IT professional with over 30 years of RPG experience on systems ranging from the s/34 through iSeries. Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, as a team leader or independently. Created program script interface to accommodate legacy system information uploads. Recognized for cost effective solutions to technology issues and demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines.
LANGUAGES: VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL, SAS, RPG, RPGLE, CL, CLP
TOOLS: Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange
SYSTEMS: IBM i, Windows PCs, Windows servers
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows; Windows Server; IBM OS/400
Confidential, Edison, NJ
IT Asst. Manager/Programmer Analyst
- Manage all phases of software development for organization’s departments: Annuity, Pension, Remittance, Vacation and Medical.
- Modified and created in - house software for all departments utilizing RPG on iSeries.
- All projects utilized RPG III / ILE / embedded SQL, CL, Open Query and iSeries system tools.
- Lead re-write of existing programs from RPG to RPGLE .
- Designed custom software and procedures to interface with vendor driven EDI translator for medical claims processing, transmission and payment
- Maintained and evaluated relationships with vendors as related to the IT department.
- Continuously evaluated new technologies and implemented the scanning of documents to improve access and reduce paper use and storage costs.
- Implemented, and managed, information security directives as mandated by HIPAA to ensure compliance and security of personal and confidential information.
- Developed and updated technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and created onsite Operations Manual of in-house programs and data files for backup and continuity. Outlined all IT daily, monthly, and yearly tasks.
Confidential, Old Bridge, NJ
- Developed and updated software for clients in the apparel industry.
- All development created in RPG on AS/400.
- Developed and maintain software following EDI protocols to enable clients to place orders to required vendors.
- Partnered with clients to recognize needs and requirements for future software revisions.