- Senior Software Engineer with over 17 years of IT experience focused in software and solution development in Commercial, Federal, Financial organizations and Startups
- Vast hands on experience in the design, development, deployment, implementation and maintenance of complex software systems.
- Expertise and extensive hands on experience in Web, Intranet and Client Server solutions
- Specialized in a broad range of Microsoft technologies including C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, XML Web Services, ASP, VB 6.0, SQL Server, Oracle skills
- Highly motivated and a self - starter with the ability to adopt and produce results in dynamic environments
- Proactive learner with a flair for adopting emerging trends and innovative technologies to achieve project objectives
Tools: MS Visual Studio .NET, TFS, MS Project, XML Spy, UML, Visio, PVCS Tracker, JIRA, Crystal Reports XI/8.x
Langages: C, COBOL, Pascal
Databases: Oracle 12C/11G/10G, MS SQL Server 2012/7.0/6.X, MS Access
Operating System: Windows XP/NT/2000/2007, UNIX, Microsoft.NET, MS DOS
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Delivery of 4 major releases, and several patches meeting aggressive deadlines
- Introduced process improvements yielding higher quality and more predictable results
- Serve as the primary interface with the government POCs and attend status meetings with stakeholders
- Drove major and significant stability and performance improvements including resolving numerous complex issues
- Restructured sub-optimal and under-motivated development and QA groups with a focus on uniting them and changing their mindset to behave as one professional team
- Identified architectural improvements resulting in increased developer efficiency, product reliability, and responsiveness to new feature requests
- Continuously adjusted priorities and addressed issues to improve efficiency. Achieved committed product content and quality goals on time despite staff reductions and increases in content.
- Designed the complete modernization of USAID’s OLIVR system to improve user experience, reduce processing time, improve the security and provide dashboard based solutions
- Facilitate Roadmap planning, Daily Scrum, Refinement, Sprint Review and Sprint retrospective meetings
- Responsible for change management, cross-Scrum coordination, reporting risks and helping the team achieve their commitments
- Removed team impediments on a daily basis to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to team to iteratively improve processes
- Collaborate with the Product Owner for producing effective User Stories and maintaining the prioritized Product backlog.
- Conduct weekly review meeting with senior management and stakeholders
- Established technical and coding standards
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Senior Software Engineer
- Served the HPMS program of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Lead the Waterfall to Agile transformation for the team utilizing Kanban framework - facilitating change, improving processes, and promoting maturity of agile best practices
- Created a custom approach by tailoring Agile processes for the team adopting Agile
- Facilitated release planning, sprint planning, backlog grooming and retrospective meeting
- Work with all functional units from, finance, process improvement, quality assurance, infrastructure and testing, to plan timely delivery of documents and applications within budget and scope
- Used Team Foundation Server as source control
- Conduct code peer reviews of the developed code for minimizing defects and also to maintain coding standards.
- Conducted performance tuning on pages that were taking long to process.
- Involved in Unit testing, Integration testing
- Resolved production issues and implemented 508 compliance for every page developed.
- Create project management plan, project risk documents, work breakdown structure & deliverable schedule
- Performed Earned value management analysis on the projects. Design improved system to integrate with existing system to increase productivity and eliminate redundancy
- Lead ongoing team of data analysts, programmers and related data staff to empower team in designing and implementing various data collection and analysis projects
- Ensured that the proposed solution satisfies legal and environmental requirements, such as security, information assurance, and Company standards
- Supported special projects and initiatives as directed by senior management
- Motivated team to become innovative and leading edge in their respective talents and skills
- Identified and select candidates to fill project-staffing needs and to facilitate resolution of staffing-related issues, perform knowledge transfer to and mentoring of project staff
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Managed a team of 12 resources, were developers, testers and business analyst
- Determine team goals and priorities to ensure web product delivery (via Agile) and internal customer satisfaction.
- Lead the Waterfall to Agile transformation. Facilitating change, improving processes, and promoting maturity of agile best practices
- Developed project plan allocating resources and tasks. Also supervised their work.
- Oversee development, maintenance, and enhancement new web interfaces, UI screens and BI reports.
- Conducted design-reviews during design, code reviews during development
- Took active part in development of the modules. Took complex tasks in the project.
- Implemented 508 Compliance for every page developed.
- Managed code in VSS and released builds for deployments.
- Designed error processing for better maintenance.
- Recognized by customer for major role in the design and development of specialized GUI interface for NASA using web service calls
- Developed numerous forms in Crystal reports per stringent NASA specifications
- Designed and created specialized screens for senior staff for rapid approval of requests
- Contributed as senior developer of FPDS NG, Civilian and Military FAADS applications
- Principal engineer for PRISM operations and maintenance/ application support team
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- System study for making strategy planning for the conversion of the application
- Created dynamic Web pages for the Confidential and executed content management
- Restructured Database from SQL Server to ORACLE. Wrote packages and stored procedures
- Preparation of test data and test cases. Unit testing, System testing and Integration testing
Environment: ASP, SQL Server, Oracle
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Design and development of scheduling system for AME
- Analyzed and designed an Intranet Web based application for new financial products
- Maintenance of legacy systems and old financial products in Confidential
- Participated in the complete SDLC for migration of legacy components and development
- Developed an Intranet web based Facility Scheduling System
- Performed impact analysis for FY 2000 on the system and took necessary action
- Component testing of the modules was done using the database MS Access
Environment: ASP, Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle, Visual Source Safe