- Seeking opportunities to push the bar higher
- to work in an atmosphere that will not only allow me to continually gain more knowledge
- but also not be stuck on past technologies
- a place where I can grow personally and meet my career goals
- along with helping others grow and achieve all of their goals
- all while making every situation to become a win - win.
- Hardware: Mainframe, PC, UNIX
- Languages: VB.NET, VBA, VB6, FilePro, C#.NET, C#, C++, C, Java, HTML, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, Assembler
- Databases: Oracle 11g (DBA - not certified), SQL Server
- Operating Systems: DOS, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, UNIX, Ubuntu
- Applications: Microsoft Office, JCL, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, Crystal Reports, TOAD
Confidential, Lancaster, PA
Junior C# Developer
- Did some modification of xml code
- Completed a project to incorporate a new feature, SNMP, into the security application.
Confidential, Mechanicsburg, PA
Information Technology Specialist
- Webmaster of an internal website on a confidential INTRAnet: Duties were to update all html pages with new information, allow or deny user access according to a user’s NTK(Need-To-Know), and continually make sure the website was the most up-to-date that it could be
- Successfully re-designed all pages of old website when forced to switch to a new SharePoint environment.
- Senior VB.NET developer tasked to migrate applications from some other form(ranged from MS Access to FilePro) into an ASP Web portal format: Duties were to establish feasibility of program migration, if feasible, sit with user(s) to gather information and write program narrative, develop a program specification from the narrative, develop a plan of action and milestones (POA&M) for program design, code all aspects of VB.NET front end, create all tables/relationships using Oracle back end, test all functionality, re-code if needed, document all aspects of new application, implement new application on INTRAnet website, train all users on how to use new application.
- Perform all maintenance of ASP Web portal applications including user access.
- Started with 4 applications in the ASP Web portal, left having 13 in production and 2 in testing. Main goal was to get applications into a new language as well as have one central point for users to go to.
- MS Access developer tasked with upkeep of all old databases as well as developing new ones. Duties were to design and code new Microsoft Access databases and code new enhancements for older ones. This includes gathering information from the users on appearances of the database, number of users, input sources, and overall functionality of the database. Also included giving users access.
- Created an Access database used as a tool to format different documents for input into the ERP system. Saved countless man hours used previously in formatting these reports. Designed in a way so new formats will be very easily inputted.
- Create reports for upper management on a monthly basis or as needed by using SQL in Crystal Reports.
- Ran SQL statements daily to check sizes of Oracle tables and if need be fixed the tables by allocating more space for them or deleting specified logs to free up space.
- Clarified process for documenting applications. i.e. all screens, buttons, input sources, output reports, etc, need to be documented in a Developer User Guide describing actions of the specified object.
- Clarified process for documenting application development. i.e. request statement, program narrative, program specification, POA&M, user test checklist
- Perform other duties as assigned