installation package to be applied to DEV, Staging, and Production
- The solutions involved all aspects of the entire system including VB6, COM+, ASP, SQL stored procedure/functions, and SQL performance optimization
- Periodic projects to provide enhancements to all the systems
- In 2011, ABI was purchased by Sterling Infosystems and significant development work in C# to create systems integration via encrypted Web Services
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Configure and administer a custom web application that was designed to generate quarterly financial reports for multiple brokerage firms
- Customize XSL files to transform client data into the appropriate format readable by the report generating code
- XML query creation and updating
- Using complex SQL queries, created custom web reports for the web application by taking client criteria to pull the correct data
- Minor development of data import tool in C#
Environment: Visual Studio 2010, XSL Debugger, Source Vault, Notepad++, XML Notepad, Skype
E-Commerce Web Developer
- Founded Web Design/Development/Hosting Company
- Designed/Developed E-Commerce Websites (www.mccowenmills.com)
- Non-profit work for re-engineering of www.learnthebible.org