Work in a Software Engineer capacity as part of a team, leveraging technical and other skills, to create products of the best possible quality and flexibility, while providing the maximum value to stakeholders.
Twenty years’ experience in full life cycle software engineering, carrying depth of understanding to new situations and to emerging technologies. Ability to explain technical concepts at a variety of levels. A trusted and indispensable member of any team.
- Full life - cycle: requirements, implementation, testing, production support.
- Large framework design and evolution based on requirements, including appropriate use of Service Oriented Architecture and coordination of technologies and strategies across teams, as well as developing technical roadmaps.
- In-depth understanding of issues related to performance and scalability. Specialized expertise in system optimization with respect to performance requirements.
- Development of repeatable unit tests to validate functionality and provide for effective regression analysis. Worked closely with QA team to ensure a quality product. Establishment and exemplification of development standards.
- Extensive work in C# (.NET 4.0/4.5) and Java
- Extensive past work in C++ and Delphi
- Other professional experience: IBM Mainframe Assembler / COBOL / BASIC
- Technologies and Platforms
- Extensive WinForms work and some WPF
- SQL Server 2005/2008, DB2 running on AS/400
- Web services - SOAP/XML, WCF, REST, JSON
- WebSphere 5.1/6.0
- Continuous integration
- TFS 2010, ClearCase, SourceSafe
- OO Design & Modeling: UML / Rational Tools
- Services, Service Oriented Architectures, distributed computing
- Threading, I/O handling, servlets, program efficiency
- Component API design and integration
- Technical writing for technical or non - technical audiences
- TFS 2010, Remedy, HP Quality Center
Senior Application Architect
- Lead in developing/applying application architecture.
- Collaborated with business/project teams to gather requirements and determine business needs.
- Engaged with other technical leaders to ensure solutions fit within the overall architecture.
- Made technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map and the business.
- Drew appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues.
- Monitored technical progress of the team and provided mentoring where appropriate.
- Architected rewrite of Sales system that handles over $10 Billion/year in revenue.
- Personally coded entire backend of reengineered order processing system.
- Engaged a number of other projects in both architectural and development capacities.
- Produced very sophisticated custom messaging components.
- Developed application server platform to tie together programs for emergency responders.
- Developed and supported web services using SOAP, WSDL, and related technologies.
- Collaborated with sister organizations to leverage standards and facilitate information flow.
- Participated in interoperability demonstrations.
- Provided extensive technical documentation on system layout, diagnostics, and strategic direction.
- Technical mentoring to the larger development team.
- Served as a technology consultant and point - of-contact for several important clients.
- Developed using Java Servlets, JSP, JDBC, and HTML.
- Lead architecture and development of commercial Knowledge Management product.
- Created extensible object brokering and ORM framework in Win32 COM environment.
- Graphical object - relational mapping, fine grain security, auditing, and searching.
- Architected and developed commercial source code performance analyzer for Delphi.