- A competent and experienced IT Test Engineer having 7.8 years of track record of delivering test solutions across diverse technology projects of varying size and complexity in SDLC and Agile environments.
- Around two years of Agile implementation in Confidential as lead test engineer. Various trainings (Agile methodologies, dev - ops techniques) attended
- Good understanding and exposure to all agile ceremonies like sprint planning, daily stand-ups, Sprint retrospection, sprint review.
- Exposure to agile practices like test driven development, behavior driven development, code refactoring.
- Over 6.6 years of experience in Data Warehousing Testing.
- Certified ISTQB foundation level tester.
- Experience in writing Test Process, Planning & Estimation, Test Strategies and test cases, performing all types of functional and non-functional testing, performance testing, automation of regression test pack
- Good knowledge on Unix scripting and experienced on working data stage and PL/SQL.
- Sound knowledge of tools like HP Quality Center, Rational Team Concert, Control M, Moody’s risk authority tool(Ray), Data stage (Designed and director). I have used the combination of these tools for defect tracking, change request management and designing and executing test cases.
- Experience in coordinating with teams from onshore.
- Excellent Communication, Leadership, Team building, Technical & Analytical Skills with proven abilities in resolving critical defects
- Exposure to Enterprise level activities like CMMi Audit, Testing tool evaluation, DevOps, Disciplined Agile, QA Metric reviews. Experience in process management and improvement, risk management, root cause analysis and best practices.
Senior Software Engineer
Tools: & technologies: HP ALM QC, RTC, Control-M, MKS-Sharepoint, WinSCP, Data stage (Designer and director), Unix, Moody’s risk authority Tool(Ray)
- Leading Performance testing activities
- Leading automation activities which is primarily carried out to automate regression test pack (Unix script and PL/SQL)
- Major role in ordering product backlog items considering the priority of change request
- Worked as scrum-master in automation scrums. Arranged daily stand up meetings, coordinated within teams to track progress, helped team to remove all impediments, held retrospection meetings, helped to write and split user stories.
- Responsible for sprint test approach
- To adopt Devops techniques also got cross functional training of data stage and pl/sql development
- Worked on data stage (Designer/ Director) as developer for 6 + months.
- Active participation in all agile ceremonies like sprint planning, daily stand- ups, retrospection, sprint review
- Major role in Sprint testing, System Integration testing, functional testing
- Driven many sprint review (sprint demo) meetings where project is accessed against sprint goals determined during sprint planning meeting.
- Handling all project activities along with reporting
- Analysis of the SRS (System Requirement Specification) and SDS (System Design Specification) provided by the customer and preparing the Test design and Test cases document
- Interact with Clients for better knowledge of requirements.
- Create, maintain and execute Test Scripts in Quality Centre.
- Understanding Logical flow of the Application for Business Knowledge
- Responsible for time management, setting priorities for tasks, producing deliverables, and status reporting.
- Report test progress, status, and provide defect reports.
- Participate in UAT test planning activities.
- Ensure test execution metrics are updated and submit progress reports.
- Lead defect reviews during test calls and/or defect meetings.
- Escalate issues to management as per necessity.
- Perform Test Closure activities (Publishing Test Completion Certificate)
Tools: & technologies: HP ALM QC, Oracle SQL Developer
- Understanding the User Requirements (SRS).
- Writing the test scenarios on modules.
- Writing the test cases with reference to test scenarios.
- Executing the test cases.
- Generating defect reports.
- Daily reporting test execution progress and outstanding defects to onshore team co-ordinators