- Experienced Embedded Software Development Engineer with programming skills in C and Assembly for Motorola, Freescale, Microchip and TI microcontrollers and experience in maintaining source control versions in IBM Synergy and SVN.
- Strong Software Testing skills in creating automated test plans, writing test scripts, creating and maintaining configurations.
- Excellent academic background with BSE in Electrical Engineering and MSE in Computer Engineering.
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate (both verbal and written) with technical and non - technical departments.
- Seeking a challenging work opportunity to work as an embedded software engineer position where I can use my programming skills in C and C++ and my experience with software development and testing tools.
Languages: C, C++, Assembly, CAPL, VB.Net
IDEs: Code Composer, MS Visual Studio, DaVinciDeveloper, MPLAB and NI LabView
Tools: CANoe, CANape, CANalyzer, CANdela, MATLAB, Simulink, Polarion, IBM DOORs
Source Control: IBM Synergy, SVN Tortoise, ClearCase
Microcontrollers: Motorola 68HC11, PIC18F458, TI TMS570
Protocols/Standards: TCP/IP, RS232, CAN, LIN, FlexRay, XCP, UDP, MISRA, ISO14229, J1939
Senior Software Engineer
Confidential, Peoria, IL
- Develop software features in C for the Engine Control Module.
- Create software requirements specifications (SRS) that have correct and sufficient details for software implementation.
- Interface with electrical and/or systems engineers regarding requirements related to software supported machine functions.
- Trouble system/software issues and develop, test, implements and document resolutions to the issues.
- Provide onsite test setups required for the offshore teams and perform testing if required.
- Collaborate with offshore team, answer their queries and provide technical support.
Embedded Software Engineer
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Analyze requirements and test iPhone and Android mobile apps integration into HMI units of the Confidential vehicles.
- Develop functional test plans to test the Precision Farming products such as Granular Rate Controller (GRC) software developed in C++ for the CNH planters.
- Perform debugging in Visual Studio 2013 for root Confidential cause analysis, report issues and verify the fixes made after each release.
- Report defects in QC and JIRA and escalate urgent and aging issues in the system.
- Follow Agile/Scrum method while attending meetings to discuss feature implementation, test steps and software releases.
- Visit client site to test the functionality of the software onsite.
- Managed tight timeline and successfully completed first project in three months while coordinating with team in France.
- Update issues tracking database daily, report test results, update and maintain test configurations.
Software Development Engineer
Confidential, Saginaw, MI
- Implemented software components for TI micro Confidential controllers in C based on Matlab models, Functional Design Documents (FDDs), Software Engineering Requirements (SERs) and automotive industry standards such as ISO14229.
- Developed code following the MISRA standards.
- Uploaded software in IBM Synergy and maintained the source code versions.
- Analyzed MATLAB state flow models and implemented the design in software components.
- Integrated components such as Bootloader, Bootloader Updater, Diagnostic and Manufacturing services.
- Debugged source code in Code Composer to determine root Confidential cause and corrective action for anomalies against the software.
- Peer Confidential reviewed other software developers’ changes/designs and Unit Test results submitted by testers.
- Analyzed EPS system Safety Functions (SF) and functional requirements and made required software changes.
- Created and maintained required design documents and user manuals defined by the Software Development Process.
- Developed Automated Functional Test Plans based on MATAB models, Engineering Requirements and FDDs.
- Performed network simulation, data logging and analysis by configuring PC tools like CANoe and required hardware.
- Wrote CAPL scripts to simulate digital and analog input signals to the controller.
- Improved test plans to make them automated and scalable over different programs to help meet schedules and costs.
- Integrated CAN communication stack components - CAN driver, CCL, TP, and NM based on customer requirements.
- Performed tests with CANoe using standard test suits and the OEM specific CAN database.
- Finished two projects over 4 months - SLP9 for Chrysler (Single Channel) and SLP3 for Fiat (Multiple Channel).
VB.Net Application Developer
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Designed VB.Net Application for IT monitoring of hardware, software and networking components of plant servers.
- Configured Process Information (PI) interfaces such as SNMP, TCP, Perfmon and HTML to collect data from servers.
- Wrote VB.Net code to calculate alarm Confidential status tags using Advanced Computing Engine (ACE) plug Confidential in in Visual Studio.